U.S. Governors Suspend Refugee Relocation in their States

parados

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 10:24 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
The length of time that I have known of false dichotomy has no bearing on whether you just used 2 false dichotomies.

That makes your statement an ad hominem since you are attacking me instead of my argument.

Your statements were false dichotomies since you made for there to be only one other possible choice. It seems you can't argue they weren't false dichotomies.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 10:59 am
@Baldimo,
I have some understanding of what's going on in the ME. You have none, and that is why you confuse understanding with support. I don't support IS, never have, the notion is ridiculous peddled by idiots like you who can only throw dirt.

The greatest supporter of IS has to be Dubya, he gave them a power base and a powerful argument for joining them.

If you want to get rid of mosquitos you need to drain the swamp, not dig a load more which idiots like you seem intent on doing.

Your collective ignorance meant you all lazily assumed that Turkey would acquiesce in keeping Assad in power. When I said that wasn't going to happen Hawkeye ridiculed me. Now Turkey has shot down a Russian plane, and idiots like you can't comprehend why it happened.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 11:15 am
@izzythepush,
Says the guy who comes up with every excuse as to why terrorists are terrorists and forgives them for it. Blame Bush all you want to, ISIS wasn't a thing until Obama was in office and he started dropping them weapons to fight Assad. ISIS started their "war" in Syria and Bush had nothing to do with Syria. Obama was and is in power during the time of ISIS. He took office in 2009 and no one had heard of ISIS until after the 2012 election. It wasn't until Obama started his campaign against Assad and Syria that ISIS became an issue. Your revision of history to protect Obama is scary.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 12:28 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
no one had heard of ISIS until after the 2012 election.
Now, that would be funny ... if it wasn't a post by an American.

But if you are fixed on the name 'ISIS', you are correct: that's how they were called between April 2013 until May 2014.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 12:35 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Baldimo wrote:
no one had heard of ISIS until after the 2012 election.
Now, that would be funny ... if it wasn't a post by an American.

But if you are fixed on the name 'ISIS', you are correct: that's how they were called between April 2013 until May 2014.

you really must get out of this snit of yours Walter. Baldimo is talking about something important...after we had gotten out of Iraq we did not here much of anything about Iraq or Syria, we we glad to not need to think about our people getting killed and our government ******* up. There was a lack of interest from the White house on down.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 01:02 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Please explain.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 01:33 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Please explain.
What do you mean?
I don't know Arabic nor the deeper reasons why they changed the name but I just rely on what has been and is reported.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 01:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
ISIS, ISIL, DAESH... It's all word soup to them.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 01:51 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
1999/2003

there was discussion of the group (under an earlier name) back at Abuzz

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_the_Levant

Quote:
The group originated as Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad in 1999, which pledged allegiance to al-Qaeda in 2004. The group participated in the Iraqi insurgency that followed the March 2003 invasion of Iraq by Western forces.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/06/isil-eminent-threat-iraq-syria-20146101543970327.html

Quote:
ISIL can trace its roots to Tawhid and Jihad, a Sunni group which rose against the US and Iraq after the fall of Saddam Hussein in 2003.

Tawhid's leader, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a Jordanian, declared his allegiance to al-Qaeda in 2004, renamed his group al-Qaeda in Iraq and pushed a vicious campaign of suicide bombings and attacks on Iraqi and US targets.

But his methods were rejected by many Iraqis, who regarded the group and its leader as foreign interferers in what was a national struggle, bent on a sectarian war and killing for killing's sake.

After Zarqawi's death, the group rebranded as the Islamic State in Iraq, or ISI, with a new leader, Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, in an apparent attempt to "nationalise" its image.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 02:06 pm
@Baldimo,
I've not forgiven the terrorists. You refuse to understand what motivates them, and want to repeat what went so spectacularly wrong last time.

You can't fix stupid.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 02:20 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I've not forgiven the terrorists.

Sure you have. You don't speak ill of them, and give them excuses as to why they are the animals they are.

Quote:
You refuse to understand what motivates them, and want to repeat what went so spectacularly wrong last time.

What is there to understand. They kill those that don't agree with their version of Islam. They want the entire world to be ruled by Islam and all govt's to be ruled by Sharia Law. People like you make excuses for them and even try to deny that they are Muslim.

If you understand them so well, how do you stop them?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 03:44 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldy you make me embarrassed to admit I am a U S of A citizen with idiots like you making the rest of the world think we are all as clueless as you. Al qaeda has been around since1988 in one form or another. ISIS is just another branch of it.
BillRM

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 04:57 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
ISIS is just another branch of it.

BULLSHIT
layman

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 05:10 pm
@ehBeth,
Any mature, able-bodied "refugee" who doesn't like what ISIS doing in his parts should be joining those who fight them, not running.

The same could be said for many who are not "able-bodied."
layman

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 06:06 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The difference is we made peace in NI.

Yeah! Negotiate peace, that's the ticket! Obama and Putin can just sit down and get this whole mess in Syria settled, I'm sure.

Then again, maybe not:

Quote:
Putin allegedly said that negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon. The pigeon knocks over all the pieces, shits on the board and then struts around like it won the game.

http://beforeitsnews.com/obama-birthplace-controversy/2013/10/putin-allegedly-said-that-negotiating-with-obama-is-like-playing-chess-with-a-pigeon-the-pigeon-knocks-over-all-the-pieces-shits-on-the-board-and-then-struts-around-like-it-won-the-game-2468568.html
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 06:07 pm
@layman,
Makes sense to me. Pick up a rock and throw it at one of them. Hell, if your fast enough you might even get two rocks thrown before a terroist blows your head off. Think Isralie.
layman

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 06:12 pm
@RABEL222,
You know why China is so overpopulated now?

Because back in 1942, when Hitler invaded Russia, all the Russians just ran over into China, that's why.

Nuthin in Russia now except Krauts.

I never passed no history course, but that's what I hear-tell.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 01:09 am
@layman,

Quote"I never passed no history course, but that's what I hear-tell."

Have you even been to school? If you can use a computer you can check the truth of your statements. A good debater does this if they want to be trusted. If you just want to stir shyt it wont take long for people to find you out.
layman

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 01:12 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Have you even been to school?

Hell, yeah! Not exactly because I wanted to go, but, still....

Quote:
If you just want to stir shyt...

I guess you clean missed the point, eh? I understand. I aint too hot at explainin nuthin.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 06:14 am
@Baldimo,
I've not forgiven the terrorists at all, but you're very forgiving of the war criminals who helped put them there. You don't have a problem with genocide as long as it's people like you doing the "ethnic cleansing."

Bush is to blame, his stupidity is what caused all of this to happen, first in allowing 9/11 to happen by ignoring repeated warnings by the outgoing president and his own intelligence officers. Then an illegal war which had nothing to do with 9/11 where your monkey creature didn't even know the difference between Sunni and Shia, alienated the Shia population and claimed you'd be welcomed as liberators.

Your **** for brains brigade has fucked thing up for long enough. You need to shut up and let those who actually know what they're doing try to sort this mess out.
0 Replies