Far-left liars endanger us all

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:01 pm
Well, maybe I read more into her statement then she intended.

Quote:
Sorry McGentrix, I don't belong to the "Prevent thy Neighbor from Humping his Dog" police. I don't own binoculars; I don't spy over the fence; I don't check the neighbor's dog for signs of human penetration.

If my neighbor is sexually abusing his children, I do hope that his children will find the courage to confide in a responsible adult and that my neighbor will be held accountable for his crimes.

Seems to me though, Debra_Law wants to live in her own little world where the effects of the rest of the world won't bother her. Living obliviously is no way to live.
"
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:11 pm
Kittens
McGentrix wrote:
Your missing the point where Debra_Law implies that whatever her neighbors do, it was none of her business. That's bad. there comes a time when what your neighbor does NEEDS to be your business because it could end up killing you.

Earlier this summer, I noticed several kittens in my yard. They were beautiful kittens. They came running into my yard from underneath the fence that separates my yard from the neighbor's yard. They chased each other, played tag, chewed at the tips of my grass, and tried to catch birds.

After a few days, I didn't see them anymore. What happened to the kittens? I'm afraid that my neighbors might be drug dealers or worse [gasp] terrorists. Do you think they found good homes for the kittens or used the kittens for their target practice? And, if they used the kittens for target practice--what / whom will they use next? ME?

I hate to jump to conclusions about those sweet innocent kittens and their sudden disappearance--but this thread has me so paranoid about my neighbor's evil deeds that I can't live peaceably or happily anymore. My life is now consumed in fear. If I don't keep a watchful eye on my suspicious neighbors, who will? I must abide by my patriotic duty and snoop into their business every day from now on--the security of my country depends upon it.

Thank you, McGentrix, for opening my eyes!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:13 pm
Do you even know your neighbors names?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:29 pm
Oh yes!
McGentrix wrote:
Do you even know your neighbors names?

McGentrix: Not only do I know their names, I'm running an exhaustive background check on them right now. I also sneaked a peek at their license plate on their Chevy and wrote it down in my surveillance notebook. Smile

Edit: I'm baking muffins. I'm going to bring them by later today as a good neighbor gesture. That will get my foot in the door so I can give the furniture a quick observation. If I find an accumulation of dust--I'll report back immediately.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:31 pm
I bet McGentrix still cuts a fine figure in his Big Brother Junior League short pants......and I bet he wears them with black socks.....
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:33 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I bet McGentrix still cuts a fine figure in his Big Brother Junior League short pants......and I bet he wears them with black socks.....

Laughing

High ones. Pulled up to just under his knees.

Short shorts and high socks (and Blue Ribbon beer).
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:34 pm
Rolling Eyes

So, do you know their names or not? Do you know anything about them at all or are you one of those neighbors that doesn't care anything other than themselves? The kind of neighbor everyone else talks about?

"She was such a quite person...who would have expected her to do that?"
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:37 pm
Sagamore wrote:
Swolf-your article from the USA Today is dated just after the first invasion and has preliminary speculation as to what was found. Got anything more recent that might give us more info? Or are you willing to just guess what actually was found?

May I have your proof that Saddam moved all his weapons to Syria along with an explanation as to how an effort that massive completely escaped our "eye in the sky" that can read a license plate from outer space. How, exactly, did he move all that stuff? In a caravan or one vial at a time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/01/25/wirq25.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/01/25/ixnewstop.html

Quote:

"We are not talking about a large stockpile of weapons," he said. "But we know from some of the interrogations of former Iraqi officials that a lot of material went to Syria before the war, including some components of Saddam's WMD programme. Precisely what went to Syria, and what has happened to it, is a major issue that needs to be resolved."

Dr Kay's comments will intensify pressure on President Bashar Assad to clarify the extent of his co-operation with Saddam's regime and details of Syria's WMD programme. Mr Assad has said that Syria was entitled to defend itself by acquiring its own biological and chemical weapons arsenal.

I suspect we'll get to find out what all was involved after W is re-elected and the baathist regime in Syria is eliminated.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:39 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Rolling Eyes

So, do you know their names or not? Do you know anything about them at all or are you one of those neighbors that doesn't care anything other than themselves? The kind of neighbor everyone else talks about?

you do understand no one takes your crap of this nature seriously McGentrix and the kind of comments you draw to yourself that offend you are comments that you set yourselfup for right?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:47 pm
They call me "Blondie"
McGentrix wrote:
Rolling Eyes So, do you know their names or not? Do you know anything about them at all or are you one of those neighbors that doesn't care anything other than themselves? The kind of neighbor everyone else talks about?

