The Amazing Race is back!

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 08:04 pm
Woohoo. Some of my friends on another board (local town) saw Brandon at our mall today. That was exciting for me to hear.

They said he looked so much better in person and it's easy to see where the appeal is. However, she did say he is still goofy.

Those who know him all say he is an unbelieveable guy and NOT as cheesy as they "Edit" him to be.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:20 am
I think he is cool. I don't think he is goofy.
0 Replies

G-Force

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 03:54 pm
Adios Twins!
Hi - I'm new to this message board, but I had to put in my two cents about The Amazing Race - possibly the GREATEST show on TV right now.

Bowling Moms - from time to time I like them - then Linda starts squealing about something and I have to turn the channel until she's gone

Chip and Kim - can't say anything bad about them - they are the most solid team on the show

Brandon and Nicole - for a couple of Bible-thumpers, they have no idea about religion - Vanity is a deadly sin (re: the head shaving episode) and that whole crap about God wanting them to stay in the race is garbage as God as no interest in making sure they win the money in the end - they really irritate me!!

Colin and Christy - sigh - not much can be said about this ridiculous couple - he is so verbally abusive it's painful to watch and she must have terribly low self-esteem to stay with this jerk!! How on earth could he act like that on television?

The TWINS - thank GOD they're gone!!! They drove me NUTS the whole time they were on the show.

Whew - thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now. Love the show!!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 04:45 pm
you are welcome
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 07:06 pm
Re: Adios Twins!
G-Force! wrote:

Brandon and Nicole - for a couple of Bible-thumpers, they have no idea about religion - Vanity is a deadly sin (re: the head shaving episode) and that whole crap about God wanting them to stay in the race is garbage as God as no interest in making sure they win the money in the end - they really irritate me!!

They are MODELS. How hard is that to grasp?
0 Replies

G-Force

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:28 pm
BlueMonkey wrote:
G-Force! wrote:

Not hard to grasp at all - however, they claim to be Christians above all else, and as I stated, vanity is a deadly sin - so shouldn't they be more concerned about their souls roasting in hell due to all the sinning they're doing than their stupid modelling career? That's all I was trying to say.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:30 pm
vanity, humility, and pride are tough ones!

deadly sin - na but they might get a little less in the end.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 06:49 am
Doh! I can't believe it. Colin & Christie are still in it. I feel sorry for Chip & Kim because I think Colin is gunning for them now - pity Chip didn't let one of the others get to the yield first since they all agreed they would yield Colin & Christie.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:28 am
Oh no. Why did Chip push in front of the mom's and Brandon to get the yield first. I'd rather the revenge go to someone else.

Stupid Colin and Christie honestly think no one else would have done this and/or that this was out of "spite." Granted, ALL the teams said they'd use it on them because they hate them, BUT this is part of the game. The host even said at the end of the last leg of the race that people are STUPID not to use it.

So what? You're not supposed to increase your odds and just hope you're 10 minutes faster than another team when the yield is an option/part of the game/not cheating.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 12:41 pm
G-Force! wrote:
BlueMonkey wrote:
G-Force! wrote:

Not hard to grasp at all - however, they claim to be Christians above all else, and as I stated, vanity is a deadly sin - so shouldn't they be more concerned about their souls roasting in hell due to all the sinning they're doing than their stupid modelling career? That's all I was trying to say.

Hair = Money.

Race = might get money.

You don't get it.

And no one is perfect so don't get on a high horse about what they should act like. I bet you don't act the way you are supose to if we filmed you at the time.
0 Replies

G-Force

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 08:08 pm
Chill!
Hair = Money.

Race = might get money.

You don't get it.

And no one is perfect so don't get on a high horse about what they should act like. I bet you don't act the way you are supose to if we filmed you at the time.[/quote]

I'm not an idiot Monkey. I do "get" it...I was merely trying to clarify the point. Never mind. Just chill out. This website is supposed to be for fun, not to make snarky comments at other users. But of course, that's just my opinion. Forgive me though...I might not "get" it. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 10:05 am
Who will take it home tonight?! YAY for good tv.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 11:40 am
Re: Chill!
G-Force! wrote:

I'm not an idiot Monkey. I do "get" it...I was merely trying to clarify the point. Never mind. Just chill out. This website is supposed to be for fun, not to make snarky comments at other users. But of course, that's just my opinion. Forgive me though...I might not "get" it. Rolling Eyes

I didn't call you an idiot. Though if you ask nicely I can.

