U.S. Governors Suspend Refugee Relocation in their States

maxdancona

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 08:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
I am not blaming Christians. I am only blaming conservative Christians.

There are good people who are Christians.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 08:33 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I am not blaming Christians. I am only blaming conservative Christians.

There are good people who are Christians.

You know what you just did? you just called conservatives not "good people"

That makes you part of the problem not part of the solution. We need to have the adults in the room come together to hatch some plans to fix america. You are not capable because you dont respect over half the people in the room. We shall have to keep looking for people who can help.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 08:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
You know what you just did? you just called conservatives not "good people"

Oh golly ....look at that. I did do that, didn't I.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 10:51 pm
@maxdancona,
You are one of the good ones around here.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 10:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
I am not against putting the knife down between good and bad, I am about doing it intelligently. And I want to be clear that intelligence is only partly ego driven brain centered choices derived under the delusion of fairness. I want to be very very clear that anyone who concludes that bad=conservative is one stupid ************!

Or more likely is a liar.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 05:48 am
This unconfirmed story is lighting up Twitter. On several levels, I hope it's incorrect - because shouts are going up for Donald Trump and this hurts the progressive cause (and attitude toward refugees).

Eight Syrians caught on Mexican border. (as I said, not confirmed by a major source.)

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/18/report-8-syrians-caught-at-texas-border-in-laredo/
djjd62

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 06:09 am
@hawkeye10,
they certainly suck in the North West, were many of my Brethren and Cisterns are more in tune with your South Middle/East
revelette2

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 06:46 am
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 03:04 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

This unconfirmed story is lighting up Twitter. On several levels, I hope it's incorrect - because shouts are going up for Donald Trump and this hurts the progressive cause (and attitude toward refugees).

Eight Syrians caught on Mexican border. (as I said, not confirmed by a major source.)

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/18/report-8-syrians-caught-at-texas-border-in-laredo/

More conventional sources are saying that the 8 "turned themselves in" and that they comprise 2 men, 2 women, and 4 children -- in other words, two families.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/8-syrian-refugees-turn-themselves-in-at-united-states-texas-mexico-border/
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 05:29 pm
Quote:
The Obama administration’s ability to defeat Republican legislative proposals to cut off the resettling of additional Syrian refugees hinges on maintaining unity among Democrats, who might be politically tempted after the Paris attacks to side with the GOP’s restrictionist rhetoric.

So far, it’s not going very well.

Forty-seven House Democrats sided with 242 Republicans to pass the American Security Against Foreign Enemies (SAFE) Act on Thursday. That’s a veto-proof majority among the 426 members who voted today. One can see why: It’s a clever piece of legislation. Though it doesn’t explicitly ban resettling additional Syrian refugees or institute Sen. Ted Cruz’s “Christians only” policy, it does make the task of resettling said refugees bureaucratically arduous. The legislation requires the FBI director, the secretary of Homeland Security, and the director of National Intelligence to certify that each Syrian (or Iraqi) refugee doesn’t present a security risk. And then the DHS inspector general has to go through all of the approvals, too. The effect would be to slow the acceptance of refugees to a crawl, putting in place the freeze Republicans wanted under the inconspicuous message of “just another layer of vetting.” That’s enough cover for anxious Democrats to support it—or rather, enough pressure that they can’t vote against it.

You could see this coming.
'he SAFE Act will now go to the Senate where, if called up, it may surpass 60 votes—Reid is denying that it will—though hitting a veto-proof 67 would be a tougher task. What seems certain, though, is that the White House’s pitch for everyone to just calm down about refugees and visitors from countries with terrorist organizations is not working. Senate Democrats may reject the House bill, but they’re already pivoting to alternatives because they recognize that they need to do something to alleviate fears. The legislation introduced by Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Jeff Flake, would block European citizens “who spent time in Syria or Iraq in the past five years” from obtaining visa waivers.

Most likely there was nothing the White House could have done to stop this post-Paris freak out. But as refreshing as they may have been, President Obama’s first comments on the refugee situation perhaps shouldn’t have been to mock the no more refugees! position. He could have done that later on, after offering an explanation for how thorough the vetting process for refugees already is. He argues that knee-jerk reactions like barring all refugees fleeing a war zone don’t represent “who we are” as a nation. Apparently they do.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/11/president_obama_is_losing_the_argument_about_syrian_refugees.html

The Professor fucks up yet again.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 08:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
There is little doubt that the bill’s Republican sponsors exploited fear aroused by the Paris terror attacks to build support for it, seeing a handy opportunity to pursue a broader anti-immigrant agenda. It is a shame that the nearly 50 Democrats who voted for this measure couldn’t find it in themselves to resist.

But not for the first time, President Obama failed to read the mood of Congress and by extension many Americans, who after the Paris attacks are fearful of admitting anybody from the Middle East. Traveling in Asia with his closest advisors, the president was hampered in his effort to lobby Democrats besieged by calls from constituents terrified that the United States is next.

In a last-ditch effort to head off Democratic defections, the president dispatched Denis McDonough, his chief of staff, and Jeh Johnson, the Secretary of Homeland Security, to the Hill on Thursday.

