The Amazing Race is back!

loislane17

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 06:36 pm
I am totally hoping that the annoying Ray and Deanna get the ax next! PLEASE someone spare me from the whiner and the nagger. Ray being beat out by the old couple would be supremely just!!

Patrick was just so much of a fatalist, I was really tired of him, but Ray's got to go! Twisted Evil

Of the folks left, the black couple, the gay boys (when they're not whining about Rob & Amber and the POW guy and his wife are my favorites. But I think Rob and Amber will survive until late in the game--he especially knows how to develop strategies that work for him. Second time at number 1.

Next week's 2 hour special will probably feature the first non-elimination round. I wonder how many weeks until the next yield?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 09:12 am
I agree with you lois. Ray annoys the snot out of me. He sits and yells at his girlfriend, but yet you don’t see him stepping up and doing anything. Notice that toward the end, he actually started giving his girlfriend some positive reinforcement and volia – she then succeeded. I think he is afraid of failure and that is why he has her do most of the hard stuff. That way he has some one else to blame when they don’t win.

My favorites are the black couple – see how they feed positively off each other, The POW/Pageant Queen couple and Rob and Amber – Rob is very crafty. I find the gay guys amusing, but sometimes they annoy me when they get whiny. Also their obsession and hatred of Rob and Amber just reeks of pettiness.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 08:35 am
So the brothers are gone, and the old couple is hanging in. Amazing.

Prom Queen/POW have emerged as the bickerers now that Ray and Deanna are gone. Whoda thunk?

It galls me to think that Rob and Amber might win. They are very strong, play smart, and don't snipe at each other. Yuck.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 09:04 am
I liked the brothers' final fashion statement!
They went out in style.

Meredith and Gretchen are still in it, though I'm beginning to
wonder how they even navigate through the supermarket.

How about Uchenna and Joyce handing the "carry it" option?
Very impressive.

Kelly is becoming a bigger pain in the butt all the time.

Great shots of African wildife! I'd love to take a safari.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 09:28 am
Rob and Amber crack me up.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 09:39 am
Yeah, Rob is the ultimate gamesman.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 12:19 pm
Even though many people do not like Rob and Amber - they work together, they are clever and they play to win - even if that means having no friends (except each other). Are they there to make friends or to win? I also like Uchenna and Joyce as they also work together. I was so glad for them when they did not lose their spot as a result of their error.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 11:29 pm
Rob and Amber are my favorites. They like each other, they think smart, and they work well together as a team. They are truly made for each other! Smile They certainly have the ability to win the race and claim ANOTHER million bucks.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 12:48 am
They have help from fans. Quite Frankly, I think they'll go far, but I'm a bit annoyed by them.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 09:29 am
I'm also sure the network plays up their "mean" side for ratings. Who knows if any of the other teams say or do things just as sneaky. I am sure they are playing up the love to hate them aspect.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 09:39 am
I think you're right, Linkat.
Funny how the beauty queen seemed to get nastier after Ray & Deanna
were eliminated.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 09:46 am
You know, if we did not know Rob and Amber from Survivor, we would be impressed as heck how well they are doing. The fact that we already know them colors our perception of their behavior and abilities. Yes Rob is a tad sneaky and most people should have stopped when they passed by a car accident but their antics are not really all that bad. They get a good chuckle from how disliked by the others they are and I am most impressed with how they get along together and surprised to find that I had my doubts they were really in love. I thought it might have been a publicity stunt and it would be over shortly after Survivor ......... but I guess not.
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:12 pm
Can someone tell about the episode where they were in Argentina and then left for South Africa? and how did they get there and who wasted the most time?
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 01:21 am
Yeah, you're right Linkat.

It seems like they're putting the spotlights on other people now. I still don't like Rob and Amber's style (and comments) though.

BTW, did you guys notice the Army guy always comparing things to Baghdad...
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 01:57 pm
Ray wrote:

BTW, did you guys notice the Army guy always comparing things to Baghdad...

I don't really have a problem if he does compare things to Baghdad or even the issue.

What really bothers me is his attitude towards his wife. So much for the Army life and he can't even respect his own wife. Mad
I would say his comments that he tells his wife gives all military people a bad name.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 02:50 pm
How about the fiancé telling her soon to be husband that he is nothing but a white trash red neck? That sounded pretty harsh to me especially for a southern beauty queen. I thought they were supposed to have better manners than that. But I guess if you put some one in a high stress situation you never know how they are going to react.
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 02:51 pm
Linkat wrote:
How about the fiancé telling her soon to be husband that he is nothing but a white trash red neck? That sounded pretty harsh to me especially for a southern beauty queen. I thought they were supposed to have better manners than that. But I guess if you put some one in a high stress situation you never know how they are going to react.

I don't know...I don't really care.
I truly believe that a male, especially a so-called Marine like him should've set the rules of respect. It seems like there's no respect which is the biggest irony in here. Instead of him firing back at his wife, he should talk to her about her behaviour. But no, the first thing he does is open his big mouth like a little kid. I'll tell you one thing for sure, he needs to get his butt back to Iraq so we can end this war ASAP, that should teach him a lesson. He's the one who should be setting the example. End of storey.
I don't know....I think it's best if they just get eliminated and save themselves the embarrassment and frustration.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 02:59 pm
I don't think this respect issue is whether you are male or female, however a couple should have mutual respect for one another. Although I can understand what you say about him being a marine. Seeing my husband is a former marine and I have a brother who is - I understand about how they are taught and ingrained in them to have a certain conduct of respect.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 03:33 pm
Did anyone else love what happened - shaving your head?! I felt so bad for Joyce, but honestly I thought she looked fine bald. I would look horrible. One thing I did notice that they didn't show what the first place team (Uchenna and Joyce) won - did they win anything? They certainly did derserve it.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:46 pm
Sometimes they don't win something for first place...or they arent showing us that in this seasons run (I would think they would however if a prize was given~ for the advertising alone)
I thought they definately deserved something, I too felt her pain as her hair was cut but, she is a very lovely looking bald woman...I would hope to look half as good.
Rob makes me crazy...I laugh at his antics then I cringe at what people must think of Bostonians. Some of the things his does are over the line though so, I dont think even if I didnt already have some idea of his ways I would like him. Although I do like him at times. Its odd really.
I was very happy for the older couple...they've just been good people and worked so very hard that I'm almost rooting for them even though I dont think they'll make it.
The Beauty Queen and the POW....bad bad bad coupling. And the previews for next week dont show them getting any better. Sad.
0 Replies