Far-left liars endanger us all

Piffka

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 09:04 pm
Re: Foisting MORALS
Debra_Law wrote:
What part of "let freedom ring" do you NOT understand? This is the battle cry upon which the United States of AMERICA was founded. You cannot foist your moralistic views upon others. PERIOD.

If my next door neighbor is a homosexual and wants to marry the person he loves--that's none of my business--it's none of your business.

If my next door neighbor's daughter chooses to have an abortion--that's none of my business--it's none of your business.

Well put, Debra Law!
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 09:06 pm
Setana:

I think the "Flock" has a new member.

Maybe we can save this one before it's too late.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 09:41 pm
I hate to be a downer, Boss, but i rather think that when they reach the stage of asserting outright that a political description of a partisan group is out to "destroy the family," they're beyond hope . . .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:24 am
Baldimo

I'm glad, you live very happy where you live!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:15 am
Oh god !! Not another gay basher who thinks we are out to destroy the society as we know it Shocked
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:38 am
Gautam wrote:
Oh god !!

Pssscht, Gautam: she is on his site :wink:
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:00 am
setenta, McG is presenting a classic strawman argument here. It's the only thing he's got.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:27 am
Debra_law, at what time is what your neighbor does your business? When they start screwing their dog? when the start screwing their kids? When they start selling drugs? When they start shooting people?

You want to live in an insular world where your neighbors business doesn't matter. That's fine. Just because they want to doit dosn't mean that I or anyone else should think that it's right.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:41 am
SueZCue wrote:
. . . and the peanut gallery is noticeably silent. Great posting, by the way!

Becareful what you wish for.

Isn't it amazing how in a few short years the Republicans can move from it being "all about the lying" not the sex, to trying to determine what the meaning of "is" is or in this case what constitutes a lie.

Facts are that NO WMD have been found yet they will keep insisting that they do but we just can't "see" them. Powell lied to the UN because the intel he was using was about 10 years old. Not to mention it came from a source where he STOLE the information.

Bush DID lie because he misrepresented the facts. There were peolple saying that no WMD existed, there were people saying that Saddam wasn't a threat and he ignored them just like he ignored all the warnings up until 9.11 about an attack. The nuclear bomb claims was based on forged documents and he knew this before he gave his infamous SOTU address.

Today he holds a scientist who said that Saddam didn't have WMD and guess what? HE DIDN'T! but he is held as are other scientist who weren't willing to say that Saddam had weapons he did not have.

It's amazing to me that after over a year and SEVERAL that is SEVERAL PEOPLE! sources have come forth and said with confidence that there were NO WMD, and that NO CONNECTION existed that some will keep on telling the lie. Not only telling the lie but then trying to claim it isn't a lie. They work under the idea that we aren't supposed to believe our lying eyes (as in NO WMD found, and NO connection found) but we are to belive them (the far right wack writers)

What's the most dangerous thing in America today is the willingness for so many to ignore the lies, to be so blinded by partisanship, to be so eager for power that they will trample on our Democracy because to them the Ends will jusitfy the means. So what if elections are stolen if favors our guy! So what if they lie, they lie for our own good ( that goes way back to Iran-Contra), Dissent is now unAmerican, and dangerous. Hate has filled Americans and I don't care how you try to point blame to those evil "liberals" name calling, insults that are born of hate will always be the greatest danger to humans and eventually to our Democracy. Hate is what fuels racism, bigotry, and now partisanship has joined those two because people are filled with partisan hate in no matter what it will always be destructive to any civilization.

So save me the "liberal" bullshit!
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 08:44 am
Redheat wrote:

Bush DID lie because he misrepresented the facts. There were peolple saying that no WMD existed, there were people saying that Saddam wasn't a threat and he ignored them just like he ignored all the warnings up until 9.11 about an attack. The nuclear bomb claims was based on forged documents and he knew this before he gave his infamous SOTU address.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ideas_opinions/story/215718p-185711c.html

Quote:

At this point we have four independent sources that say there was no lying by President Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair regarding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. The 9/11 commission, the Senate Intelligence Committee, Lord Butler's British investigation and Vladimir Putin have all stated that the WMD intelligence was faulty but the politicians did nothing untoward.

So what should be done with the people who accused Bush and Blair of intentionally lying to bring war to the world? Have you heard any of them apologize for their slander? I haven't.

Let's go further. The 9/11 commission report criticizes both President Bush and Bill Clinton for failing to act on the Al Qaeda danger. That's what the Richard Clarke controversy was about. The former White House terrorism adviser ran wild suggesting that Bush ignored him. The partisan Clarke played down the fact that Clinton also failed to act on his advice to actively engage Osama Bin Laden. The 9/11 commission filled in that blank.

Imagine if Bush had ignored the CIA assertion that Saddam had anthrax and other substances. If Al Qaeda had attacked us with deadly weapons from Baghdad, and Bush had rejected intelligence about WMDs, he would have gone down in history as the incompetent of all time.

