The Case For Biden

parados

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 08:09 am
@Lash,
I found the source..... Read it again. Surely as a teacher you can comprehend it..

Quote:
Officials told the court that they have found 305 messages — about 5.1 percent — that needed to be referred to the security agencies to determine whether they did, in fact, have secret information that needed to be redacted before public release.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 09:30 am
@revelette2,
I am truly shocked how many people who'd vote for Bernie claim tRump is their second choice and visa versa.

Not to insult Lash, but it's probably tRump and I just do not get it.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 09:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
I see it differently, he's still conferring with DNC personalities about it. I think its a better than 50% chance, maybe 2:3, or 3:5.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 09:35 am
@engineer,
Absolutely right. More than enough time for tRump to self destruct along with Cruz. Christie and Scott certainly are about to fall out.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 09:37 am
@parados,
My reading has been less than 100 and all of those were classified long after she sent them.

The e-mails are a useless distraction when her positions on a lot of key issues ruin her for me.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 01:54 pm
Joltin' Joe is feelin the Bern. Love what he's saying.

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/09/07/angry-joe-biden-urges-workers-fight-corporate-barbarians-holding.html
revelette2

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 03:54 pm
@Lash,
He has been for workers for a lot longer than the Bern thing has been going on. It is one of the issues he is known for.
Lash

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 04:03 pm
@revelette2,
Bernie has been for workers since the 60s. Just want you to know that.
revelette2

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 04:27 pm
@Lash,
I did read up him, I informed you of that as well, so yes, I did know that. I said since before the Bern thing, not since before Bernie Sanders been saying it. Not sure how long Biden been around, been a long time and he has always been for workers. You act as though Bernie Sanders has been the only one to have a liberal thought in the world and now if anyone expresses it, well, it must be rubbing off on people.
Lash

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 04:32 pm
@revelette2,
I think I see what you're saying.

I think it's far more significant that Bernie has been pushing this policy for 50 years, and you (if I'm reading you right) think it's more significant that Joe Biden was supporting union members before Bernie ran for president.

OK
revelette2

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 04:38 pm
@Lash,
Why is it far more significant Bernie has been pushing liberal policies for fifty years? Joe Biden has too since he has been in politics. He is a bono fide liberal democrat his whole political life. So he doesn't need to feel the "Bern" to push for unions or any other liberal/progressive idea as you first suggested.
Lash

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 04:45 pm
@revelette2,
I guess the point for most people is I've never heard Biden talking about "workers" and I've been following politics closely for most of my life.

Bernie has been walking in picket lines and supporting unions and workers his entire 50 year public career.

So, it does look like to me that Joe is taking a page out of Bernie's playbook.

Can you find an article written in the last 8 years of Joe's highly public tenure as Veep where he's touted union workers? If you can find one, I'll happily back off of my belief that he hasn't been a backer of unions until now. I haven't heard it, but that doesn't mean I'm right. I'd actually appreciate the new information.
revelette2

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 05:14 pm
@Lash,

Biden: 'Unions Are the Reason We Have the Best Workers in the World'

Joe Biden on Jobs

Biden said it's time to "level the playing field" for unions by passing a bill that would make it easier for workers to organize.

Vice President Biden talks about his love for fast cars in appearance before the United Autoworkers Union

Republicans whine as Obama and Biden rally with workers for Labor Day
Lash

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 05:18 pm
@revelette2,
Nice stuff, thanks.

Another good thing to know about Joe.
hawkeye10

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 05:24 pm
@Lash,
Unlike Hillary most Americans have not seen enough of Joe or taken him seriously enough for him to be typecasted, with the exceptions that he loves foreign policy and he loves selling victim culture. He should be able to sell himself as champaign of the little people a lot better than Hillary can. Being a capable politician , unlike Hillary, helps tremendously as well.
Lash

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 05:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
...and the fact that I think he's a decent human being.
hawkeye10

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 05:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Rendell, a former head of the Democratic Party, is a Biden friend and a Clinton supporter. I asked him what kind of challenge Biden could mount against Clinton. “He can’t, because his political supporters and his financial supporters are all for Hillary,” Rendell said. “The response they would give him is ‘Joe, I love you, I think you’d make a fine President, but it’s Hillary’s time.’ Joe happens to be standing in the way of history.”

If Clinton does not run, or falters, Biden could very well attract more Democratic support than is apparent today, Rendell said. “He automatically becomes the favorite, notwithstanding his liabilities,” he said, adding, “If Hillary pulled out on Tuesday, I would call Joe on Wednesday and say, ‘Whatever you want me to do.’ And I think that sixty to seventy per cent of the Hillary people feel the same.”

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/07/28/biden-agenda

A good read right now.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 05:35 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

...and the fact that I think he's a decent human being.

Well, I am on the fence about that, but Christopher Hitchens came to the conclusion that Bill and Hillary are bad people, not just liars and opportunists but people who are narcissistic to the extreme and dont have any moral problem walking over as many dead bodies as it takes to get to where they want to go.

Lash

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 05:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
I agree with Hitchens.
hawkeye10

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 06:03 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I agree with Hitchens.

If there was ever any doubt then Hillary selling the D elite the idea that we the people should not get choices on who to vote for seals the deal I think. Nothing she says matters after her actions prove her lack of interest in democracy, after she put all of her faith in the power of the elite rather than the power of the people.

**** her.

She does not represent my values and it is very hard to imagine the R's putting up someone who is worse than her.
0 Replies