So how are YOU today?

the prince

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 07:03 am
Full - Had a heavy lunch.
msolga

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 07:16 am
@the prince,
So you're having a wee bit of a siesta, G?

If you don't mind me asking: what did lunch consist of? (These details fascinate me! Very Happy )
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 07:36 am
Karahi Paneer tiffin from the menu below

http://www.tiffinbites.com/menu

p.s. Where did the options for quoting posts in yr reply, insetring links, pics etc go???
msolga

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 07:55 am
@the prince,
Oh Yum, G!
I think I'd go for the smoked fish tikka!
(This reminds me ... I haven't indulged in a good Indian feed for ages! I think it might be time!)
Izzie

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 11:54 am
@msolga,
Sore throat! Ack!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 04:19 pm
@msolga,
The new job has started. Seems like an excellent work crew, if a bit sartorially conservative for my taste.

Regrettably, hamburger had to call me during my first day at the new job to tell me that the decision had been made for mrs hamburger to move into the palliative care suite at a local (to them) hospital. She was moved there today. It is really quite sad. She has pretty much stopped eating, and is very quiet. I will go down this weekend to be with hamburger.

When I called them last night, she was too tired to speak with me. Very sad.

I am glad that her pain is being well-managed, but the very rapid change in her condition is simply so startling. She was only diagnosed 5 weeks ago.

I am posting here, as I'm trying to avoid spots that hamburger might read if he pops into A2K, as he has done on a couple of occasions. I don't want him trying to take on my sadness, as my job is to support him in the difficult decisions he is having to make these days.
dlowan

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 04:38 pm
@ehBeth,
I am so sorry Bethie.

The Hamburgers always seemed so indestructible.

You know nobody is, but still it seemed that way.

Thinking of you so much, and wishing I could take on some of your pain.

I am SO glad her pain management is working, at least.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Beth))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
djjd62

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 04:40 pm
@ehBeth,
keeping you and the hamburgers in my thoughts
ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 04:43 pm
@dlowan,
Thanks MsBunny.

We can use all the wishes for pain-free days and nights you can spare for mrs. hbg. hbg commented the other night that while he's not a praying sort, they have appreciated the offers of prayer and kind thoughts coming their way. He mused that he might turn out to be Catholic after all - and then he laughed, which was good to hear.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 04:47 pm
@djjd62,
Thanks djjd. hbg's right. It does somehow feel good just to hear/read that people are thinking of us.

The hardest part at this moment is having to tell people what has happened in the past 5 - 6 weeks. It is hard knowing that I have to shock them like this.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 04:54 pm
Just popping in to voice my concern for the hamburgers.
sozobe

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 04:55 pm
@ehBeth,
Oof.

Definitely thinking about all three of you, often. That's a big part of why I started my new account on Facebook in fact -- thought you might be talking about this stuff more there than here, and wanted to offer my support. I know you and hamburger far better than mrs. hamburger, of course, but since you guys have talked about her so much, and posted so many great photos over the years, she's a full personality to me, too. Wishing all of you the best.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 05:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thank you edgarB and soz.

The first people I told were A2k'rs on FB, but I didn't post much about it publicly as there are some hometown friends there who I wasn't quite ready to talk to yet. I've done it since, but still keeping it quiet, since you never know where hbg might pop in.
Izzie

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 06:07 pm
@ehBeth,
Bethie........ you know girl...... thinking of you - sending you strength - understand how difficult times are. Thinking of you, HIM, PaPaHamburger and for MaMaHamburger - peace, rest and feeling the love surrounding her.

Love you Beth. oh to hug you for real. x
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 07:08 pm
@ehBeth,
Ah Beth, I am so saddened to hear this. Yes, the very rapid change in her condition is quite startling. And the fact that you were unable to even speak with your mother by phone last night would be so upsetting for you. My whole-hearted sympathy to you, dearie. This is a very, very difficult time for you. I do hope management at your new job is aware of the pressures you're under right now & is sympathetic & responsive to your needs. You have so much on your plate! Sad
I hear you about wanting to protect hamburger & will be sensitive about where on A2K I post about your mother, & I'm sure others here will, too. Though I know hamburger would be in absolutely no doubt about your deep sadness at the moment. Strength & love to both of you (& Mrs h, of course) in getting through these hard days.
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 07:44 pm
@ehBeth,

sorry to find this sad news, ehBeth
please give Mr H my best regards - i miss him here to read

take care
endy
msolga

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 07:53 pm
@Endymion,
Quote:
please give Mr H my best regards - i miss him here to read

Yes, I miss hamburger's utterly reasonable & informative posts, too, Endy.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 08:11 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm sorry to hear about this, Beth. I've not been on FB. I decided to reserve my FB page for family only. You and your Mom and Dad are and will remain in my thoughts.
the prince

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 01:38 am
@Swimpy,
I am so sorry ebeth..thoughts, wishes and prayers are with the three of you...
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 07:27 am
@ehBeth,
If I had a way to pour my heart out I would, but I guess I really just want you and your dad and set to know that I’m so sorry that it’s happening, and that you have friends here who understand.