The Case For Biden

Olivier5

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 04:42 am
@snood,
Most, apparently.
snood

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 06:58 am
@Olivier5,
Yeah, you'd need to show receipts for that claim to stick.
Olivier5

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 07:19 am
@snood,
Here you go, sweetie pie. Stick it up where ever you want to.

Quote:
A recent VICE News-Ipsos Poll found that Biden and Sanders were in a statistical tie, with Sanders slightly ahead. In that survey, 56 percent said they would "consider voting" for Sanders, while just 54 percent said they would "consider voting" for Biden. Both politicians were far ahead of any other candidate in the race, with only 39 percent of respondents saying the same about Senator Elizabeth Warren, and just 27 percent saying the same for former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

When it comes to young black voters, a major poll by The Washington Post and Ipsos, conducted from January 2 to 8, showed that black Democrats ages 18 to 34 support Sanders over Biden by a significant margin. Biden only garners 30 percent support from the younger voters, while Sanders takes 42 percent. However, Biden is the clear frontrunner overall in that poll, with 48 percent of black voters saying they back Biden compared to 20 percent for Sanders.

Recent polling by The Wall Street Journal and NBC News also has shown that black millennial voters are showing greater excitement about Sanders than they are for Biden. However, their polling also found that older black voters are strongly behind the former vice president.

Source:
https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-denies-bernie-sanders-leads-him-among-black-voters-under-35-despite-polls-saying-1483193
snood

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 07:51 am
You are absolutely right, as your evidence shows. It appears the young black potential voters are more in Sander's camp than Biden's.

I wouldn't discount the fact that older blacks come to the ballot box in much superior numbers than younger voters, a fact to which this part of your citation refers:

Quote:
Biden only garners 30 percent support from the younger voters, while Sanders takes 42 percent. However, Biden is the clear front runner overall in that poll, with 48 percent of black voters saying they back Biden compared to 20 percent for Sanders.

And, (far be it from me to stray from the classy tone you set, so) I trust you know where you can stick that.
0 Replies

revelette3

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 11:00 am
@Olivier5,
I am not sure when you turned so nasty, it doesn't suit you in the least. If this is what happens with folks when the caught up in something, it is not pretty.
Olivier5

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 11:06 am
@revelette3,
It's two to tango, rev. Snood has a history of being very rude with me on this site, so I tend to be rude to him.
snood

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 11:13 am
@Olivier5,
But when I post a reply to you that doesn’t contribute to the rancor, you didn’t seem to want to let it go. It takes two to tango, but I was attempting to stop dancing.
Tell you what - since I echoed your “stick it” remark, you can take the last shot. Have the last insulting word, as it were.
After that, if you stick to the subject matter and leave aside personal snark, I promise to do the same. Deal?

Olivier5

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 11:19 am
@snood,
Quote:
It takes two to tango, but I was attempting to stop dancing. 

I didn't know that; thought it was an oversight.

Yes, that's a deal.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 12:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

Sorry, did you lose your job?

The funny thing with this is that I have been retired for the last two years or so and I post far less frequently than you with your "civil service" job.

You do so all through the day proving how dedicated you are to the people's business. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The funnier thing is I joined in 2002 and have 22,247 posts and I’ve been retired much longer than you.

You however, joined in 2004 and have 24,681

To be clear, that’s 2, 434 more posts than I have

(I’ll assume you were not suggesting that I was trolling A2K while at work. You must realize that is dereliction of duty, and a grievous form of theft........at that time and still today, social media is not something we had time for and we were discouraged from participating.............................................I live in an area where Federal, State and County employees are the majority. It is not unusual for your neighbors to be Secret Service, FBI, House and Senate Staffers, and employees from my Agency......if we have CIA employees living here we will not know it, those guys don’t talk about their place of employment. Plus it’s a long drive from Annapolis to Langley and the traffic is congested in biblical proportion. )

But yeah, thanks for the ‘what’s funny is’ remark. Congratulations for your superior number of posts.

Wait, did you ever access A2K while you were supposed to be working? I hope not, that would be disappointing.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 03:02 pm
@Olivier5,
Are these the same polls that showed Clinton a sure winner and Trump a sure loser?
0 Replies

jcboy

Thu 25 Jun, 2020 04:33 am
Joe was my LAST pick in the Democratic Primary. That being said, I'm happy to support him under the idea that he has a conscience, sense of morality, good sense of humor and his wife is more than a pin-up model. He is also completely comfortable respecting a black man in a position of authority over himself.

Those alone are good enough reasons for me.
Region Philbis

Thu 25 Jun, 2020 04:39 am
@jcboy,

he is also determined to pick a female veep, hopefully an african american.

and he has made it abundantly clear he has no interest in running again in 2024...
oralloy

Thu 25 Jun, 2020 04:40 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
he has made it abundantly clear he has no interest in running again in 2024...

He has?

If so I don't think I believe him.
0 Replies

jcboy

Thu 25 Jun, 2020 04:56 am
@Region Philbis,
I'm hoping it's Kamala Harris. I’m worried about voting being tampered with in November. I think the nation is at such a tipping point with tRump that the infighting has taken a backseat.

People will vote for Joe, if they can get there or mail in.
0 Replies

jcboy

Tue 11 Aug, 2020 02:31 pm
And it's Kamala! Wonderful she’s who I wanted. Can't wait for her to debate that candy ass Pence! Razz
engineer

Tue 11 Aug, 2020 02:42 pm
@jcboy,
It was always going to be Kamala. Very Happy
jcboy

Tue 11 Aug, 2020 02:43 pm
@engineer,
That was my thought as well Razz
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Tue 11 Aug, 2020 03:24 pm

https://i.imgur.com/69aMqfQ.jpg

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1293295296819220481

0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 11 Aug, 2020 07:11 pm
Party Of The Poor And Oppressed Nominates Old, Rich, White Man And Cop

U.S.—The party that claims to represent minorities, the poor, the oppressed, and the marginalized has nominated an old, rich, white man and a cop, sources confirmed Tuesday.

"If you want to fight for oppressed minority groups, you must vote for this rich, old, white man who authored the 1994 crime bill and this corrupt police officer who has made a career out of throwing minorities in jail for non-violent drug crimes," said a DNC spokesperson. "It's the only way to fight the establishment."

According to sources at the DNC, the old white guy you're supposed to vote for, in order to show that you love and respect women, has been accused of inappropriate sexual behavior by several women.

"Several photos circulating on the internet demonstrate proof-positive that Joe Biden loves women and children very much," wrote Snopes, the internet's premiere fact-checkers.
farmerman

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 12:22 am
@McGentrix,
I would expect nothing else from you. Im sure youve got a collection of stuff, predigested and reduced to simple terms, all ready to post.

You can see that Trump is concerned. His attack on Ms Harris was , as usual, bitter, hostile, and incoherent.