U.S. Governors Suspend Refugee Relocation in their States

izzythepush

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 06:17 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
ISIS is just another branch of it.

BULLSHIT

Your most articulate post yet, but it's wrong and incredibly pig ignorant. The Jihadis fighting for IS today are the same as those who fought for Al Qaida. The only thing that's changed is the brand because IS seems to be more successful so it's the flag of choice.

There is no difference at all.
BillRM

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 06:27 am
@izzythepush,
Nonsense my silly support of ISIS as ISIS main goal is to set up/carve out a new nation state in the middle east and that was not and is not one of the main goals of the Al Qaida leadership.

Of course they both draw from the same pool of sick religion fanatics but that does not mean that they are one and the same.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 06:43 am
@BillRM,
Your support for IS notwithstanding you'll find that the troops on the ground are the same. They've just changed shirts.

Al Qaida were always about regaining historic Moslem lands including Spain and a lot of E. Europe. 9/11 even occurred on the anniversary of the Battle of Vienna when Moslem power was at its height in Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vienna
BillRM

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 07:08 am
@izzythepush,
Sorry but once more they are not one and the same and even those their long terms goals/dreams is a middle east and even a world control by them the path for reaching that dream/goal is not the same at all.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 08:16 am
@BillRM,
You have no understanding of what is going on, absolutely none. You make false divisions and connections based on your own gut feeling, not any actual evidence. Try watching Al Jazeera for a change, you might even learn something.
revelette2

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 08:35 am
What are the differences between Al-Qaeda and the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS)? How do the two groups compare? Why did the two groups split?

Quote:

Ideologically, they are not different at all. Both groups have an aim of establishing the next Caliphate and spreading Islam to the whole world.

The split came due to power struggles.

ISIS leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdai wanted to annex the Nusra front and form a single group, which Ayman Al-Zawahri, leader of Al-Qaeda, opposed. This would have made ISIS more powerful than Al-Qaeda itself, and they would be de facto running Al-Qaeda.

ISIS- Islamic State of Iraq and Syria are more committed and more devoted to save Islam from all the Western forces.

This was said by Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to a Senior journalist Satish Jaccob during his interview.

You can say they are more close to Wahabis. Al-Qaeda is a terrorist organization comprising of all the terrorist but ISIS- Comprosing of Wahabis and having strength nearly equal to 2000 are solely motivated to save Sunni prominated regions and Islam.

The whole page is worth the read for information, imo.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 08:55 am
@revelette2,
The only real difference are some of the personalities involved. It's easier for people like BillRM to think of them as distinct groups, the reality is far too complicated for him to grasp.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 09:26 am
Quote:
European countries are stretched to their limits in the refugee crisis and cannot take in any more new arrivals, French Prime Minister Manuel Valls was quoted as saying in a German newspaper on Wednesday.

Europe is grappling with its worst refugee crisis since World War Two. Germany so far has taken in the bulk of some 1 million people expected to arrive this year.

"We cannot accommodate any more refugees in Europe, that's not possible," Valls told the Sueddeutsche Zeitung, adding that tighter control of Europe's external borders would determine the fate of the European Union.

"If we don't do that, the people will say: Enough of Europe," Valls warned.

http://news.yahoo.com/french-pm-says-europe-cant-more-refugees-sueddeutsche-080749431.html

"Without borders we do not have a country!"

Donald Trump

+1
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 09:34 am
@hawkeye10,
As widely reported, Vals' quote is wrong. (Mistake in the translation)
Vals said verbatim: "L'Europe doit dire qu'elle ne peut plus accueillir autant de migrants, ce n'est pas possible."
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 09:44 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

As widely reported, Vals' quote is wrong. (Mistake in the translation)
Vals said verbatim: "L'Europe doit dire qu'elle ne peut plus accueillir autant de migrants, ce n'est pas possible."

Could you be any more helpful?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 09:49 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
But in an interview with German newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung, Mr Valls said: 'We cannot accomodate any more refugees in Europe, that's not possible', adding that tighter external border controls would determine the fate of the EU.
'If we don't do that, the people will say "enough is enough", Valls warned

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3333509/Europe-migrants-says-French-PM-veiled-shot-Merkel-saying-not-France-said-come.html#ixzz3sWEAAf9l
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

According to a fast google search I see no retractions. Unless evidence is presented arguing that I should not I will take media accounts of what the guy said as correct.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 10:03 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Please explain.
What do you mean?
I don't know Arabic nor the deeper reasons why they changed the name but I just rely on what has been and is reported.

Please explain this: "Now, that would be funny ... if it wasn't a post by an American."
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 10:41 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
According to a fast google search I see no retractions. Unless evidence is presented arguing that I should not I will take media accounts of what the guy said as correct.
Obviously you didn't look at French and German media.
My above quote is from the original text of the interview.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 10:59 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I don't speak German. I see no links
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 11:01 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Please explain this: "Now, that would be funny ... if it wasn't a post by an American."
I did think the the 2012 election in "no one had heard of ISIS until after the 2012 election" referred to the US-election. Because I thought that the poster is an US-American.

I do admit that the use of the various names - "Isis" and "Isig", later "IS" and "Da'ish" - mainly started in the media in early 2013.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 11:14 am
@Walter Hinteler,
You should realize that "no one" was a bit of hyperbole but, I'm sure, was mean't to represent the American public in general and not necessarily include American officials or American participants in an obscure discussion on Abuzz 10 years or so prior.

The poster was essentially correct. Coverage of ISIS or ISIL did not take off in the US until after the 2012 election, and the average Joe on the street probably wouldn't have been able to tell you who they were before then. Obama's infamous comment that they were a "JV" organization when compared to al Qaida was intended to dampen interest in them so that his campaign slogan "Bin Laden is dead, and al-Qaida is on the run" would retain some power. Unfortunately for the region and the world, after the election ISIS set out to prove they were indeed a Varsity team. Whether or not it had anything to do with Obama's comment or the 2012 election, I can't say.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 11:25 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
I don't speak German.
Vals made the interview in French. (I had thought you did understand - due to your vast knowledge of Germany and German people.)

hawkeye10 wrote:
I see no links
I didn't post a single one - it's all ok with your eyes! (You used google before, didn't you?)
ehBeth

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 12:25 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
. The Jihadis fighting for IS today are the same as those who fought for Al Qaida.

a couple of interviews I heard recently said that the majority (which I doubt, but I'll believe "some") of the fighters are mercenaries and have refused to pledge allegiance to any of the groups. They are there strictly for the $, which supporters of Al Quaeda and ISIS/Daesh have plenty of.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 12:26 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Try watching Al Jazeera

or reading.

They've got some very good journalists from around the world on-board.
BillRM

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 12:29 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You make false divisions and connections

Yes sure they do not share the same leadership, nor are their short terms goals or their middle terms goals for that matter the same.

But other then that they are the same.
0 Replies