Far-left liars endanger us all

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 09:48 am
Far-left liars endanger us all

At this point we have four independent sources that say there was no lying by President Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair regarding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. The 9/11 commission, the Senate Intelligence Committee, Lord Butler's British investigation and Vladimir Putin have all stated that the WMD intelligence was faulty but the politicians did nothing untoward.

So what should be done with the people who accused Bush and Blair of intentionally lying to bring war to the world? Have you heard any of them apologize for their slander? I haven't.

Let's go further. The 9/11 commission report criticizes both President Bush and Bill Clinton for failing to act on the Al Qaeda danger. That's what the Richard Clarke controversy was about. The former White House terrorism adviser ran wild suggesting that Bush ignored him. The partisan Clarke played down the fact that Clinton also failed to act on his advice to actively engage Osama Bin Laden. The 9/11 commission filled in that blank.

Imagine if Bush had ignored the CIA assertion that Saddam had anthrax and other substances. If Al Qaeda had attacked us with deadly weapons from Baghdad, and Bush had rejected intelligence about WMDs, he would have gone down in history as the incompetent of all time.

Based on intelligence, Bush had to confront Saddam. He tried to work within the framework of the United Nations. But it was obvious the UN would procrastinate as long as possible, as it is doing now in Sudan.

What would you have done if you were Bush? You are told by U.S. and British intelligence that a brutal dictator had WMDs and had supported terrorism all over the Mideast. Known terrorists, including Bin Laden pal Abu Musab al-Zarqawi were living in Iraq. And you sit there while Hans Blix runs around the desert? Come on. Bush could have delayed action and planned better for the aftermath, but, ultimately, he had to act.

Every time I hear some extremist rant about presidential "lies," I get furious. These people put all of us in danger. Many far-left Web sites spew allegations that have no basis in fact. Unfortunately, these people now have sympathy in the mainstream press and can get their libel distributed. Let me give you an example from experience.

In my analysis of the attack on Sept. 11, I gave airtime to a young man who lost his father at the World Trade Center. This guy said on my TV program that Bush and his father were responsible for the 3,000 deaths and that his own father had "allegedly" been murdered by Al Qaeda. He went on to imply that America was the true terrorist nation.

The man had no evidence for this, and was dismissed by me in a not very gentle way. The guy was and is a disgrace. But not to the far left: To them, he's a hero. These people have used him as an example of someone persecuted by "conservatives."

It is dishonest and disheartening. The ultraleft fanatics will pretty much say and do anything to destroy those with whom they disagree. These people are hurting all Americans by obstructing the true terrorist danger we are facing today.

Bush and Blair did not lie. It is far past time that clear-thinking Americans begin holding the true liars accountable. Our lives may depend on it.

link
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 12,394 • Replies: 266
No top replies

SueZCue

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 09:52 am
. . . and the peanut gallery is noticeably silent. Great posting, by the way!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 09:56 am
Well, to be fair, 5 minutes isn't enough time to properly react to a post of this magnitude.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:01 am
Really??

One sentence sums it up.

"Blair put exclamations marks where they should have been question marks"

When it comes to killing people, to war, not telling the whole truth is tantamount to lying.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:05 am
The American left is now officially living in some sort of an alternate universe and alternate reality.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:06 am
Re: Far-left liars endanger us all
McGentrix wrote:
In my analysis of the attack on Sept. 11, I gave airtime to a young man who lost his father at the World Trade Center. This guy said on my TV program that Bush and his father were responsible for the 3,000 deaths and that his own father had "allegedly" been murdered by Al Qaeda. He went on to imply that America was the true terrorist nation.

The man had no evidence for this, and was dismissed by me in a not very gentle way. The guy was and is a disgrace.

Here's some of that transcript ... judge for yourself who behaved like a "disgrace" here ...
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:17 am
Gautam wrote:
Really??

One sentence sums it up.

"Blair put exclamations marks where they should have been question marks"

When it comes to killing people, to war, not telling the whole truth is tantamount to lying.

There is now overwhelming evidence that Saddam Hussein had his hands in the original trade towers bombing, in Oklahoma City, in an attempt on the life of George H.W. Bush, in the anthrax attack on the US senate office building which followed 9/11, that he was paying the families of suicide murderers in the middle east, was running a school for terrorism with mockup airliners, and was involved in an incipient three-way trade involving Libya and North Korea which was intended to put Europe including you within range of nuclear-tipped missiles from hardened sites in Libya and it was the interception of a ship involved in that final outrage which caused Libya's Khadaffi to finally renounce that sort of business publically and which apparently determined George W. Bush to put an end to the baathist state in Iraq.