My neighbor to the east calls me "Blondie." And--I have it on good authority that he is extremely worried that the weeds in my garden might choke out the carrots.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:47 pm
Moishe3rd wrote:
In my brief foray into the topic, "Doesn't Anybody Deal with Facts," I realized that the (right wing) critics were correct. The taunt that "if you show me your facts, I'll show you mine," is a pointless exercise in one-upmanship.
However, as the subject is once more upon the table, I give you my right wing source....

Post April 26, 2004
By Kenneth R. Timmerman

New evidence out of Iraq suggests that the U.S. effort to track down Saddam Hussein's missing weapons of mass destruction (WMD) is having better success than is being reported. Key assertions by the intelligence community that were widely judged in the media and by critics of President George W. Bush as having been false are turning out to have been true after all. But this stunning news has received little attention from the major media, and the president's critics continue to insist that "no weapons" have been found.

In virtually every case - chemical, biological, nuclear and ballistic missiles - the United States has found the weapons and the programs that the Iraqi dictator successfully concealed for 12 years from U.N. weapons inspectors.

Ah, but the thing which you miss there, is that the democrats claim we would have been protected from all that by having Hans Schlixx running around Iraq looking for the wizard (to try to get as brain) and by Jake Shellac and other eurotrash leaders taking money from Saddam Hussein. That should have made us all feel so warm and fuzzy that we'd not have felt obliged to liberate Iraq and those 30 million people would still be happily living under Saddam Hussein's brutal dictatorship.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:49 pm
So we are done with this then.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:57 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Your talking like its wrong to not know about your neighbor. What if you just don't care? What's wrong with being a "quiet person"? Yeah, it turns out that some bad people weren't social neighbors. It doesn't make it a prerequisite, however.
I've heard just as many times "He's such a nice person, I never would have expected it". Should that mean something to me now? Should we be concerned with our more social neighbors? Of course not.

When I buy a house, I'm gonna wave "hi" and "bye" to my neighbors, and thats it. Because I like my privacy. Nosey people piss me off. Nothing wrong with that. Chill out, holmes.

BTW, thanks for making me chuckle, Debra!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:58 pm
OMG, OMG
I am extremely worried about what my neighbors are saying about me--right now--as we speak.

I have to go to Wal Mart and buy some hair dye. My neighbors will never accept me with this long blonde hair. I have to get my lawn mowed before it gets too long and THEY call the "grass is too long" police. I have to get my weeds pulled before the neighborhood rumors spread completely out of control. The next thing that could happen--the neighbor lady will be bringing ME muffins and checking My furniture for dust.

OMG. My life is so complicated now--I yearn for the peacefulness of my former oblivious lifestyle.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:03 pm
I personally like to know my neighbours, but not to judge 'em.

(I mean, murderers and incest-committers aside and stuff, of course - before I get all that in response).

I'm not, like, les' go BBQ y'all, but I'm friendly - will chat when I happen upon them. I check the mail for my neighbour when he's travelling, and yeah he's gay and no I wouldn't feel it's any of my business or anything to worry about if he decided to get married! Very Happy
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:41 pm
Speaking of neighbors

Quote:
Published on Monday, July 26, 2004 by CommonDreams.org
Dissent is Now Dangerous
by Steven Laffoley

A young pastor with a peace pin, a retired landscaper with a bumper sticker, and a poorly dressed filmmaker with a populist streak. In America, they are dangerous dissenters. At least, many now believe so.

Freeport, Maine is a wonderland of American consumer capitalism. Its pristine nineteenth century buildings on a narrow main street give the familiar comfort of small town America - with the comfortable familiarity of big mall brand names: L.L. Bean, Abercrombie and Fitch, The Gap, Polo. And times are good among the wealthy in America. The street is jammed with well-dressed people carrying bags in both hands.

First Parish Church is also on the main street. It too was built in the nineteenth century. Out front, on the grass, sits a white, wooden peace sign three feet across. Inside, curved pews and arches pull the viewer's attention to the front stain glass window. Below that, two men talk by the pulpit. They see me and come to talk.

Ted is in his early sixties and wears a tee shirt and ball cap with the local fire department insignia. He speaks with a thick, Maine accent. Next to Ted stands the Reverend, John. He is younger, not yet 40. Passionate about their church, they describe it in detail - its history and its congregation of 100 or so.

After a while, I ask them about the peace sign on the grass. Reverend John tells me it was made by local high school students celebrating the life of Martin Luther King. I ask how the tourists, given the war, have reacted to the sign. The two men talk of some hostility, some vandalism. I ask about the congregation and where they stand on the war. "Split down the middle," says Ted.

"We work," offers Reverend John, "to find, common ground." He is uncertain, though. Common ground in America isn't so common. Ted says he supports the president, the war. But he is restrained. He notices the peace pin on my notebook. We talk for a while more, and then Ted leaves. Reverend John and I continue talking as we walk toward the exit.

