The Case For Biden

revelette3

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 10:17 am
@farmerman,
I agree completely. Plus he is getting old.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 10:26 am
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
That would be great and Biden could do it too, but are there any USSC ready to retire soon and would they knowing they would leave a seat open? It seems wrong to hope for someone to die.

Stephen Breyer is 82.

Sonia Sotomayor has diabetes.

But yes. It might be awhile before there is a vacancy.

I like the idea of appointing Mr. Obama too. Better him than a younger justice who will stay on the court longer.
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 10:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Would not bother me a bit if a reason were found to call off the outdoor ceremony completely.

It's been done — Reagan in 1985.
Frank Apisa

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 11:41 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Would not bother me a bit if a reason were found to call off the outdoor ceremony completely.

It's been done — Reagan in 1985.

I'm hoping for horrible weather Inauguration Day.
revelette3

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 12:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
After reading what I did this morning on an article from the Washington Post on all the chatter talk on underground internet (I think that is right term?) I agree about the outside inauguration security issue. (left a link on a thread bout Trump's twitter account being taken away.)
oralloy

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 01:37 pm
@revelette3,
I'm against violence of course. But I'd love to see his inauguration drowned out by lots of peaceful booing and chanting.
farmerman

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 01:44 pm
@oralloy,
So you really feel that Trump was cheated from getting a second term?
The election was rigged??
snood

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 01:51 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

You know, they have to say they believe that crap whether they do or not. It’s all about saving face.

They may even have a clue that Trump is as big a fraud and loser as we know he is - but they can never admit it.

It’s a damn pity.
glitterbag

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 02:48 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I'm against violence of course. But I'd love to see his inauguration drowned out by lots of peaceful booing and chanting.

Any particular chant strike your fancy??? Tuesday the rioters were chanting 'Hang Mike Pence'........that froze my soul, but perhaps for you and some of the other duped loyalists it might be music to your ears.
oralloy

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 04:59 pm
@glitterbag,
No chant preference. But how about some air horns in the audience to really drown him out?

And the same for his State of the Union.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 05:00 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
You know, they have to say they believe that crap whether they do or not. It's all about saving face.
They may even have a clue that Trump is as big a fraud and loser as we know he is - but they can never admit it.
It's a damn pity.

You are not fit to speak for me. It would be better if you didn't try.
oralloy

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 05:01 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I've made it pretty clear that I neither know nor care whether the election rigging stories are true.

Joe Biden is an illegitimate president either way, so why waste energy worrying about whether the claims are true or not?

Better to just get straight to opposing and undermining him and his illegitimate administration.
snood

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 05:22 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

snood wrote:
You know, they have to say they believe that crap whether they do or not. It's all about saving face.
It's a damn pity.

You are not fit to speak for me. It would be better if you didn't try.

Wasn’t speaking for you, you special brainiac. Was speaking about you, and all the other goofuses sniffing behind loser Yrump.
oralloy

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 05:59 pm
@snood,
Same thing. And your statements about me are untrue.
RABEL222

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 09:42 pm
@oralloy,
Hey 17. You wouldn't recognize true if it bit you on your ass.
oralloy

Sat 9 Jan, 2021 09:53 pm
@RABEL222,
@RABEL222,
You are the only person here who is stupid enough to have a double digit IQ.

And you cannot point out a single untrue statement in any of my posts.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Sun 10 Jan, 2021 12:10 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I've made it pretty clear that I neither know nor care whether the election rigging stories are true.

Joe Biden is an illegitimate president either way, so why waste energy worrying about whether the claims are true or not?

Better to just get straight to opposing and undermining him and his illegitimate administration.

If you don't know nor care then your assertion about illegitimacy is moot.

So no, it is not better to undermine anything unless you are correct about anything, at any time. Since you are NOT, then you've stated an incorrect statement. By your standards, that is inexcusable and must be overridden.