bobsal u1553115

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 06:38 pm
@farmerman,
Now that would make a great poster.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 06:39 pm
@snood,
Because Donnie uses 'em now that he's scared.
snood

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 06:44 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Because Donnie uses 'em now that he's scared.

Teleprompters? Oh, Cheetolini has used ‘em all from time to time, all along.

They don’t let little things like the hypocrisy of mocking other’s use of them stop them.

Just like their guy has gaffes, flubs, and goofs all the time, but they point their crooked little fingers at Biden.
0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 07:57 am
The Finance 202: Joe Biden's tax plan would barely dent growth, conservative group finds

Quote:
Investors so far aren’t sweating the specter of a corporate tax hike.

Goldman Sachs, for example, has estimated Biden’s tax plan would cut 12 percent from the earnings per share of the S&P 500 next year. Yet the firm’s economists say a Democratic sweep on election day would prompt them to upgrade their forecasts.
snood

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:29 am
@revelette1,
There is the definite possibility that a Democratic sweep would put a lot of progressives in a position to influence Biden to modify his tax policies, so there’s that.
izzythepush

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:56 am
@snood,
There was a political commentator on the Today programme today. He said that it’s not the most progressive presidents that pass the most progressive legislation. He cited Lyndon Johnson as a prime example.

Johnson had a situation where the Democrats had all three, presidency, senate and congress, and that’s what it takes. Johnson listened to the progressives voices in congress and the senate.
revelette1

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 09:07 am
If what we have read about or heard on the news is any indication, there will be untold democrat voter intimidation, tricks and if all fails, the US supreme court with the current whats her name making it a grand slam in Trump's favor. I pray I am wrong, literally.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 09:09 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

There was a political commentator on the Today programme today. He said that it’s not the most progressive presidents that pass the most progressive legislation. He cited Lyndon Johnson as a prime example.

Johnson had a situation where the Democrats had all three, presidency, senate and congress, and that’s what it takes. Johnson listened to the progressives voices in congress and the senate.

So... you’re reiterating my point.
maxdancona

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 09:58 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

It is very likely that the Democrats will have all three next year. Strangely enough.. that never would have happened had Hillary won in 2016. Maybe Trump will end up being good for progressives in the long term.
izzythepush

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 10:38 am
@snood,
Not me, the man on the radio.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Thu 15 Oct, 2020 08:14 am

Harris travel halted after two people on campaign test positive

Joe Biden's campaign is halting the travel of his running mate, California Sen. Kamala Harris,
through this weekend after two people -- a flight crew member and Harris' communications
director, Liz Allen -- tested positive for coronavirus.

Harris was not in what the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention define as close
contact with either person, Biden campaign manager Jen O'Malley Dillon said in a statement.
Still, Harris' planned trip to North Carolina on Thursday was scrapped, and she will remain
off the road until Monday, she said.

"Neither of these people have had contact with Vice President Biden, Senator Harris or any
other staffers since testing positive or in the 48 hours prior to their positive test results,"
O'Malley Dillon said...
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 15 Oct, 2020 08:23 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Strangely enough.. that never would have happened had Hillary won in 2016.

By my recollection the Senate predictions last time were quite a bit like the Senate predictions this time.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/senate/
maxdancona

Thu 15 Oct, 2020 08:51 am
@oralloy,
It was a coin flip then. It is a coin flip now. With your great intelligence you must understand that you can't use the result of one coin flip to predict the result of another.

What is your point?
oralloy

Thu 15 Oct, 2020 08:56 am
@maxdancona,
When I see an untrue claim I just have an urge to point out that it isn't true, that's all.
maxdancona

Thu 15 Oct, 2020 09:01 am
@oralloy,
I don't think you understood my post, Oralloy. Go read it again... and if you need I will explain it to you in more simple terms.
oralloy

Thu 15 Oct, 2020 09:07 am
@maxdancona,
You'd be better off if you always assume that I completely understand everything. Such an assumption will almost always be correct.

If I do fail to understand something I will ask for clarification.
RABEL222

Thu 15 Oct, 2020 06:32 pm
@oralloy,
The only thing you want clarified is your misguided opinion and you are on the wrong site for that.
oralloy

Thu 15 Oct, 2020 06:45 pm
@RABEL222,
No. I already know what my opinion is. I require no clarification on that front.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 16 Oct, 2020 01:06 am
The format Townhall suits Biden. He explained calmly and in detail and - in stark contrast to the first duel - was not constantly interrupted.
His accessibility became particularly clear at the very end: because not all of the questioners had been able to get in, he stayed on the spot to answer their questions - inconceivable that Trump could think of anything similar.

(Trump had hoped to outdo Biden at least with better ratings, but he did himself no favour with this defiant appearance. He seemed stubborn, overwhelmed, slightly exhausted and had nothing new to offer.)
oralloy

Fri 16 Oct, 2020 01:12 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It's a shame that Joe Biden hates our freedom and enjoys violating people's civil liberties for no reason.

Mr. Trump is better on actual policy, and that's what counts.