Sun 7 Feb, 2021 06:05 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

I have seen lots of people oppose civil liberties over the years
while you incessantly admire yourself in your mirror you see one of them
oralloy

Sun 7 Feb, 2021 06:13 pm
@farmerman,
That is incorrect. I support and defend civil liberties.
Builder

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 05:20 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

The left has morphed into some strange **** lately.
Just look at how rabid they get when **** isn't going their way. Wink
0 Replies

knaivete

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 05:26 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

Oh dear dear dearie me, another incorrect statement.
hightor

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 05:57 am
Look at this guy in action:

a person wrote:

The left has morphed into some strange **** lately.

Okay; so now we expect a little more. What exactly is this "strange ****"?

the same person wrote:
Just look at how rabid they get when **** isn't going their way.

What kind of explanation is this? Where are we supposed to look? What "**** isn't going their way"? This drivel doesn't even rise to the level of a coherent statement. It says nothing.

The guy did the same thing yesterday and when challenged to explain his post or at least give us a hint as to what he was attempting to say he ran away!

farmerman

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 06:20 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
That is incorrect. I support and defend civil liberties
Explain your fantasy of "outlawing" the Democratic Party and banishing anyone who you claim to be a "progressive" in light of tyour above statement.

I sincerely believe in holding conflicting opinions on various subjcts but the wy I see it you misunderstand both sides of your above belief.

"civil Rights" are not negotiable.An incomplete list has already been adjudicated. These include all those you think you uphold. Others have still to be .
oralloy

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 11:56 am
@knaivete,
knaivete wrote:
Oh dear dear dearie me, another incorrect statement.

Wrong. My statement is correct.

And wrong again. My previous statements are correct as well.

That leaves you as the only one here making incorrect statements.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 11:57 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
What exactly is this "strange ****"?

How about their abuse of power to prosecute people they disagree with for imaginary crimes?

How about their attempts to run people they disagree with out of business?
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 11:58 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Explain your fantasy of "outlawing" the Democratic Party and banishing anyone who you claim to be a "progressive" in light of your above statement.

Hmmm. The problem is, I've already explained it to you many times. You always refuse to listen when I explain it.

OK, one more time. My call to outlaw the Democratic Party is not based on any beliefs or ideology that they have, but on the fact that they abuse their power to harm innocent people.

In other words, the reason why they should be outlawed is because of specific bad behavior that they are engaging in.

farmerman wrote:
"civil Rights" are not negotiable.

Agreed.

farmerman wrote:
An incomplete list has already been adjudicated. These include all those you think you uphold. Others have still to be.

I am all for expanding our rights, although I don't know that it will happen. It will be cool if it does however.
MontereyJack

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 02:46 pm
@oralloy,
No abuse and no innocent people. Simply using the law as it is intended, to deal with people committing illegal acts. It's not the Dems fault that so many of those people have been republicans, as the courts have adjudged. Let's outlaw the Republican party for all those criminals associated with it. The seditious e ex-president is of course a perfect example.
oralloy

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 03:04 pm
@MontereyJack,
Wrong. Using the law as a weapon to harm people that you disagree with is an abuse of power.

And wrong again. Scooter Libby is one example of an innocent person who you've wrongfully convicted. The impeachment charges against Mr. Trump are another example of you abusing the law to harass an innocent person.

And wrong yet again. The law was not intended for you to use as a weapon against people that you disagree with.
MontereyJack

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 04:52 pm
@oralloy,
The law is intended as a weapon against people who commit crimes. That accurately describes the slimeballs who trump surrounded himself with. As well of course as it does trump himself. Not an innocent among them. that's what the law is for and the democrats have used it as it was intended.
oralloy

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 05:13 pm
@MontereyJack,
Wrong. Mr. Trump hasn't done anything wrong. Democrats just abuse their power to harm people who they disagree with.

And wrong again. That is most certainly not what the law was intended for.
MontereyJack

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 06:09 pm
@oralloy,
Thinking trump hasn't done anything wrong is purely your own opinion, not a fact or reality. That is not the opinion of a majority of americans, which is why he's no longer president. It
s also not the opinion of a majority of congress, or the courts. And give me no **** about appeal to authority. Y\ou'are using that concept wrong, and this is the way democracy works.
oralloy

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 06:23 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Thinking trump hasn't done anything wrong is purely your own opinion, not a fact or reality.

That is incorrect. It is both fact and reality.

MontereyJack wrote:
That is not the opinion of a majority of americans, which is why he's no longer president.

Appeals to the crowd are logical fallacies.

MontereyJack wrote:
Its also not the opinion of a majority of congress, or the courts.

Appeals to authority are logical fallacies.

MontereyJack wrote:
And give me no **** about appeal to authority.

When you resort to logical fallacies, it is appropriate to point it out.

MontereyJack wrote:
You're using that concept wrong,

No I'm not.

MontereyJack wrote:
and this is the way democracy works.

This is not a democracy. This is a messageboard where you are making claims that you cannot back up.
cicerone imposter

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 10:34 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
MontereyJack wrote:
Thinking trump hasn't done anything wrong is purely your own opinion, not a fact or reality.

That is incorrect. It is both fact and reality.

Trump single-handedly destroyed our economy and health. His trade war and tariffs killed many jobs in our country. His ignorance of covid 19 resulted in over 440,000 dead Americans. None of our allies trust Trump; first time in our country's history. Trump told over 30,000 lies and mis-information according to fact checkers. Trump has been impeached two times; first time in our country's history. Trump is facing many federal, state, local and civil crimes. https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/11/here-are-the-various-ways-donald-trump-could-be-prosecuted/ Trump killed jobs. https://politicalwire.com/2019/09/10/trumps-trade-war-has-killed-300k-jobs/
cicerone imposter

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 10:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From Mother Jones.
Quote:
Trump has offered state and federal prosecutors a buffet of options for criminal and civil charges. On the federal level, one of the most plausible crimes Trump could be charged with is obstruction of justice. In his two-part report on his Russia investigation, special counsel Robert Mueller all but laid out the case, chronicling Trump’s assorted efforts to stymie the probe. The report also includes evidence suggesting that Trump may have perjured himself in written responses to questions from Mueller’s team, though this claim is more difficult to prove. Mueller stopped short of concluding that Trump had committed a crime, but mostly because, as a sitting president, he was arguably immune from prosecution. But that protection no longer applies once he leaves office.
cicerone imposter

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 10:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Trump's trade war.
Quote:
Yahoo News: “Forecasting firm Moody’s Analytics estimates that Trump’s trade war with China has already reduced U.S. employment by 300,000 jobs, compared with likely employment levels absent the trade war.”

“That’s a combination of jobs eliminated by firms struggling with tariffs and other elements of the trade war, and jobs that would have been created but haven’t because of reduced economic activity.”
MontereyJack

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 11:13 pm
@oralloy,
You are using appeal to authority wrong every time you use it. do a little research. and your facts and opinions" are merely your opinion of what are facts and opinions and it's flawed.
MontereyJack

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 11:15 pm
@oralloy,
all false.