The Amazing Race is back!

Heeven

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 08:36 am
Yeah the trailer showed her making a comment that he doesn't commit to anything. When he stated he committed to the army, she replied that he got out of that by becoming a POW! What? Is this woman losing it? What a horrible thing to say. I think she is so over the relationship that her frustration is making her say some really stupid things. If she is that unhappy with the guy she should leave him, and the race. I certainly wonder if he has any compunction to try to win this thing, knowing he would be sharing the money with HER! If someone spoke to me this way, I would walk, even if it meant losing the chance to win that money. However, now he can't do that, right? Because she would probably just say "see I told you, no committment to anything"!!!!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 07:58 pm
exactly

just shows the intelligence factor involved with beauty queens (not that there arent smart ones out there...somewhere)
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 01:20 am
I think she's just saying that because she's frustrated. I mean, who on earth wouldn't think that was a stupid thing to say.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 07:45 am
I am so happy that Uchenna and Joyce won. It was a great ending. The teams won in order of my preference - 1, 2 and 3. After cutting off her hair and I do not believe they won anything during the show and just how much they supported each other and were so positive. Some times it just feels good to see nice people win.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 07:53 am
I cheered out loud when they won! I was so anxious at the end that I hadn't realized how much I wanted them to win. The very idea of Rob & Amber or Ron & Kelly winning would have been a disappointment. I thought I was going to have an aneurism when they were scrabbling to pay the cab-fare and Rob & Amber were driving to the finish line and Rob said something about seeing them. I thought it was all over for Uchenna and Joyce and I cried when Uchenna said they were going to spend the money on invitro or adoption.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 07:59 am
It was a very tense and emotional ending - it looks like they might have held up Rob & Amber from finishing sooner to give Uchenna and Joyce some time to bask in humble glory and celebration. I think there was only one time in the entire season where they were less than nice to each other but it didn't last long and after all they are human and the race it a challenging quest.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:03 am
Maybe against you guys but for me Rob and Amber are the people you love to hate and love at the same time. They honestly put a lot of added spice in the season, and it might have been the other couples resentment for them that helped me to like them more. They did play the game pretty good and pushed every rule to the limit. I also bet some things change in later seasons because of them.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:27 am
I actually quite like Rob and Amber. I thought they did very well, but I wanted Uchenna and Joyce to win because I liked them more and they hadn't already won a million on Survivor or were having their wedding paid for by a TV show (like Rob & Amber). I'm not sure what you mean by "I also bet some things change in later seasons because of them". I didn't see anything vastly different in the way Rob & Amber did the race as compared to any of the other teams in this or previous races. Yeah they were a little sneaky sometimes but that is excellent behavior compared to Jonathan & Victoria in Race 6.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 10:25 am
I agree - I liked Rob and Amber. In many ways they deserved to win so that is why I loved the ending. $1 million to the couple who deserves the money the most and 2nd place bragging rights to the couple who played the most strategic game. You can't feel sorry for Rob and Amber as they won about 5 trips out of the deal.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 03:42 pm
Rob and Amber are an opportunistic money-making team--and there's nothing wrong with making money. They won first and second place on Survivor All Stars, became engaged on national television, ran an entertaining and strategic race on Amazing Race (coming in a respectable second and reaping all possible air time they could along the way), and now they are getting married on national television.

They are stretching their 15 minutes of fame as far as it can possibly go and they're raking in the millions at the same time. Gotta LOVE America--the land of opportunity! LOL

My honey and I couldn't stop laughing and mocking the "nobody can control me but the military" man and his wannbe controlling bride. He told her to "SHUT UP" so many times and in so many ways that I wanted to reach into the screen and give him a slap on the back of his head. BUT, she gave it right back to him.

I told my man: "Don't ever tell me to 'shut up' on national television." He replied, "Shut up! I 'll tell you to 'shut up' if I want to." And I replied, "NO, you shut up." And he said, "NO, you shut up." Of course, we were laughing and getting our kicks out of mocking those two; hope they can buy a clue someday.

I'm very pleased that Uchenna and Joyce won. They were the sentimental favorites and America LOVES to see really nice people win the prize. It's a very "feel good" ending to a great season on Amazing Race.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 03:56 pm
Debra_Law wrote:
I told my man: "Don't ever tell me to 'shut up' on national television." He replied, "Shut up! I 'll tell you to 'shut up' if I want to." And I replied, "NO, you shut up." And he said, "NO, you shut up."

<<<rubbing hands together in anticipation>>>

So have you and hubby applied for Amazing Race yet? We need some entertainment!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 04:14 pm
Without doubt, my man and I would be the most entertaining couple to ever enter a reality television competition. But, we believe it is far better to mock others than to be mocked. ROFL

Additionally, my big strong, sexy, muscular man and his contagious smile/laughter would win over the adoration of millions of women thoughout the nation (the world even). . . and something like that would go to his head. It's my responsibility to keep his feet firmly planted on the ground with his focus solely on me. LOL
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 04:19 pm
Debra_Law wrote:
we believe it is far better to mock others than to be mocked.

but that's the beauty of it, mocking your co-teams, as we at home rip you to shreds! We could also do with a droolicious man to ogle! and I'm sure you're a sweet thang yourself!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 10:31 pm
A theory I just heard tonight - was that Rob and Amber might have been told they couldn't win or shouldn't. His behavior in the end might have been weak considering all the other times that he really USED other people - Miami was his weakest time for using and taking advantage of people.

Uchenna made the comment when they were raising money they Rob and Amber pulled up. The it cut to them running to finidh in first and then a big time space before Rob and Amber showed up - more than you'd expect.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 07:54 am
I heard an interview with Rob and Amber this morning on the radio. They said that POW and beauty queen are no longer together (surprise, surprise). Rob also thought that they let Uchenna and Joyce get on the plane after it was all shut up so that the race could be closer - it would not have been as exciting had Rob and Amber arrived enough ahead so that the last minutes would not have been so close. I also wonder if they change things throughout the race, like whether it is an elimination round or not. For example if the POW and beauty queen came in last whether it would have been an elimination round. They wanted that feel good ending.
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 12:00 pm
ohh mann I'm so crushed Rob and Amber didn't win. They really deserved to win. I've never seen anyone so in love like they are. Well, good news is that they're getting married on National Television now.
0 Replies