The Case For Biden

Region Philbis

Fri 16 Oct, 2020 03:37 am

'End this nightmare'
Rudy Giuliani's daughter urges Americans to vote for Joe Biden

While President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani campaigns for his boss' reelection,
his daughter Caroline is rallying behind former Vice President Joe Biden.

The Vanity Fair piece comes after Giuliani had publicly shared her support for the Biden-Harris ticket on
Twitter in August. In her social media bio, she calls herself a "LIBERAL, obviously..."

Vanity Fair
Region Philbis

Fri 16 Oct, 2020 12:04 pm

Biden wins town hall ratings war Very Happy

Biden's town hall on ABC averaged 13.9 million viewers on Thursday night, easily surpassing
the Nielsen ratings for Trump's on NBC. That alone was a result virtually no one in the TV
business expected. And that's not even the most surprising part.

The Trump town hall was simulcast by two of NBC's cable channels, MSNBC and CNBC, but
even when those channels are included in the total, Biden -- on only one network --
still prevailed.

The Trump town hall averaged 10.6 million viewers on the NBC broadcast network. On MSNBC,
Trump reached 1.74 million viewers, and on CNBC, about 671,000 viewers. So Trump's gross
audience across the three channels was 13 million, about one million fewer than Biden's
audience on ABC alone...
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 16 Oct, 2020 04:36 pm
@Region Philbis,
Vanity Fair wrote:
'End this nightmare'
Rudy Giuliani's daughter urges Americans to vote for Joe Biden

If progressives want my vote they need to stop violating people's civil liberties for no reason.

Progressives also might want to stop thinking of it as a nightmare when people disagree with them.
MontereyJack

Fri 16 Oct, 2020 09:27 pm
@oralloy,
Nobody particularly cares enough about your vote to kowtow to your absurd principles. and you have no coattails.
oralloy

Fri 16 Oct, 2020 09:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
Only a progressive would think that civil liberties are an absurd principle.

If progressives don't care about my vote then they should quit asking me to vote for them.
snood

Fri 16 Oct, 2020 10:32 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

It's a shame that Joe Biden hates our freedom and enjoys violating people's civil liberties for no reason.

Mr. Trump is better on actual policy, and that's what counts.

Really? Tell me what he’s said are his policy priorities for his next term.
MontereyJack

Fri 16 Oct, 2020 10:38 pm
@oralloy,
blather me no blather about pretend violations of civil liberties when you don't give a **** about fatal violations by the thousands of americans' civil rights.
oralloy

Sat 17 Oct, 2020 10:24 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
Really? Tell me what he's said are his policy priorities for his next term.

I've no idea what he's said. I'm not paying much attention to politics.

However, I am confident that if he is reelected he will continue to prevent progressives from violating people's civil liberties.

I am also confident that he will continue to appoint judges who will prevent progressives from violating people's civil liberties.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 17 Oct, 2020 10:25 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
blather me no blather about pretend violations of civil liberties

Only a progressive would say that civil liberties are pretend.

This is why Mr. Trump is such a great president. He protects people from progressives.

MontereyJack wrote:
when you don't give a **** about fatal violations by the thousands of americans' civil rights.

Spare me your silly virtue signaling. Pistol grips do not cost any lives, and your efforts to outlaw pistol grips have nothing to do with trying to save any lives.
MontereyJack

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 11:04 pm
@oralloy,
No one is trying to outlaw pistol grips, despite your silly fixation with them. weapons, yes, pistol grips no.
oralloy

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 01:30 am
@MontereyJack,
Your word games are sophistry.

"Banning a weapon whenever it has a pistol grip on it" is "banning pistol grips on that weapon."
MontereyJack

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 02:43 am
@oralloy,
You are the sophist. Banning a weapon is banning a weapon.
farmerman

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 04:08 am
@MontereyJack,
He would actually be a sophister. He learned a new word a few weeks ago nd now hes trying to install-it into his working vocabulary by brute force.

Mr Ollie Go-Lightly
oralloy

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 06:17 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
He learned a new word a few weeks ago

I'm not stupid like you are. I learned the English language a long time ago.
oralloy

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 06:19 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
You are the sophist.

You cannot provide any examples of sophistry on my part.

MontereyJack wrote:
Banning a weapon is banning a weapon.

Your sophistic word games are silly. "Banning a gun when it has pistol grips on it" is "banning pistol grips on that gun."
MontereyJack

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 07:39 am
@oralloy,
Your entire argument about pistol grips is sophistry of the most unmitigated sort. it has always been pure nonsense. The weapons are the means for murderous denials of american civil rights, not the grips. the essentially unrestricted weapons whose proliferatioin you vociferously defend are the means to violate constitutional rights, not the grips.
oralloy

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 03:34 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Your entire argument about pistol grips is sophistry of the most unmitigated sort.

"That you cannot provide any justification for outlawing pistol grips" is a fact, and there is no sophistry in pointing out this fact.

MontereyJack wrote:
it has always been pure nonsense.

"That you cannot provide any justification for outlawing pistol grips" is a fact.

While progressives do have a very strong dislike for facts, facts are not nonsense.

MontereyJack wrote:
The weapons are the means for murderous denials of american civil rights,

Adding a pistol grip to a weapon causes no murder and denies no rights.

MontereyJack wrote:
not the grips.

"Outlawing a weapon whenever a pistol grip is added to it" is the same thing as "outlawing pistol grips on that kind of weapon."

MontereyJack wrote:
the essentially unrestricted weapons whose proliferation you vociferously defend are the means to violate constitutional rights,

Having a pistol grip on a gun violates no constitutional rights.

The only violations of constitutional rights here are your attempts to outlaw pistol grips.

MontereyJack wrote:
not the grips.

"Outlawing a weapon whenever a pistol grip is added to it" is the same thing as "outlawing pistol grips on that kind of weapon."
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 03:59 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

farmerman wrote:
He learned a new word a few weeks ago

I'm not stupid like you are. I learned the English language a long time ago.

Gasp, you just used a childish name calling thing at FM!!!
oralloy

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 04:15 pm
@glitterbag,
That is justified retaliation for the childish name-calling that he directed at me.

It's much the same as when I retaliate against your childish name-calling.
izzythepush

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 04:49 pm
@glitterbag,
He really is such a ploppy poo.

He should be grown up like the rest of us.