littlek

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 03:27 pm
@dagmaraka,
That's great news! New job?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 03:27 pm
@ehBeth,
Ehbeth, dear, where are your NFL Superbowl picks? You got, um, about 10 minutes.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 04:18 pm
new job lined up in Blava, yes. I will be working for a liberal arts college - a new kid on the east european bloc. teaching courses and also helping to run the place - which is a good balance for me, utilizing most of what i've been studying and doing so far.
that means the Real Life is around the corner - getting an apartment, settling down.... for awhile it sounded like Death (the *FOREVER* aspect of it), but now i'm kinda looking forward to having some stability in life and a place of my own. holland is good, but it's pretty lonely and that gets old quick.
Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 11:25 am
A female actually had me confused, for a short while....haven't had that happen to me since my former, asexual self was roaming the planet. But it was just a short while, and now I see the light again.
dagmaraka

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 11:33 am
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
welcome to the club of los..i mean us realistic sensible people who don't get their priorities confused!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 11:43 am
Despite all the understanding and appreciation for the situation, I can imagine that it still hurts like hell. But Dag, you don't have to decide yesterday or today or anytime whether you will take him back. If you want a permanent relationship with marriage and all that entails, then the smart money is on looking for your soul mate who shares that want. If your current love realizes he does not want to live without you and shows up on your doorstep with a ring AND a date--actually a very near wedding date--I think you will know at that time whether to say yes or no. Until such time, you are wise to accept that it was most likely not meant to be.
dagmaraka

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 11:45 am
@Foxfyre,
oy, fox, this thread was started some 4 1/2 years ago.... the man in question would not be taken back if he crawled on all fours and was clawing his eyes out. Smile
i wouldn't object to another one crawling around though.
nimh

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:59 pm
@dagmaraka,
dagmaraka wrote:

holland is good, but it's pretty lonely and that gets old quick.

you really should get in touch with my sis, she lives right there and she's great fun - I'm sure she'd really like you too.
dlowan

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:10 pm
@dagmaraka,
So...this will be a more connected place for you??????

0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 07:15 am
@nimh,
Actually, i asked you about my sis months ago, but now that i'm thinking of it, i also know this italian girl who lives in the hague. Used to work with her - lovely girl, very kind, very hospitable and, well, italian ;-). Lost contact with her a while ago, but could easily pick up again & put the two of you in touch, if you'd like.
dagmaraka

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 10:39 am
@nimh,
sure, would be good if you could put us in contact... i've been rather insanely busy, but i do tend to give myself at least one day off a week - usually not intentionally, but one must do that sometimes.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 12:30 pm
@dagmaraka,
dagmaraka wrote:

oy, fox, this thread was started some 4 1/2 years ago.... the man in question would not be taken back if he crawled on all fours and was clawing his eyes out. Smile
i wouldn't object to another one crawling around though.

Ack! I didn't take note of the start date. Oh well, my advice is always intended to be brilliant, but having some distance from the initial problem does tend to alter our perceptions doesn't it.

Anyhow, for what its worth, I believe God (however we perceive it/him/her) provides a soul mate for each of us. Those of us who are the luckiest run across and recognize that person. So I will wish that for you. Meanwhile I don't think any of us can have too many friends.
dagmaraka

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 02:23 pm
@Foxfyre,
nope, haven't met a soulmate yet. not even close, unfortunately. the guy i was with for 8 years seems like it has been a lot of work when I now look back... i will keep an eye out, maybe hurl myself into traffic so that my soulmate can save me in the last moment from under the screeching wheels... yes, that sounds like a good plan.
Thomas

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 06:14 pm
@dagmaraka,
dagmaraka wrote:
maybe hurl myself into traffic so that my soulmate can save me in the last moment from under the screeching wheels.. yes, that sounds like a good plan.

It is. But if you're into near-death experiences in traffic, why did you ever leave Cambridge?
dagmaraka

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 06:19 pm
@Thomas,
no, you must be kidding, thomas. drivers there are courteous, slow, patient and kind... everything is relative. i look at them from the hague perspective..or the slovak one -- both extremely favorable to bostonians.
Thomas

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 06:29 pm
@dagmaraka,
Mmmmmkay -- happy hunting in DenHaag then. On the other hand ... if drivers in Den Haag really make those in Cambridge look slow, patient, and kind, are you sure your soulmate would hit the breaks for you? It does seem to be a critical part of your plan.
dagmaraka

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 06:31 pm
@Thomas,
of COURSE he would not. he would be on a bicycle and save me from a speeding car, see?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 06:34 pm
Have bike, will travel.
Thomas

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 09:05 pm
@dadpad,
Good thinking, mate. Good taste, too.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 11:22 am
@dadpad,