The Case For Biden

Lash

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 04:55 pm
I'm obviously disappointed since the considered opinion predicted Joe pulling from Hillary. Oh well.

Onward and upward. (grin)
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 05:32 pm
@ehBeth,
we will never know. I think its best. HEs an honorable guy and a family guy. He knows that his age is a handicap, his family life would be disrupted at a time (now) that he wants to (probably) devote to a foundation in his sons memory, and he and his wife will help in Beau's family.

I think hes already staked a new place in Delaware for his retirement home. So I dont think that he will miss the whole arena.

Besides, hes too open to be a good campaigner.

0 Replies

snood

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 05:51 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Every day there are new signs that he intends to enter the race

did you miss his announcement earlier today? when he said, no, not running.

Finn is the Bill Kristol of A2K.
parados

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 05:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

It seems that the Hillary Clinton supporters in this forum are basing their opinions on whether or not Biden gets in on their underlying hope that he does not.

That is funny Finn. Perhaps people are basing it on the announcement Biden made earlier today.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/joe-biden-expected-make-statement-white-house-n448586
ehBeth

Wed 21 Oct, 2015 06:02 pm
@snood,
http://www.politicususa.com/2015/10/21/fox-news-flops-inaccurately-reporting-joe-biden-running-president.html
0 Replies

revelette2

Thu 22 Oct, 2015 07:55 am
If we are to take Biden at his words, I see no reason not to, he simply ran out of time while making up his mind. I noticed he did not endorse Hillary and in fact made a point of cautioning candidate against abandoning Obama's legacy and saying he will remain the President's vocal defender which suggest he will still be giving interviews and perhaps going on talk shows to do just that.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 23 Oct, 2015 12:46 pm
@parados,
That is funny

I haven't changed my opinion of why Clinton supporters were predicting his not entering the race, but I was quite obviously fooled by all of the signs he and his camp were giving.

Well, I didn't think Obama had a chance either time, so what do I know?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 23 Oct, 2015 12:47 pm
@snood,
That's quite a compliment, thank you.
Frank Apisa

Fri 23 Oct, 2015 01:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

That's quite a compliment, thank you.

Wow...talk about different perceptions.

I woulda bet big bucks he meant it as a slightly veiled insult.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 23 Oct, 2015 02:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
As the old saying goes "No duh?"

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 23 Oct, 2015 02:35 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
he simply ran out of time while making up his mind.

equals "I dont wanna". It is not a reason.

Quote:
he will remain the President's vocal defender

equals he will continue to defend himself. He has been one of Obama's closest advisors and everyone knows it.
hawkeye10

Fri 23 Oct, 2015 03:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
And another thing: You dont get to Bidens level of success in life without being a good decider. Successful people chart a course reasonably fast and then change it reluctantly. And timing is hugely important in politics, just is in comedy, you dont get to be Joe Biden without a keen awareness of the clock. His reason for not running is a lie, but I dont know yet what the truth is. I guess maybe he could be traumatized or used up so all of his skills left him, but that is very unlikely.
0 Replies

revelette2

Mon 26 Oct, 2015 05:35 am
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Joe Biden says he decided against running for president because he "couldn't win," not because he would have had too little time to get a campaign up and running.

I'll be very blunt. If I thought we could've put together the campaign ... that our supporters deserve and our contributors deserved, ... I would have done it," he said in an interview aired Sunday on CBS's "60 Minutes."

In the wide-ranging interview, in which Biden took questions for a time joined by his wife, Jill, the vice president also said he would not have gotten into the race just to stop Democratic front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton.

"I've said from the beginning, 'Look, I like Hillary. Hillary and I get along together," he said. "The only reason to run is because ... I still think I could do a better job than anybody else could do."

He used the interview to play down suggestions his announcement not to run, made at the White House Wednesday with President Barack Obama standing at his side, included a jab at Clinton.

At the White House event, Biden lamented partisan bickering in Washington politics and said, "I don't think we should look at Republicans as our enemies." Clinton had made a statement to that effect during the Democratic presidential debate earlier this month.

"That wasn't directed at Hillary," Biden told "60 Minutes."

That was a reference to Washington, all of Washington," he said.

The 72-year-old Biden also sought in the interview to dispel recurrent rumors that his late son Beau, who died earlier this year at age 46 of brain cancer, had made a last-minute plea to his father to run for president.

Biden said there was no such "Hollywood moment ... Nothing like that ever, ever happened," he said. "Beau all along thought that I should run and I could win."

"But there was not what was sort of made out as kind of this Hollywood-esque thing that, at the last minute, Beau grabbed my hand and said, 'Dad, you've got to run,' like win one for the Gipper," Biden said.

The vice president did say he wants to continue to have a voice in party affairs and will speak up whenever he wishes. He has not endorsed a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination.

"I will make no bones about that," he said. "I don't want the party walking away from what Barack and I did."

Clinton, Sen. Bernie Sanders and former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley are still in the race.

source
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 26 Oct, 2015 07:23 am
@hawkeye10,
Maybe Hillary offered him Sec of State so he could retire a "statesman".
farmerman

Mon 26 Oct, 2015 09:00 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Delaware is a very tight state . I really think that if Joe doesnt retire afetr his run as Vice pres, he will be come a Senator from Delaware or even the governor.
More likely Senator cause he had a Biden car on the morning Metroliner from Wilmington to DC. He held meetings on the way down.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 26 Oct, 2015 02:24 pm
@farmerman,
He was the Banking and the Insurance industry's best friend - right up there with Clinton and Baucus.

Maybe he'd want to clean up his legacy and go out of the Senate after two terms as the man who broke the Big Banks and Big Insurance.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Mon 26 Oct, 2015 03:26 pm
Let me tell you what: This boy looks like he might want to send his reputation down the shitter at the end of his career like McCain. Now he cont make up his mind why he did not try to become POTUS. Now he looks like he cant manage his people. Now he looks feeble and grasping. Now he looks like a suck up to that not very good politician but good power user (in as in capable) Hillary, now people are remember all of the long ago stuff that caused them to not like him much before he took on is ceremonial/advisor to power duties for Team Obama (and that is not Team America because Washington is a sewer and Obama is an idiot prick). And so on.

He should get out and shut up. He looks like he needs a vacation.
farmerman

Mon 26 Oct, 2015 03:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
someone needs a nap.
snood

Mon 26 Oct, 2015 03:59 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

someone needs a nap.

Lol
bobsal u1553115

Mon 26 Oct, 2015 04:11 pm
Biden could still be everybody's second choice and take the Convention if Sanders and Clinton lock it up long enough. It has happened.

You know, a dark horse.

Would someone look that up for me?
0 Replies