The Amazing Race is back!

George

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 08:11 am
Adam was absolutely hilarious. What a weenie!
I was laughing myself silly as he floated helplessly in the diving suit while
his partner completed the stunt.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 11:06 am
I kinda felt sorry for him.
Anyone know where they're going next?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 08:54 pm
I think I like Hayden and Aaron.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 07:22 am
They're gone!
No more Mr. & Mrs. Nice Guy.

Jonathan & Victoria failed because they only brought one donkey.
<Insert joke here.>

I wonder whether using the "yield" on Freddy & Kendra is going to
come back to haunt Adam & Rebecca?
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 12:28 pm
Good riddance to both of them.

I think it was a mistake for Adam/Rebecca to yield the others.

Did you see Adam have a mini-freak-out at the church/worship site? What was that all about? Frustration? From Rebecca being so harsh with him at the airport and accusing him of being as abusive as Jonathan and telling him how she never wanted to be with him again, that when they got home it was all over?
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 12:42 pm
Heeven wrote:
...What was that all about?...

I think his hair-horns are too tight.

I don't get the strategy behind yielding anyone to help another team.
Now they've a got team that would just love pay them back.
0 Replies

loislane17

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 02:16 pm
Heevan and George--rofl on Adam. What a loser weiner! Enough.

And I think the Yield will come back to haunt them bigtime...like why would you help out Spawn of the Devil and Screaming Woman anyway?? Did Rebecca think that they were closer and they had nothing to fear anyway? At any rate, once the word is out on them, whenever that final yield pops up, they better hope they're enough ahead not to be victims.

Adam had his post freakout from having nearly lost them the race this time. Going all the way into the village. At least he got over this one fairly quickly. I keep waiting for him to stamp his foot and cry.

It seems like everyone is losing rounds now because of what I'm assuming is exhaustion. They aren't reading the instructions all the way through; Lori and Bolo have been the worst, Adam lost all the ground they gained from the Yield and for J&V it was curtains because of the single donkey. Sloppy mistakes that could have been avoided.

And can anyone explain why they all thought shovelling hunks of mud, transporting it and slabbing it onto the side of a building would be easier than carrying a lightweight roof? Especially Lori and Bolo--thought they could have flown by with that.

Finally, I'm sure the Ethiopians breathed a collective sigh of relief because Kendra didn't completely hate their country. I really can't stand that woman and her provincial lack of understanding regarding, well anything!!

Still, it is fun to watch because of the incredible locations. That St. George church in Addis Ababa in the ground was fascinating!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 05:54 pm
Quote:
Good riddance to both of them.

Cannot agree more!!
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 07:48 pm
Well, I can't believe they hugged at the end... I mean I thought they were going to go at it again.

Well, now the only team not fighting is Kris and Jon, the others have issues.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 04:06 am
I assume that some editing choices provided us with a view of Victoria that made her seem almost as unpleasant as her husband. Glad they're gone. Yuck to both of them.

I, too, was waiting for Kendra to make some horrible remark about the locals. She seemed to like this group.

I like Haydn and Aaron--the couple that arrived first.
0 Replies

loislane17

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 06:16 pm
Ray wrote:
Well, now the only team not fighting is Kris and Jon, the others have issues.

Ray, agree totally! They're the only ones who have never dissed or gone after the other.

I guess, to be fair, we have to acknowledge the stress these folks are under and the lack of sleep...heck I don't care. I still like this couple best.
Hayden and Aaron are allright--but they were really cruel to the New York gals giving them wrong directions, and they're at each other--mostly Hayden--a lot. Loved Aaron's comment about herding the ass and indicating Hayden--he's gonna pay for that! Laughing

Anyway, Lori and Bolo are fun comic relief if they're not yelling--my thought is next to go will be horn head boy and Rebecca. Everyone's gonna be gunning for them!
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 11:47 pm
They're taking the race far too seriously is what I think.

Quote:
Loved Aaron's comment about herding the ass and indicating Hayden--he's gonna pay for that!

lol yeah. She did have episodes of road rage or 'race rage' Rolling Eyes so I could see how Aaron's a bit frustrated with her, but yeah I sorta like them too, I mean compared to the others except Kris and Jon.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 12:37 am
Kris and Jon number one, Hayden and Aaron number 2.

Poor Lori and Bolo, they could've been ahead of Adam and Rebecca.
The next episode doesn't look good for Kris and Jon.
0 Replies

loislane17

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 06:20 pm
Well, we're down to four teams, so hopefully next one isn't an elimination round! Here's hoping Kris and Jon power ahead to win over the remaining group.

A breath of fresh air and sanity. I do--gulp--kinda miss Lori and Bolo. But they wouldn't read those instructions. The last groups going out didn't:
Ick one and ick two (J & V) didn't remember how many asses to bring (lol) and now Lori and Bolo! I felt for her going up those steps!
0 Replies

sophie99

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 07:56 am
Well, still at four teams...Kris & Jon are still the least offensive.

Did anyone else hear the Dr. Phil promo for his prime-time special? I think I heard that the "spawn of the devil" and his dear wife Victoria are going to be on it...for "counseling"?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:39 am
This is one of those cases in which I don't much care who wins. I'm more interested in who doesn't. Don't like Kendra.

Yes, Sophie, I've seen the promos. Jonathan and Victoria on Dr. Phil discussing their relationship. I saw a promo last night in which Dr. Phil asks Jonathan if he really is that much of a jerk (or words to that effect).
0 Replies

loislane17

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 12:07 pm
Well, Adam and Rebecca knew it would come back to bite them and blam, it sure did. If they hadn't been yielded, they might have beaten Kris and Jon so thank god they were. Of course, we have no idea how close they really came in! Ah the miracle of editing.

Yea, I saw the promo too! Hilarious. I don't think I ever want to see that guy again! Or for that matter, that woman.

Well, I'm still in favor of Kris and Jon--want them to win. Hayden and Kendra should be a team, so I could just trash them and Freddy and Aaron are nicer.
0 Replies

sophie99

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 12:42 pm
Yeah, Jonathan's 15 minutes of fame has overextended itself, but may tune in for kicks anyway.

I was thinking last night that Adam & Hayden would be a good fit....whiners unite!
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 04:37 pm
I think it's going to be tough for them to beg for money in China.
0 Replies

loislane17

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 05:50 pm
Ray, I think that is sooo true. There weren't that many people who really understood them and besides, I dont' know what the cultural implications are of that kind of behavior! They'd best find someone who can tell them Fast.
0 Replies