What is there in wanting to put a stop to all of that bullshit which you find unreasonable? I mean, inquiring minds want to know.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:19 am
swolf wrote:
There is now overwhelming evidence....

Where?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:20 am
swolf wrote:
There is now overwhelming evidence . . .

Yeah, right Bubba . . . "overwhelming evidence," . . . somehow, you seem to be the only one overwhelmed.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling ! ! !

-- C. Little
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:28 am
Yes swolf, where ? (except in the minds of Bush and Blair)
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:30 am
swolf is easily overwhelmed while we're mostly underwhelmed.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:45 am
On of the more interesting thing about humans, as a species, is that if we say something is so often enough then it becomes so. Despite what ever factual data is available to contradict it. We were told repeatedly that Iraq had WMD's, and links to al Qaeda and thus possed an immediate threat. We were told that by the President in a State of the Union Address, and by the Secretary of State at the UN. This was the reason we went to war. No Weapons of Mass Destruction have been found (but North Korea has them) No links to al Qaeda were found (but Iran has some with a direct link to 9/11). Yet the drum beat from the right continues...we did not lie...we did not lie...
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:50 am
And we're safer.

Don't forget that one.

This lady can sure lay down the smack:

Quote:
Maybe it's because I've been instructed to pack a respirator escape hood along with party dresses for the Boston convention.

Maybe it's because our newspaper has assigned a terrorism reporter to cover a political convention.

Maybe it's because George Bush is relaxing at his ranch down there (again) while Osama is planning a big attack up here (again).

Maybe it's because there are just as many American soldiers dying in Iraq post-transfer, more Muslims more mad at us over fake W.M.D. intelligence and depravity at Abu Ghraib, and more terrorists in more diffuse networks hating us more.

Maybe it's because the F.B.I. is still learning how to Google and the C.I.A. has an acting head who spends most of his time acting defensive over his agency's failure to get anything right. Maybe it's because so many of those federal twits who missed the 10 chances to stop the 9/11 hijackers, who blew off our Paul Reveres - Richard Clarke, Coleen Rowley and the Phoenix memo author - still run things.

Call me crazy, Mr. President, but I don't feel any safer.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:59 am
Thanks for that link to a sane voice, pdid.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 11:03 am
Dowd is no better than Coulter in her rhetoric. All lies spiced up with a dash of truth.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 11:04 am
ehBeth wrote:
Thanks for that link to a sane voice, pdid.

Exclamation

SANE?!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 11:08 am
Acq:

I think you mean bleating:)
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 11:13 am
swolf wrote:
There is now overwhelming evidence that Saddam Hussein had his hands in the original trade towers bombing, in Oklahoma City, in an attempt on the life of George H.W. Bush, in the anthrax attack on the US senate office building which followed 9/11, that he was paying the families of suicide murderers in the middle east, was running a school for terrorism with mockup airliners, and was involved in an incipient three-way trade involving Libya and North Korea which was intended to put Europe including you within range of nuclear-tipped missiles from hardened sites in Libya and it was the interception of a ship involved in that final outrage which caused Libya's Khadaffi to finally renounce that sort of business publically and which apparently determined George W. Bush to put an end to the baathist state in Iraq.

What is there in wanting to put a stop to all of that bullshit which you find unreasonable? I mean, inquiring minds want to know.

Where is this overwhelming evidence you claim access to? Then, what is unreasonable about wanting to put a stop to a whole buncha bullshit which one person or a group of people find unreasonable? Well, nothing unreasonable, unless you drag others into what is tantamount to a family feud. Rolling Eyes It showcased Bush's contempt for the United Nations and his statements about following his guts over the facts made the US look like a nation being led by a man blinded by his messianic fundamentalism rather than logic or reason or anything rational. THAT, my friend is unreasonable.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 11:52 am
Acquiunk wrote:
...No links to al Qaeda were found...

We did not go to war with Iraq over 9/11, however, what you say here, is simply not so.

From: http://www.detnews.com/2004/editorial/0407/23/a10-220277.htm regarding the 9/11 Commission report.

Quote:

What the commission found was a lack of evidence that Iraq collaberated with Al Qaeda on 9/11, not that there were no links.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 12:42 pm
McGentrix,

Why do you have such a bee in your bonnet about the left? What has the left ever done to you?
0 Replies