U.S. Governors Suspend Refugee Relocation in their States

maxdancona

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 04:33 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
The Bible didn't have to deal with terrorists at the door step as we very well could be dealing with when inviting in Syrian refugees.

You have already said you aren't religious, so I won't hold the fact you don't know the Bible against you. The Bible did have to deal with terrorists. Of course during the life of Jesus the Roman military government was in control, they dealt with the terrorists, primarily by crucifixion.

Read Matthew 5 if you want to know how out of touch your argument is with the teaching of Jesus.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 04:37 pm
@maxdancona,
Just because I'm not a Christian doesn't mean I haven't attended church or read the bible. What facts do you have that the people of the Bible dealt with terrorists? You are going to have to provide that proof.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 04:38 pm
@maxdancona,
My point is the hypocrisy of Conservative Christians who claim to be following the Bible and then do things that Jesus condemns in the strongest of terms.

The people who don't claim to be Christians aren't hypocrites.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 04:43 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm confused... Don't people like you want to see religion removed from politics? This is why it is laughable when people get upset at Christians for what they want to do vs what they think the Christians should be doing according to their religion. You can't very well demand to keep religion out of politics and then demand that they make political decisions based on their religion.

I'm sorry to say this again but the security of the US population should come before any moves to allow unknown persons to enter this country. The President has a responsibility to the people of the US first and foremost, not to foreign countries and their populations.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 04:50 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I'm confused... Don't people like you want to see religion removed from politics? This is why it is laughable when people get upset at Christians for what they want to do vs what they think the Christians should be doing according to their religion.

The point is hypocrisy.

Jesus said "don't resist the evil man" and "love your enemy" and "invite in the stranger". Jesus did this at great risk to his own health and the physical well-being of his followers. Not only was he an example of putting the needs of other in front of his own well-being, he called on his followers to do the same. Refusing to help refugees because people who live in comfort don't want to risk their own well-being is about as far from the words and examples of the Biblical Jesus as you can possibly get.

If you claim to be a follower of Jesus, and you are telling people to reject the stranger in order to keep yourself safe, you are a hypocrite. If you don't claim to be a follower of Jesus than this doesn't apply.

There are a lot of passages in the Bible about welcoming in the Stranger. There isn't a single passage about putting a Christmas Tree on coffee cups.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 05:04 pm
@maxdancona,
Islam came After Jesus' time. No one was running around cutting off apostle heads and running suicide bombers to the markets. No Muslim extremists telling Jesus to convert or die.
BillRM

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 05:08 pm
@maxdancona,
f
Quote:
touch your argument is with the teaching of Jesus.

Screw the so call teaching of Jesus as far as keeping the "homeland" safe.

As I stated wiped out ISIS and rain in Assad and move them back home.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 05:11 pm
@maxdancona,
Exactly, hypocrisy in thinking you can tell people when they should and should not follow their Christian faith. It seems that religious people can only follow the version of religion that makes others happy or fits their views of religion. You either let them do it their way or don't request them to be religious when it fits your purposes.

If they want to place the security of their country above the feelings of refugees then that is their right. When it comes to security and terrorism, religion shouldn't hold a part.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 06:04 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
No one was running around cutting off apostle heads

Are you kidding?

Do you know what happened to Jesus and the apostles (after the baby in the manger story that is)? He was tortured to death in a pretty gruesome manner, and many of his apostles were also killed.

When the Bible says that St. Stephen was "stoned" to death, it isn't talking about illicit drugs.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 06:09 pm
@Baldimo,
The definition of hypocrisy has nothing to do with "thinking you can tell people when they should and should not follow their Christian faith." The definition is as following (from the Oxford dictionary)

Quote:
The practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one’s own behavior does not conform; pretense.

Someone claiming to follow the words and examples of Jesus in the Bible, and then turning away Syrian refugees (when Jesus said very clearly to help those in need and to invite in the stranger), is a perfect example of hypocrisy (especially when they are making this claim in a bald attempt to win votes).

I am not making such a claim.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 06:18 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
When it comes to security and terrorism, religion shouldn't hold a part.

So rather than make people care about the plight of refugees, religion makes them go crazy over the fact that there are no Christmas trees on their coffee cups.

You really don't see any problem here?
BillRM

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 06:37 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
religion makes them go crazy over the fact that there are no Christmas trees on their coffee cups.

At least the US version for the most part does not result in people heads being cut off, ruins thousands of years old being destroy or people shooting up music concerts or blowing up passengers planes.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 07:01 pm
@Baldimo,
They are trying to escape the ME. Try to keep up Baldy.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 07:05 pm
@maxdancona,
They are following the old testament. You know, kill them before they take my job or I have to pay taxes to support them for a few months.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 07:05 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Jesus said "don't resist the evil man" and "love your enemy" and "invite in the stranger

Jesus never managed a state, so his wisdom is pretty much irrelevant here.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 07:06 pm
@McGentrix,
But there were Christians doing so.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 07:10 pm
Before you all took this grand detour into the alleged suckage of the American Christians did anyone prove that the opposition to taking in Syrians comes from Christians alone, and that the motivation comes from their views on religion?

RABEL222

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 07:12 pm
@maxdancona,
Isent it great. When the bible bolsters their argument they quote it to high heaven. When it dosent they switch to the constitution. Hypocrisy.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 07:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The majority of Canadians oppose the government’s plan to resettle 25,000 Syrian refugees in the next six weeks, and the most common complaint is that there isn’t enough time, a new poll shows.

More than half of Canadians (54 per cent) either moderately or strongly oppose Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s plan to bring 25,000 refugees over by Jan. 1, 2016. Meanwhile, 42 per cent moderately or strongly support the plan, according to an Angus Reid Institute poll conducted three days after terrorist attacks killed 129 people in Paris.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/majority-of-canadians-oppose-trudeaus-plan-to-bring-25000-syrian-refugees-over-in-just-six-weeks-poll

They suck up north too I suppose.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 07:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
We would get the same kind of numbers out of Europe too if the people there were free to talk what they actually believe. But they have not paid enough attention to preserving the freedom that they used to have, much less working to grow it.

Guess what people ...it is time to stop blaming Republicans for everything you dont like. And for some of you Christians.