The Case For Biden

snood

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 02:05 am
@farmerman,
There were several pools running to see how long it would take for IQ45 (my new favorite nickname) to call a woman he is scared of “nasty”. It was only a couple hours. And he even added a second ‘nasty’ - as in “She’s a nasty, nasty woman.”

The next pool should be - how long before he works “like a dog” into his putrid little rants.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 06:12 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Party Of The Poor And Oppressed Nominates Old, Rich, White Man And Cop

U.S.—The party that claims to represent minorities, the poor, the oppressed, and the marginalized has nominated an old, rich, white man and a cop, sources confirmed Tuesday.

"If you want to fight for oppressed minority groups, you must vote for this rich, old, white man who authored the 1994 crime bill and this corrupt police officer who has made a career out of throwing minorities in jail for non-violent drug crimes," said a DNC spokesperson. "It's the only way to fight the establishment."

According to sources at the DNC, the old white guy you're supposed to vote for, in order to show that you love and respect women, has been accused of inappropriate sexual behavior by several women.

"Several photos circulating on the internet demonstrate proof-positive that Joe Biden loves women and children very much," wrote Snopes, the internet's premiere fact-checkers.

I guess there are people who buy into that nonsense. They should vote for Trump. The sane people should vote for Biden/Harris.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
Region Philbis

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 05:02 pm

Biden sees surge in fundraising following VP announcement

In the four hours after Biden announced Harris as his running mate, ActBlue, his main
fundraising platform, reported more than $10.8 million in donations...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 09:25 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I would expect nothing else from you. Im sure youve got a collection of stuff, predigested and reduced to simple terms, all ready to post.

You can see that Trump is concerned. His attack on Ms Harris was , as usual, bitter, hostile, and incoherent.

Considering the audience, the simpler the better.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
snood

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 03:48 am
Birther sh*t, Marge Simpson, and she was mean to Kavanaugh and Biden.

That’s it. That’s been the Repugnant attack against Kamala Harris so far.

I’m sure they’ll try harder and go lower, but this was sure a weak start.
hightor

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 04:02 am
@snood,
What a sickening spectacle. The RNC doesn't seem to realize how much this scurrilous crap lowers the level of political discourse and insults the electorate.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.johntyman.com%2Farctic%2Fpics%2F377.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

What the hell happened to the Republican Party???

(Answer: Newt Gingrich)
snood

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 04:09 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

What a sickening spectacle. The RNC doesn't seem to realize how much this scurrilous crap lowers the level of political discourse and insults the electorate.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.johntyman.com%2Farctic%2Fpics%2F377.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

What the hell happened to the Republican Party???

(Answer: Newt Gingrich)

Well, my personal opinion is that they haven’t really fallen that far - it’s more like their true nature had been set free by the disgusting growth occupying the White House. The way I see conservatism is that it’s always been racism in a suit and tie, and a fancy rationalization for pure greed.

By the way, what is that a picture of?
hightor

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 04:33 am
@snood,
Quote:
The way I see conservatism is that it’s always been racism in a suit and tie, and a fancy rationalization for pure greed.

You're right, of course — let's not forget George H.W. Bush and Willie Horton. But I still miss the suits, ties, country clubs, and blue-haired women of yore. They were fun to caricature.

Quote:
By the way, what is that a picture of?

It's our current political landscape.
snood

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 04:43 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

You're right, of course — let's not forget George H.W. Bush and Willie Horton. But I still miss the suits, ties, country clubs, and blue-haired women of yore. They were fun to caricature.

I don’t (miss any of it). I think “conservatism” has been a poison and a blight. All the way from the lofty supremacist rhetoric of William Buckley to the guttural, unapologetic indecencies spewed from the likes of Gym Jordan. A poison soaked into the very earth. Clothed in a flag. Decorated with a cross.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 06:04 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Well, my personal opinion is that they haven’t really fallen that far - it’s more like their true nature had been set free by the disgusting growth occupying the White House. The way I see conservatism is that it’s always been racism in a suit and tie, and a fancy rationalization for pure greed.

Amen, Snood.

Although to be fair to the world in general, I almost always use "American conservatism"...to differentiate the disgusting racist, ignorant, greedy pile of dung to which some American subscribe (and call conservatism)...and conservatism as practices in other nations. "Conservatism" is derived from "to conserve"...and in most other countries, that is what is meant when they speak of their nation's "conservatives." In most nations of Europe, for instance, most American conservative would be called fascist pigs...or even Nazis.
snood

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 06:23 am
@Frank Apisa,
I started to say American Conservatism, but then thought about the blight that so-called conservatives are causing everywhere. So I’ll stand by my unqualified “conservatism”.
0 Replies

roger

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 12:40 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I've had the same thought. I hope I'm wrong.
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 12:54 pm
Informed Comment has a very interesting bio on Kamala Harris, perhaps other already know her background, but she comes from interesting people.

Kamala Harris is the America that Trump tried to Stop: the Best of Jamaica and India and born in Oakland
0 Replies

engineer

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 12:54 pm
@snood,
I started another thread about a book written by a long time conservative campaign leader. He came to pretty much the same conclusion, it's not that Republicans are trending racist, it's been so for a long time.
hightor

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 01:14 pm
@engineer,
I think the difference between the conservatives of the '50s and the MAGAtards of today is that old-line conservatism was implicitly racist; as their economic and cultural power wasn't threatened they sought to maintain — conserve — the status quo, which was working well for them. After the civil rights legislation and immigration reform of the Johnson era, African-Americans and non-European immigrants began to claim their rightful place in an integrated society. Over the next thirty years the status quo was being steadily transformed, to the point that "conserving" these values was no longer that desirable for the white racists who then began the reactionary "government is your enemy, burn it all down, starve the beast" line. Their racism became explicit — they began to reject the notion of equality as soon as they realized it would win them votes.
Frank Apisa

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 01:41 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

I think the difference between the conservatives of the '50s and the MAGAtards of today is that old-line conservatism was implicitly racist; as their economic and cultural power wasn't threatened they sought to maintain — conserve — the status quo, which was working well for them. After the civil rights legislation and immigration reform of the Johnson era, African-Americans and non-European immigrants began to claim their rightful place in an integrated society. Over the next thirty years the status quo was being steadily transformed, to the point that "conserving" these values was no longer that desirable for the white racists who then began the reactionary "government is your enemy, burn it all down, starve the beast" line. Their racism became explicit — they began to reject the notion of equality as soon as they realized it would win them votes.

Yup. The last thing in the world American conservatives want to do right now is to "conserve." They want to go back to a day they think was better...where white males dominated society.

That ship has sailed. They have got to come to grips with that fact.
RABEL222

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 01:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I have considered republicans racist since the 70's. but Trump has converted it to a Nazi party. he is trying to rule as a dictator and if reelected will indeed emulate mussolini and Hitler. he is already using government military as brown shirts. he is a very dangerous man that will cause massive problems if reelected.
Frank Apisa

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 02:04 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I have considered republicans racist since the 70's. but Trump has converted it to a Nazi party. he is trying to rule as a dictator and if reelected will indeed emulate mussolini and Hitler. he is already using government military as brown shirts. he is a very dangerous man that will cause massive problems if reelected.

You get a loud AMEN from me on all that, Rabel.