The Case For Biden

revelette2

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 09:57 am
@engineer,
I live in southwestern KY, my state is going to republican so I can pretty well vote for who I want and it won't make a difference in the general. In the primary he will need all the help he can get if he decides to run considering he would have such a late start. I haven't looked but going by my gut for what its worth or not, I think Biden would have a better chance in the general than Sanders.
engineer

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 11:53 am
@revelette2,
And that is the argument for Biden - he is better in the general than (pick a candidate). That seems to be a valid argument, but not much of an endorsement.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 04:44 pm
@revelette2,
Because Hillary Clinton is deep in bed with the people who are ruining this country. She is ONE of the people who is ruining this country.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 04:48 pm
It can be argued that out-of-control people like Lash...

...are actually the ones "ruining" our country.

In fact...I argue it right here.
snood

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 08:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
And she's a teacher. Chills, huh?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 09:16 pm
I clearly don't like Hillary Clinton, I've my own thread on that. However, I'll be a voter for her that is how it goes.

Some others may think the same.
RABEL222

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 10:10 pm
@parados,
Classified after the time she sent or received.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 10:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Damn Frank, I was going to say that but you beat me to it.
0 Replies

revelette2

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 06:39 am
@ossobuco,
I wonder who lash will vote for if Hillary gets the nod rather than Bernie Sanders? Just intensely curious.
snood

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 07:25 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I wonder who lash will vote for if Hillary gets the nod rather than Bernie Sanders? Just intensely curious.

Yeah, I asked her about that specifically a while back - I think in the 'Bernie's In' thread. She said some obfuscated something about a third party candidate or green party or something. So... either Bernie the Good gets elected president or she basically puts her marbles in her bag and goes home.
georgeob1

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 07:43 am
@snood,
Something similar is going on with respect to Trump in the Republican party. Though the details are different, they are analogous situations which, together, probably indicate continuing unresolved issues in the public mind, across the political spectrum, which the respective party estsablishments have not yet addressed or resolved.
parados

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 07:49 am
@georgeob1,
No link for the "hundreds" of classified emails yet george?
bobsal u1553115

Thu 3 Sep, 2015 08:31 pm
Biden: Presidential Run Depends on ‘Emotional Energy’ of Family
Source: Bloomberg

“The honest-to-God answer is I just don’t know,” Biden said in his first detailed public comments about his deliberations.

The vice president spoke during a question-and-answer session at a synagogue in Atlanta on Thursday night where an audience of about 2,000 people was gathered to hear him discuss foreign policy.

“Unless I can go to my party and the American people and say that I am able to devote my whole heart and my whoel soul to this endeavor it would not be appropriate,” Biden said.

Read more: http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-09-04/biden-presidential-run-depends-on-emotional-energy-of-family
Lash

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 12:16 am
@parados,
I read today there were 300...
Frank Apisa

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 02:31 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Biden: Presidential Run Depends on ‘Emotional Energy’ of Family
Source: Bloomberg

“The honest-to-God answer is I just don’t know,” Biden said in his first detailed public comments about his deliberations.

The vice president spoke during a question-and-answer session at a synagogue in Atlanta on Thursday night where an audience of about 2,000 people was gathered to hear him discuss foreign policy.

“Unless I can go to my party and the American people and say that I am able to devote my whole heart and my whoel soul to this endeavor it would not be appropriate,” Biden said.

Read more: http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-09-04/biden-presidential-run-depends-on-emotional-energy-of-family

Sounds like political code for "NO."

Joe is a great guy who has made a significant contribution to this country. I hope he retires and that he and his family have a nice retirement period of rest.
revelette2

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 06:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
That is my feelings as well. Perhaps he realized there is really nothing criminal so far in the email thing so Hillary won't drop out. There is no way he can compete this late in the race.
engineer

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 06:26 am
@revelette2,
It is not late in the race. The Iowa caucus is February 1. That's right, February of 2016. The only thing Biden has missed is the Iowa State Fair. At this point in 2007 Barack Obama was spinning in circles, unable to gain any traction. He probably has until the end of September to make a decision.

I will say that his understanding of the requirements of the position and the sacrifices on his family and his seeming lack of desire for the job make him more appealing to me.
revelette2

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 06:33 am
@engineer,
I know it is not late in the race time wise but in terms of racking up endorsements and funding and support, unless Hillary drops out or those who were Obama or Biden supporters, but are now Hillary's supporters, turned to him, he would have a hard time gaining those mentioned. I put an article on the Bernie's in thread in which a conversation with Nate Silver explains the problems he would have.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 06:34 am
http://www.politico.com/blogs/ben-smith/2008/09/biden-garbles-depression-history-012167

Quote:

Joe Biden's denunciation of his own campaign's ad to Katie Couric got so much attention last night that another odd note in the interview slipped by.
He was speaking about the role of the White House in a financial crisis.

Quote:
"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed," Biden told Couric. "He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'"

As Reason's Jesse Walker footnotes it: "And if you owned an experimental TV set in 1929, you would have seen him. And you would have said to yourself, 'Who is that guy? What happened to President Hoover?'"

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/ben-smith/2008/09/biden-garbles-depression-history-012167#ixzz3klyBxD8v

0 Replies

parados

Fri 4 Sep, 2015 08:07 am
@Lash,
Source?