Based on intelligence, Bush had to confront Saddam. He tried to work within the framework of the United Nations. But it was obvious the UN would procrastinate as long as possible, as it is doing now in Sudan.

What would you have done if you were Bush? You are told by U.S. and British intelligence that a brutal dictator had WMDs and had supported terrorism all over the Mideast. Known terrorists, including Bin Laden pal Abu Musab al-Zarqawi were living in Iraq. And you sit there while Hans Blix runs around the desert? Come on. Bush could have delayed action and planned better for the aftermath, but, ultimately, he had to act.

Every time I hear some extremist rant about presidential "lies," I get furious. These people put all of us in danger. Many far-left Web sites spew allegations that have no basis in fact. Unfortunately, these people now have sympathy in the mainstream press and can get their libel distributed. Let me give you an example from experience.

In my analysis of the attack on Sept. 11, I gave airtime to a young man who lost his father at the World Trade Center. This guy said on my TV program that Bush and his father were responsible for the 3,000 deaths and that his own father had "allegedly" been murdered by Al Qaeda. He went on to imply that America was the true terrorist nation.

The man had no evidence for this, and was dismissed by me in a not very gentle way. The guy was and is a disgrace. But not to the far left: To them, he's a hero. These people have used him as an example of someone persecuted by "conservatives."

It is dishonest and disheartening. The ultraleft fanatics will pretty much say and do anything to destroy those with whom they disagree. These people are hurting all Americans by obstructing the true terrorist danger we are facing today.

Bush and Blair did not lie. It is far past time that clear-thinking Americans begin holding the true liars accountable. Our lives may depend on it.
0 Replies

Sagamore

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 08:46 am
When our own CIA did not give Bush the answer he sought, Bush quoted the British intelligence that did.

Did Bush tell the truth when he claimed "we found the WMD."?

Did Rummy tell the truth when he reported that "we know where the WMD are."?

When our own intelligence did not tell him what he wanted to know, did Bush get what turned out to be bogus info from Chalabi and some Iraqi known only as "Curveball?" And, when he heard what he wanted to hear, did Bush not order our troops into a totally bogus war in Iraq.

Every claim made by the White House prior to the invasion has been proven false. No WMD. Not greeted as liberators. Financial forecasts way off. Troop requirements not even close to reality. 900+ of our kids sent home in body bags. For what? Deposing Saddam? America no longer buys it. Saddam was not worth the loss of lives on both sides.

What is going on there now? Iraq now the kidnap capital of the world. Our troops are sitting ducks for snipers, car bombs, etc. A puppet government is intended to bring stability that will last only until our elections are over.

The bottom line is this: we could have left the inspectors there and verified the lack of weapons. All those people didn't have to die. Bush and his minions have committed perhaps the worst foreign policy blunder in history! They define the word incompetent.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 08:51 am
I'm guessing that swolf missed my previous post; that's why I didn't get a reply. For the sake of convenience, I'll repeat it:

swolf wrote:
There is now overwhelming evidence....

Where?

<waiting patiently>
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 08:58 am
Have you looked in Sandy Berger's pants?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:06 am
McGentrix wrote:
Have you looked in Sandy Berger's pants?

Obviously your brain has been clouded by lustful thoughts regarding your neighbor's dog. I suggest either a cold shower or investing in a sturdy muzzle.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:10 am
Sagamore wrote:

The bottom line is this: we could have left the inspectors there and verified the lack of weapons. All those people didn't have to die. Bush and his minions have committed perhaps the worst foreign policy blunder in history! They define the word incompetent.

You are massively full of s**t.

Democrats and the UN only gave Hussein half a year to move all that stuff to Syria and/or dispose of it and then you're going to accuse George Bush of lying?

Aside from that, US marines testing the waters of the two major rivers for simple potability found very high levels of mustard agents and cyanide; you think that was leftover from one of Hammurabi's weapons programs??

What does that say about Hans Schlixxx? I mean, other than that he was either taking money from Saddam Hussein like Jake Shellac was or was too stupid to find the Tigris or Euphrates rivers?

I mean, aren't the major rivers the first place you'd go to look for runoff from that sort of program?
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:12 am
joefromchicago wrote:
I'm guessing that swolf missed my previous post; that's why I didn't get a reply. For the sake of convenience, I'll repeat it:

swolf wrote:

Where?

<waiting patiently>

I view trying to poison the US senate office building with anthrax as an outright act of war, hence it's very difficult for me to understand where the demmunists are coming from in their opposition to the war in Iraq.

The first case of anthrax after 9-11 (Bob Stevens) showed up within miles of where several hijackers stayed JUST BEFORE 9/11, a very unlikely coincidence considering that they could have stayed anywhere in the country.

The last previous case of anthrax in a human in the United States prior to 9-11 had been about 30 years prior to that.