Not everyone is perfect like you. That's the way it came off as if they had to be perfect for tv just to make you like them.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 11:41 am
Joahaeyo wrote:
Who will take it home tonight?! YAY for good tv.

The models will pray and then they'll win.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 03:35 pm
I laughed. Laughing
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 09:04 pm
Awesome race. Sad to see it end.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 11:08 pm
G-Force! wrote:
Bowling Moms - from time to time I like them - then Linda starts squealing about something and I have to turn the channel until she's gone

Chip and Kim - can't say anything bad about them - they are the most solid team on the show

Colin and Christy - sigh - not much can be said about this ridiculous couple - he is so verbally abusive it's painful to watch and she must have terribly low self-esteem to stay with this jerk!! How on earth could he act like that on television? . . .

Hi G-Force: I agree with most of your comments about the teams. I also agree with your assessment of Brandon and Nicole. Perhaps it was due to the editing, but they didn't come across as practicing what they preached.

During the last leg, the teams had a choice between ride or slide. Brandon chose slide, but all the way to the slide detour, Nicole cried and complained that she wanted to "ride" instead. Brandon conceded to her whining and what happened? She had an emotional melt-down and threw fits at the ride detour. Ultimately, they had to go back to the slide detour option.

After they finished the slide detour, Nicole had the gall to ask why they chose the "ride" detour in the first place and later in the taxi, she placed the blame on Brandon. Thank "GOD" for poor Brandon that the Amazing Race production team captured the scene where Nicole was the one who insisted on doing the ride in the first place when Brandon wanted to do the slide.

Colin and Christy were smart racers, but they allowed their emotions to control them. They raged either at each other or at others, demonstrated poor coping skills, and had major melt-downs. At times, they were so hateful, vindictive, and obnoxious that it was painful to watch. I'm glad they did not win.

I was happy to see Chip and Kim win the race. Again, maybe it was the editing and we weren't allowed to see any major Team melt-downs or truly bad behavior, but from what we were shown on each episode--Chip and Kim always came across as loving and supportive to each other and genuinely helpful to the other teams (even to their own detriment). They were always portrayed with amazingly good attitudes. Near the end, Chip and Kim finally played for themselves TO WIN and kept whatever strategically valuable information they obtained to themselves. GOOD FOR THEM!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 01:44 am
It was bound to happen eventually. Someone I hoped would win actually won.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 05:03 am
^^^

that's what I was thinking.

Wasn't the next one supposed to start in a month? I heard that, but then heard it was pulled for another date?

This is easily growing to be the best reality show (this year).

Anyone notice Colin not shake Chip's hand? Still handled it better than I had hoped. I about spit up a few organs when I listened to his girlfriend say, "He's the one." I've always defended her, but how could she put up with someone so verbally abusive? He's a ticking time bomb.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 09:23 am
Delighted with the ending.

Chip and Kim deserved to win and I don't think them being a little bit self-serving at the end and "playing the game" was a bad thing. Colin and Christie railed against Chip for yielding them (get over it). Isn't it amazing how some people who have no scruples themselves get mad at others for doing the very thing that they themselves would have done or worse? I have no doubt that Colin (if he needed to) would have done exactly the same to Chip & Kim if they were hot on his heels and every second counted, and then he would argue that it was the game and he was doing nothing wrong.

Hmm, methinks the pot calling the kettle ...

I laughed out loud at Nicole whining and crying on the last leg. This has to be the most she has irritated me - Brandon deserved sainthood for not giving her a boot in the ass.

All that said, I know that I would never do a show like this because I can't even stand myself off video never mind being caught on camera for all the stupid actions, things and moods that would be caught and viewed by all. I know I'm a jackass, don't need to be reminded of it.
0 Replies