The Amazing Race is back!

Ray

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 01:02 am
I don't know what to say.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 01:04 am
Oh my the ending - I'm disappointed but the coming season is going to be a blast!!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 04:23 am
Very disappointing. It's my sincere hope that in her 15 minutes of fame following the show, Kendra is asked (again and again) in interviews about her "breeding" remark. A vile statement.

I'm hoping that the next season (in a few weeks?) goes less for outsized and controversial personalities and more for interesting and diverse people. I understand that a few annoying types are necessary to keep things interesting, but there were far too many this time.
0 Replies

loislane17

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 05:17 pm
Roberta, and the rest of a2k'ers who were grossed out by the Freddy (actually, it was pretty much about) Kendra win--I'm there. Crying or Very sad
I hope she watched the show and had enough brains to realize she was being horrific. but I doubt it.

I was so hoping for Kris and Jon--truly nice people who were always gracious. It's hard for me to believe that after that experience that Aaron asked Hayden to marry him. That could be one scary relationship!

Well, at least it wasn't hellboy and Rebecca.

Interesting how that last thing with the keys and locks was so random. It was totally up to chance--kind of like the hay bales that had to be unrolled from last year. You could end up just trying for hours and achieve nothing or you could walk up and get it in 5 minutes. It's kind of sad that such a random exercise was the last moment for the 4th team, but I guess they through something like that in to really test them. whew. I don't know how I'd have fared, especially after the day they'd had...

Next one looks interesting and I hear that 8 is going to be for 4 people in a self described family. That might be too big and bizarre. Or really big fun.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 05:41 am
Lois, I too thought that Kris and Jon were truly nice people. I too was horrified that Aaron proposed. And I too thought that the randomness of the key thing was almost unfair. After working so hard and going through so much, you just had to be lucky.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 10:51 am
Rob and Amber from Survivor in the next season
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 11:13 am
Gag
0 Replies

loislane17

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 12:29 pm
And if you go to the website, you'll see the Paris Hilton wannabe girls. They're vewy vewy scawey! Shocked

Ex-Survivor already won a million types; old couple; couple of color; parent/child combo; best friends 1; best friends 2; long distance daters; gay couple; dingy types--wonder who will be the team that yells at each other?
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 04:50 am
OHH MY GOD. I LOVE THE AMAZING RACE.
My best friend applied to be on the show, but they might call him for the next season. It's more likely that I'll be on the next "Amazing Race" I hope my dream comes true.
I don't know if I should bring my cousin or my best friend, I don't know yet.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:11 am
I somehow missed the first episode. Tuned in last night for the second show. Rob is making me sick. The old couple doesn't stand a chance. The mother and son are highly doubtful as well.

Why would people decide to shop rather than schlep when shopping requires money and they didn't have any? Not thinking.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 11:21 am
I missed it last night - went out drinking instead. What happened? I wish there were repeats so I could catch up.
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 07:58 pm
Last night the team had to shoe shine....I don't know for how many people...I think 50 people.
From there, they were given a clue to travel from Cuzco, peru to Santiago, Chile. Some teams were delayed for over 45 min. because they had to travel out of Argentina, then Chile because the other flights were closed. After, they had to go to a book store and deliver over 150 books to a nearby library. When finished, they went to the local market to buy a big ol' fish, onions, and something else. Some teams didn't have money like the old couple so they got everything for free.
When that was done, they had to race to the pit stop at the St. mary's statue where one team was going to be eliminated. Unfortunately, the cute blondes, Heidi and Amber, were eliminated. I was rooting for them.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 09:25 am
Thanks DoL!
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 01:12 am
I'm rooting for the other group of women, blondes I think. They seem nice and cool enough.

*spoiler*

Rob and Amber (?) are going to steal their taxis next week though.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 04:38 am
Four pounds of food!!! I'm amazed anyone was able to down that mountain of meat.

I'm begrudgingly confessing that Rob is very resourceful.

I doubt that the mother and son will be around much longer. She has no sense of direction at all.
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 10:39 am
Ray wrote:
I'm rooting for the other group of women, blondes I think. They seem nice and cool enough.

*spoiler*

Rob and Amber (?) are going to steal their taxis next week though.

why do the pretty people always get voted off. The other group of women were voted off last night. I almost cried Crying or Very sad
Those sneaky gay guys were first place Mad
They disgust me. I'm sorry if I offend others in here, But they're just horrible. I hope they fall from a plane in Argentina, or fall from a tree, or get eaten by a shark. Smile
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 10:43 am
Roberta wrote:
Four pounds of food!!! I'm amazed anyone was able to down that mountain of meat.

I'm begrudgingly confessing that Rob is very resourceful.

I doubt that the mother and son will be around much longer. She has no sense of direction at all.

The gay guy had no problem getting that God knows what. That doesn't surprise me, since all they do is swallow.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 10:59 am
I didn’t think they voted off anyone on the Amazing Race. I thought it was whoever came in last place that was kicked off.

I actually find the two gay guys quite amusing. They are kind of fun to watch.

I heard an interview with the host of Survivor and he thought Rob and Amber had a great chance of winning because Rob is so crafty. He definitely is a smart guy and can think on his feet. It gives him a definite advantage. In this sort of competition it does not necessarily pay to be nice.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 10:21 am
Linkat, I'm with you about the gay guys. They are amusing. Rob is crafty and resourceful. I'd like him more if he'd stop being nasty.

I don't understand why people are so cut-throat over an hour or two. By now it should be obvious that the race is designed with great equalizers. A six-hour advantage can evaporate in an instant as everyone gathers to wait for something to open.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 04:31 pm
So the mother and son are gone. Can't say I'm sorry to see them go. Will the old couple be next?
0 Replies