Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 11:58 am
That comment seems rather uncalled for.

Plus, I disagree with it. So there.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:01 pm
McGentrix wrote:
That's why the terrorists are able to do what they do Debra_law. Because of people like you.

This has to be one of the dumbest statements I've heard from you recently, McG. I understand your politics, and your position on these issues, but maybe it's time to think that this culture of fear being propogated by the current administration, (and I didn't say Conservative for a reason, as both parties are equally capable of this crap), is perhaps more responsible for making America weak and compliant. Is that the America you want?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:01 pm
McGentrix wrote:
That's why the terrorists are able to do what they do Debra_law. Because of people like you.

Under Hitler people with such attitudes like you show here, McG, got ranks in the Nazi hierachy:
Hauswart, Blockwart ... ...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:03 pm
nimh wrote:
Oh i see Set already found that bit. You're not saying that senior coalition sources are lying are you McG? Shocked

I merely used it as an example. The shell is, by definition, a WMD, however, as Joe and others have been so quick to point out, it is not the WMD's we are looking for.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:04 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Under Hitler people with such attitudes like you show here, McG, got ranks in the Nazi hierachy:
Hauswart, Blockwart ... ...

Nice Godwin effect, Walter.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:10 pm
Not at all, McG, or would you have understood what I wanted to say when calling you of showing up a "Blockwart-mentallity"?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:12 pm
(I'm rather sure, they had a similar name for such in the GDR, too, ...)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:16 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Not at all, McG, or would you have understood what I wanted to say when calling you of showing up a "Blockwart-mentallity"?

I know what you are alluding too, Walter.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:21 pm
So you know what it is to live in a totalitarian country/under a dictatorship?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:23 pm
I would hardly consider being aware of what ones neighbors are doing (what car do they drive, how many children they have, how they take care of their lawns, are they terrorists, etc...) to spying for the government.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:29 pm
Let me get the ruler
McGentrix wrote:
I would hardly consider being aware of what ones neighbors are doing (what car do they drive, how many children they have, how they take care of their lawns, are they terrorists, etc...) to spying for the government.

OMG, McGentrix. You could be onto something. I just peeked and I think my neighbor's grass is too long. Maybe the grass is an inch or more too long. I gotta find my ruler and get the correct measurements. If my suspicions are verified, I'm going to call the "grass is too long" police. This may be a tell-tale sign of a terrorist. My neighbor is probably in his cellar right now constructing a bomb--and he's undoubtedly so engrossed in his task that he forgot about his lawn.

Reality check: When did you inherit the keys to the zoo--or did you always possess them?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:30 pm
Re: Let me get the ruler
Debra_Law wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

OMG, McGentrix. You could be onto something. I just peeked and I think my neighbor's grass is too long. Maybe the grass is an inch or more too long. I gotta find my ruler and get the correct measurements. If my suspicions are verified, I'm going to call the "grass is too long" police. This may be a tell-tale sign of a terrorist. My neighbor is probably in his cellar right now constructing a bomb--and he's undoubtedly so engrossed in his task that he forgot about his lawn.

Reality check: When did you inherit the keys to the zoo--or did you always posses them?

Heh. Good one.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:31 pm
The longer the grass, the easier it is to hide WMDs. Better check that out Debra. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:32 pm
Well, at least McG's sense of humour is coming out again.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:36 pm
In case the terrorists (or the liberals) attack the Adirondacks, McG will be there to defend his homestead.

Go get 'em, tiger!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:39 pm
Deb wrote:
the "grass is too long" police

Around these here parts, we call dem da Homeowners' Association.

And ever now an' then, some a them need killin', too. :wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:40 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Nice one ... huh. So les' back track:

1) because Debra thinks its "none of her business" if her "next door neighbor is a homosexual and wants to marry the person he loves" or if his "daughter chooses to have an abortion", it's of course a logical question to ask if she also doesnt consider it her business if they "start screwing their kids" or "start shooting people" - because you know, thats just a reasonable equation or association to make - homosexuality, incest, you know, just degrees of nuance right?

2) if she answers that she doesn't consider it her business to check on her neighbours' dogs welfare, though she'd be the first to call 911 if they start shooting, it is, you know - sure proof - that its thanks to people like her that "the terrorists are able to do what they do"!

Totally logical. Right?

From gay marriage to 9/11 in just two steps ... wow.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:43 pm
Your missing the point where Debra_Law implies that whatever her neighbors do, it was none of her business. That's bad. there comes a time when what your neighbor does NEEDS to be your business because it could end up killing you.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:51 pm
While I do pay some attention to my neighbors, it's not to make sure they're not fomenting revolt or planning to kill me. It's because I care about them and would want them to look out for me, too.

What McG describes is paranoia...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:57 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Your missing the point where Debra_Law implies that whatever her neighbors do, it was none of her business.

Yeah, I did miss that, funny eh? In fact, I just reread her posts, and nope, still cant find it. Closest I get is this:

Debra_Law wrote:
Do not fear, McGentrix. If my neighbor starts shooting people, I'll be the first one to dial 9-1-1. I think I am capable of discerning the difference between privacy issues and true crime. Are you?

... and that somehow doesnt seem to be remotely near "whatever her neighbors do, its none of her business".

Gay marriage - personal choice
Abortion - personal choice
Shooting - get the police in

Sounds good to me ... I must be missing something about where the terrorists come into the whole thing, eh?
0 Replies