They and other administration officials have struggled mightily to assure Americans of the safety of the refugee resettlement program. The United States has accepted 1,200 Syrian refugees this year, and three quarters of them are women and children. Only 2 percent of those admitted have been military-aged males not traveling with families.

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/11/19/refugee-vote-a-failure-for-obama/?_r=0

Obama just did not give a **** about talking to anyone else, it is always all about him. Anyways, the number of military aged men that have been going to Europe this year is much higher than 2%. I saw an estimate yesterday that it is over 40% (that would be alarming if true), which does not square with the pics we get, which tend to be of women and children mostly unless they are pics of big crowds of invaders.

Just for shits and grins try to find out what the ages are of these people swarming into Europe. It is not very easy, which makes me think that someone does not want us to know such info. Then we need to wonder why.

NOTE: UNHCR says it is 62% men 22% women and 16% kids
http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/regional.php
maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 08:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Anyways, the number of military aged men that have been going to Europe this year is much higher than 2%. I saw an estimate yesterday that it is over 40% (that would be alarming if true), which does not square with the pics we get, which tend to be of women and children mostly unless they are pics of big crowds of invaders.

Would you have said the same thing about the Jews fleeing Nazi Germany? (Many people at the time said very similar things,)
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 08:38 pm
@maxdancona,
Using a combination of the UNHCR numbers and Pew numbers:
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/10/08/refugee-surge-brings-youth-to-an-aging-europe/ft_15-10-05_agingeuropeasylum_310px/

I get that 39% of the "migrants" are males 14-35, right in the wheelhouse for DAESH recruits, and who for all we know may have already done basic training.

We get told that they are going ahead of their families and will bring a more diverse second wave, maybe maybe not, but if I were Merkel and Hollande I would be concerned that so many young to youngish muslim males were in my country for the foreseeable future.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 08:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Another reason we should be concerned is that about 6 months ago the government (that would be ours) was claiming that one of the biggest reasons the plan to train up Syrians to fight Daesh and Assad was failing was that we had a iron clad rule that everyone who joins had to pass a background check. Only when they set out to do it, devoting plenty of resources to the effort, in many cases it was not possible to get enough documentation with enough reliability to clear people, and that even when they could it often took many months, during which time the potential recruits decided they had better things to do and they gave up.

Now our government says it can check people out before they come, no worries??!!

I call BULLSHIT.

I also have no interest in following the EU stupidity of letting in huge numbers of people and counting on figuring out in time later which ones want to burn the place to the ground.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 08:53 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
Anyways, the number of military aged men that have been going to Europe this year is much higher than 2%. I saw an estimate yesterday that it is over 40% (that would be alarming if true), which does not square with the pics we get, which tend to be of women and children mostly unless they are pics of big crowds of invaders.

Would you have said the same thing about the Jews fleeing Nazi Germany? (Many people at the time said very similar things,)

Irrelevant, I did not have a hand in that, it is not the current reality, and you have made no case that the reality that you present has anything to do with the topic of this conversation.

I believe they call that a "Red Herring".
maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 09:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
It is not a red herring at all. It is the exact same situation.

-- In the 1930s and 1940s many ignorant Americans were afraid of Jews. They thought that if Jews came here they would eventually take over the government and change all of our laws.

--- In the 1930s and 1940s the Jews tried to flee to the US because they were in real danger where they were. There was a evil regime with the desire and the power to do them harm.

Tell me... how is the situation with the Syrian refugees today any different?
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 09:21 pm
@maxdancona,
Are you seriously asking me if there is a difference between European jews circa 1937 and Syrian Muslims 2015??

Were the German Jews known to bomb non jews to get into heaven?

Each individual and each group has it own danger level. If you are going to compare the threat from European Jews in the 30's to the threat posed by those fleeing Syria today you need to spell out the connection, because I dont see it.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 09:27 pm
Quote:
With anger rising toward the West for what locals call a betrayal—they compare their plight with Libya’s, when the rebellion against Col. Muammar Gaddafi received NATO and American support—Washington’s disapproval of al-Nusra is merely adding to the esteem of the jihadist group

http://able2know.org/topic/302345-4#post-6071883
Jan 2013

The Syrian people have been pissed at the West for few years, a lot of them think that a huge part of the reason vast stretches of Syria have been reduced to rubble is that the West did not step in and take that Anti Assad side like we did the anti Gaddafi side. I dont have any reason to think that that underlining anger has gone anywhere. These people are predisposed to hate us now and attack us no matter how many toys we hand out to their kids, no matter how many hamburgers and pizzas we hand them. Plus a lot of them have PTSD.

1930's German Jews they are not.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 09:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
The people fleeing Syria today don't pose any real threat nor did the German Jews. They are refugees fleeing a brutal regime.

It is cowardice that is keeping you from doing the right thing, just as it was then.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 09:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
Do you realize that France, the victim of the attack, just reaffirmed its commitment to take in 30,000 Syrian refugees?

I suppose it isn't surprising... we have always known that France has far more courage than Conservative Republicans have.

Land of the Free.. Home of the Brave should mean something.