So how are YOU today?

msolga

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 08:37 pm
@littlek,
Quote:
Farmerman, I am pretty consistent in my diet. This has been ongoing for the last 6 days. At first I thought it was a stomach bug I'd picked up from one of the kids. I'd cut back on carbs lately, so I added them back in. But, I doubt this has to do with diet given that it is a periodic event happening 2-3 times per year. Stress may have a part in it. <shrug>

Just catching up now, k. And I'm worried, too. Six days' worth you say? Please get yourself to the doctor ASAP! This is something you should definitely check out, bugger the embarrassment potential! You need to know you're OK. That's absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about, absolutely not. (I take it the stress could well be work related? Sigh.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 08:58 pm
MsO, I actually don't feel that stressed out. Last time it happened I was, but this time not so much. Stress, there is, but not a lot of it.
msolga

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 09:21 pm
@littlek,
Good to hear that, k. I mentioned stress because you did. Might have got my wires a bit crossed there!
Anyway, glad to hear you're feeling considerably better. I didn't know there was a "last time", k. Yep, off the the doctor with you! Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 10:29 pm
@littlek,
Wishing you well, Li'l k!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 12:21 pm
I am embarassed, indeed! My heart is "as clean as a whistle" and my EKG is "pristine". I was told I'd benefit from cousneling and given a small prescription of low-dose lorazepan. I think I'll celebrate with deacf green tea and a movie......

Thanks all for being there. (or rather for being here)
Roberta

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 12:49 pm
@littlek,
Glad to hear this, big time! Nothing to be embarrassed about, IMO. You felt your heart pounding. Scary stuff.

Hope you enjoy the tea and the movie.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 03:32 pm
@littlek,
You better be embarrassed. No little heart attack? Not even the tiniest nervous breakdown? Nothing but a clean-as-a-whistle heart? I'm so disappointed! Not
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 04:03 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

I am embarassed, indeed! My heart is "as clean as a whistle" and my EKG is "pristine". I was told I'd benefit from cousneling and given a small prescription of low-dose lorazepan. I think I'll celebrate with deacf green tea and a movie......

Thanks all for being there. (or rather for being here)

Get the counseling, it's covered by your insurance. Lorazepan, aka Ativan, might be good for the short term, but is probably not a suitable long term solution.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 04:13 pm
@chai2,
As I said, I only had tachycardia once (140?), and it was my good fortune to be working not far from my boss, a credential heavy m.d., who immediately guessed it was a reaction to, pardon me, constipation. With my diet, which good or bad or indifferent, has left me through the years not dealing with that very much, I've never had another tachy episode. Or maybe that was coincidence - though it seems not. Whatever my blatant faults, I'm generally not constipated.

So - I'd keep notes on what you are doing/eating/drinking around when this stuff happens. I believe you that you weren't particular stressed, and somewhat roll my eyes re therapy advice.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 04:16 pm
@littlek,

at the 1:44 marker - hamburger and mrs. hamburger marching briskly along the hometown waterfront back in about 1987

amazing what you can find on the internet these days

edit: err, in re "how am I doing?" - now, I'm really happy
ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 04:24 pm
@ehBeth,
Sweet!
Thanks for that, eb.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 04:31 pm
I love the way they were walking in step with each other.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 05:10 pm
@chai2,
It's very much how I think of them. Walking hand-in-hand, and in step.

I occasionally got calls from friends over the years, saying they'd seen my parents walking along the waterfront. Now they're safe on Youtube Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 05:16 pm
@ehBeth,
Wow, what a find!
littlek

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 05:16 pm
What a nice memory to have represented on youtube!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 05:47 pm
@sozobe,
Yes, good for all of us to see, so good, and major for ehBeth. What a captcha!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 05:59 pm
@littlek,
So glad all is well LilK... scary when the heart races.

green tea - excellent! Drink plenty. Take good care. x
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 06:05 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
at the 1:44 marker - hamburger and mrs. hamburger marching briskly along the hometown waterfront back in about 1987

What a wonderful find! How did you find that?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 06:43 pm
@littlek,
Quote:

Well you might be embarrassed, k, but I am mightily relieved & very happy to hear that all is well with your ticker! Very Happy So glad you took the pressure off yourself by visiting your doctor rather than worrying all weekend. So now, rest & enjoy your green tea & stop feeling embarrassed. There's really is no need for it. Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 06:54 pm
@ehBeth,
Dammit, ehBeth, I'm still on landline & couldn't properly watch your video. Never mind! ( Evil or Very Mad ) But I'm smiling broadly, anyway, at how much joy this surprise find has brought to you. I'm certain hamburger is delighted, too. (I'll be able to watch this - without all the stopping & starting - in August, when my current ISP subscription runs out & I (finally!) join the rest of the planet on broadband! This will be my first uninterrupted youtube video experience, I'm certain! Very Happy )
0 Replies