The Case For Biden

oralloy

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 07:12 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Pretty hard to deny hours of live tv and video tape, but oralloy is still trying to do it.

You cannot provide any examples of me denying any fact.

MontereyJack wrote:
How is living in fantasy land going for you, o?

You cannot provide any examples of an untrue statement in my posts.

MontereyJack wrote:
And I see you hate free speech too.

You cannot provide any examples of me opposing free speech.

MontereyJack wrote:
but of course disrespect for the constitution is what conservatives are all about.

You cannot provide any examples of me disrespecting the Constitution.
MontereyJack

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 10:42 am
@oralloy,
Cut out the blather. All of your denials are false.
revelette3

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 11:18 am
Please just ignore oralloy, it bogs down thread after thread, him and the other guy are just trolls.

Anyway, The democrats seem to be having a clash over a police bill. I agree with those who want to keep unchanged.

Dems clash over Biden-era police bill after 'defund' attacks

Now on the stimulus bill, I kind of think they might have put too much unrelated stuff in it. I also agree with republicans (ugh) about opening schools.

Democrats' $1.9T Covid aid bill faces the Senate chopping block

Frank Apisa

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 11:52 am
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

Please just ignore oralloy, it bogs down thread after thread, him and the other guy are just trolls.

Anyway, The democrats seem to be having a clash over a police bill. I agree with those who want to keep unchanged.

Dems clash over Biden-era police bill after 'defund' attacks

Now on the stimulus bill, I kind of think they might have put too much unrelated stuff in it. I also agree with republicans (ugh) about opening schools.

Democrats' $1.9T Covid aid bill faces the Senate chopping block

Yep.

I like to hear all views...and reply to some who seem to be provocateurs rather than serious posters. But at some point it makes more sense to put a person like Oralloy on IGNORE rather than continue trying to have a productive conversation.
BillW

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 12:04 pm
@revelette3,
Prereq to opening schools, all teachers must have ability to be vaccinated!
Below viewing threshold (view)
revelette3

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 02:07 pm
@BillW,
Yes they should, but in the meantime there are ways to safe distance and use a lot of hygiene.

Kids are failing, getting depressed, dropping out or just not doing their work at all. This virtual school has been horrible all along. Moreover, the more underprivileged kids are once again struggling the most for one reason or another.
MontereyJack

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 02:32 pm
@oralloy,
anyonde who thinks the Jan.6 insurrection was a peaceful protest against "progressive bullying" instead of a violent attempt to steal a fair electkon,has clearly spent too much time in the imaginary World of Warcraft to have any hope of determining what reality really is.
BillW

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 02:38 pm
@revelette3,
rev, there are enough doses, get done now. One dose and 1-2 weeks, start the schools up. Second dose in 2-3 more weeks and they are 85%+ insured. I heard today that it has been determined if you are fully vaccinated you can't pass the virus on if you are carrying it. Those kids carry it without showing any signs and there parents are young enough, usually, they will only get minimally sick.

This is a job each individual state must decide to do. Just make teachers high priority! Just get'er done.

Once again, the most likely to get bad sick, the minorities. Why does this have to keep happening <sigh>!
oralloy

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 02:39 pm
@BillW,
Actually there aren't enough doses yet. They are still working on people over age 65, which is a far higher priority than schools.
oralloy

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 02:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
anyonde who thinks the Jan.6 insurrection was a peaceful protest against "progressive bullying" instead of a violent attempt to steal a fair electkon,has clearly spent too much time in the imaginary World of Warcraft to have any hope of determining what reality really is.

You talk and you talk and you talk and you talk, but you can never back up all your empty talking with examples of me doing what you accuse me of.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 02:47 pm
@oralloy,
Incidentally, AZ has just released the results of a forensic audit of the 2020 election which once again showed that it was fair, so again we see that trump's attempts to bully the country and election officials into saying he won was total bullshit and his attmpts to inflame the crowd which led to the jan.6 violent mob rule attempt was more evidence of his unfitness for office. thank the gods we finally have a sane president again.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/forensic-audit-of-dominion-voting-machines-in-arizona-shows-e2-80-98no-evidence-of-vote-switching-e2-80-99/ar-BB1dYYql
BillW

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 02:57 pm
@MontereyJack,
and, Vice President. Just heard talk again, love to listen to her and, so sane.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 03:01 pm
@oralloy,
One of the rare times oralloy makes a certain amount of sense, but teachers definitely are justified in being kind of unwilling to put their own lives and those of their kids in peril without vaccinations for them. now that pfizer says they''ve cut the time needed to produce vaccines from four months to two, it's time to put a LOT of new money into production of vaccines and screw the GOP reluctance to do what needs to be done.
oralloy

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 03:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
I always make sense. That's why progressives hate me.

Teachers are right to refuse to return to work without being vaccinated. Schools just need to stay closed for now, especially with cases of the UK strain doubling exponentially.
oralloy

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 03:05 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
Kids are failing, getting depressed, dropping out or just not doing their work at all. This virtual school has been horrible all along. Moreover, the more underprivileged kids are once again struggling the most for one reason or another.

If normal people are not able to learn, that's what they get for being normal. Instead of getting on a college track, they should just train to weld or be a plumber or something.
MontereyJack

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 03:29 pm
@oralloy,
That kind of horsepucky elitism went out with the Revolution.The pbs newshour diod a story on that recently. plumbers and electricians and such probably make more money than you do. six figure incomes are pretty comon among them, because they are essential to keep the country functioning, rather And not enough are being trained it's better than training one more lawyer, but people look down on blue collar labor. If you live in TX, for example, next time you pipes freeze and burst, try getting your accountant to fix them rather than a plumber.
MontereyJack

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 04:18 pm
@oralloy,
sense? dream on..