At the door I ask, "Where do you stand on the war?"

He sighs and then glances past me to the street. No one is near. "If I weren't the pastor," he says pointing at my notebook, "I'd be wearing that pin." He has to be careful, he says. He wants to keep his job. We nod at each other as though we're sharing a conspiracy.

John is scared. Dissent is now unchristian.

The next morning, at the hotel, I have a coffee in the common room. I'm alone until an older man enters. Bald, with a barrel chest and a red face, he greets me heartily, "Good mornin'." He gets his coffee, sits on the opposite couch, and starts talking. "I'm Lou," he says, "from St. Louis." Lou is retired landscaper who talks rapidly of his family, his life, and his recent travels around America. While sipping his coffee, he notices my peace pin. He leans forward and lowers his voice. "Takes guts to wear that," he says.

Again, I share conspiratorial whispers. Lou "admits" he is a moderate Democrat. "Back home, after a lot of thought," he says, "I put a 'Kerry for President' bumper sticker on my truck. It was weird. On the highway, people were honkin' at me and givin' me the finger. Occasionally, someone would drive by and give me thumbs up. But truthfully, I got nervous. I thought someone might pull a gun."

Lou is scared. Dissent is now undemocratic.

Late that night, I watch news on MSNBC. The commentator is yelling. A quote from filmmaker Michael Moore flashes on the screen. It reads: more American soldiers may have to die before America realizes this war is wrong.

The commentator is spitting bile. "Michael Moore," he shouts into the camera, "is calling for the death of Americans. He is anti-American. A traitor. Why isn't the Democratic Party disavowing this dangerous dissenter? Why isn't Senator Kerry distancing himself from Michael Moore? Does he agree with him?"

The commentator is flushed with rage. Dissent is now un-American.

In the local newspaper, buried on page twelve, I read that the Bush administration is test flying the conditions necessary for postponing the November election. A terrorist attack? A hurricane? An earthquake, perhaps?

I find myself wondering: is the "dissent" of pastors, landscapers, and filmmakers enough?

It is then that I realize: I am scared. After all, in America, dissent is now dangerous.

Source
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:44 pm
Malarky.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:50 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Moishe3rd wrote:
In my brief foray into the topic, "Doesn't Anybody Deal with Facts," I realized that the (right wing) critics were correct. The taunt that "if you show me your facts, I'll show you mine," is a pointless exercise in one-upmanship.

Only if you have no facts to begin with.

Kenneth R. Timmerman wrote:
The Iraq Survey Group (ISG), whose intelligence analysts are managed by Charles Duelfer, a former State Department official and deputy chief of the U.N.-led arms-inspection teams, has found "hundreds of cases of activities that were prohibited" under U.N. Security Council resolutions...

Prohibited activities are not WMDs.

Both Duelfer and his predecessor, David Kay, reported to Congress that the evidence they had found on the ground in Iraq showed Saddam's regime was in "material violation" of U.N. Security Council Resolution 1441...

Material violations are not WMDs.

Both Duelfer and Kay found that Iraq had "a clandestine network of laboratories and safe houses with equipment that was suitable to continuing its prohibited chemical- and biological-weapons [BW] programs"...

Laboratories and safe houses are not WMDs.

"Where were the missiles? We found them," another senior administration official told Insight.

Missiles are not WMDs unless they have nuclear, chemical, or biological warheads.

Timeout here. I say again, you (Joe) and your ilk only gave Saddam Hussein half a year or more to hide all the really dangerous stuff and then to try to claim that none of the telltale clues which he did not have time or wherewithal to hide count is disengenious and would make sense logically only if you were living on Mars, rather than Chicago.

Chicago, like all of our other cities, is vulnerable to that kind of ****.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:53 pm
I'm really calmed down now that I neither live in Chicago nor in any of all of your cities!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 03:10 pm
swolf wrote:
Timeout here. I say again, you (Joe) and your ilk...

I have an "ilk?" Is that like my posse?

swolf wrote:
...only gave Saddam Hussein half a year or more to hide all the really dangerous stuff and then to try to claim that none of the telltale clues which he did not have time or wherewithal to hide..

Up to this point, your sentence is intelligible. But then...

swolf wrote:
...count is disengenious and would make sense logically only if you were living on Mars, rather than Chicago.

I'm not sure how "disengenious" one would have to be to make sense out of this statement, swolf, but I imagine even a half-educated Martian would have trouble with it. Perhaps you could make another attempt at it -- this time get a running start.

swolf wrote:
Chicago, like all of our other cities, is vulnerable to that kind of ****.

But I thought we were safer now that Saddam has been captured.
0 Replies