There are other coincidences. For instance, the wife of the editor of the sun (where Stevens worked) also had contact with the hijackers in that she rented them the place they stayed.

Atta and the hijackers flew planes out of an airport in the vicinity and asked about crop dusters on more than one occasion. Indeed, Atta sought a loan to try and modify a crop duster.

Atta and several of the hijackers in this group also sought medical aid just prior to 9/11 for skin lesions that the doctors who saw them now say looked like anthrax lesions.

Basically, you either believe in the laws of probability or you don't. Anybody claiming that all these things were coincidences is either totally in denial or does not believe in modern mathematics and probability theory.

While the anthrax in question originally came from a US strain, it isn't too surprising that Iraq might have that strain since that strain was mailed to laboratories around the world years earlier.

Nonetheless, it was highly sophisticated, and went through envelope paper as if it weren't even there; many thought it to be not only beyond the capabilities of Hussein but of anybody else on the planet as well including us. Nonetheless, later information showed Husseins programs to be capable of such feats:

http://www.aim.org/publications/media_monitor/2004/01/01.html

Basically, the anthrax attack which followed 9/11 had Saddam Hussein's fingerprints all over it. It was particalized so finely it went right through envelop paper and yet was not weaponized (not hardened against antibiotics). It was basically a warning, saying as much as:

Quote:

"Hey, fools, some of my friends just knocked your two towers down and if you try to do anything about it, this is what could happen. F*** you, and have a nice day!!"

There is no way an American who had had anything to do with that would not be behind bars by now. In fact the one American they originally suspected told investigators that if he'd had anything to do with that stuff, he would either have anthrax or have the antibodies from the preventive medicine in his blood and offered to take a blood test on the spot. That of course was unanswerable.

The basic American notion of a presumption of innocence is not meaningful or useful in cases like that of Saddam Hussein. Even the Japanese had the decency to have their own markings on their aircraft at Pearl Harbor; Nobody had to guess who did it. Saddam Hussein, on the other hand, is like the kid in school who was always standing around snickering when things went bad, but who could never be shown to have had a hand in anything directly. At some point, guys would start to kick that guy's ass periodically on general principles. Likewise, in the case of Saddam Hussein, the reasonable assumption is that he's guilty unless he somehow or other manages to prove himself innocent and, obviously, that did not happen.

At the time, the US military was in such disarray from the eight years of the Clinton regime that there was nothing we could do about it. Even such basic items as machinegun barrels, which we should have warehouses full of, were simply not there. Nonetheless, nobody should think they would get away with such a thing and, apparently, Hussein and his baathists didn't.

Bob Woodward's book "Bush at War" documents some of this:

Quote:

'Cheney?s chief of staff, Scooter Libby, quickly questions the wisdom of mentioning state sponsorship. Tenet, sensitive to the politics of Capitol Hill and the news media, terminates any discussion of state sponsorship
with the clear statement:

Quote:
"I'm not going to talk about a state sponsor."

'Vice President Cheney further drives the point home:

Quote:

"It's good that we don't, because we're not ready to do anything about it."

I've seen several items dealing with this one on the web, e.g.

http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/douglass/122602.htm<br>

The Clinton administration was a disaster of unprecedented proportions. We're lucky to be alive.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:23 am
swolf wrote:
Aside from that, US marines testing the waters of the two major rivers for simple potability found very high levels of mustard agents and cyanide; you think that was leftover from one of Hammurabi's weapons programs??

This is new? do you have a credible sources for this statement.

Secondly what might be the source of theses chemical? Iraq, particularly northern Iraq, is a major wheat producer and dumps high levels of herbicides and insecticides on its field, much of which ends up in the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers (it's called pollution). How would you sort out this from disposed chemical WMS's?
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:29 am
joefromchicago wrote:

swolf wrote:

Where?

<waiting patiently>

Part of the story of Iraqi involvement in major terrorist incidents in the US may be viewed here:

http://www.jaynadavis.com/story090502-wsj1.html

Quote:

"When the full stories of these two incidents (1993 WTC Center bombing and 1995 Oklahoma City bombing) are finally told, those who permitted the investigations to stop short will owe big explanations to these two brave women (Middle East expert Laurie Mylroie and journalist Jayna Davis). And the nation will owe them a debt of gratitude."

- Former CIA Director James Woolsey,
Wall Street Journal, September 5, 2002
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:35 am
Acquiunk wrote:
swolf wrote:

This is new? do you have a credible sources for this statement.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2003-04-04-iraq-white-vials_x.htm
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:38 am
Acquiunk wrote:

Secondly what might be the source of theses chemical? Iraq, particularly northern Iraq, is a major wheat producer and dumps high levels of herbicides and insecticides on its field, much of which ends up in the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers (it's called pollution). How would you sort out this from disposed chemical WMS's?

Chicago is getting out towards the midwest. Try asking Joe there whether or not anybody in the midwest uses mustard gas to kill insects on crops...
0 Replies