The Case For Biden

snood

Wed 25 Nov, 2020 09:21 am
I’d like either Sally Yates or Preet Bharara for AG.

Thoughts?
glitterbag

Wed 25 Nov, 2020 12:29 pm
@snood,
I like both of them.....they would be spectacular.
Frank Apisa

Wed 25 Nov, 2020 12:39 pm
glitterbag wrote:

I like both of them.....they would be spectacular.

Either would be even more than spectacular.

Cannot wait until he announces his choice for AG. Whoever gets the nod will have his/her hands full getting the DoJ back to normal. Luckily, almost all of the career people will be working with the AG to undo the damage done by Barr.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 25 Nov, 2020 12:41 pm
@glitterbag,
I lean a little toward Sally because of her intelligence background and then back to Preet because of his determination and legal acumen.
snood

Wed 25 Nov, 2020 12:43 pm
@glitterbag,
I think both of them would be prone to take on the crime and corruption committed over the last four years.
0 Replies

revelette3

Fri 27 Nov, 2020 11:17 am
A Fight Over Agriculture Secretary Could Decide the Direction of Hunger Policy

Quote:
“I feel very strongly,” Clyburn said in an interview Wednesday about Fudge, who leads the nutrition and oversight subcommittee on the House Agriculture Committee.

“It’s time for Democrats to treat the Department of Agriculture as the kind of department it purports to be,” he added, noting that much of the budget “deals with consumer issues and nutrition and things that affect people’s day-to-day lives.”

But there are complications. Two of Biden’s farm-state allies are also being discussed for the job: Heidi Heitkamp, a former senator from North Dakota, and Tom Vilsack, the former Iowa governor who served as agriculture secretary for President Barack Obama.

The delicate proxy clash over the post, which is usually not as coveted as more high-profile Cabinet positions, has pitted Democrats eager to emphasize issues like hunger and nutrition against more traditional members of the party who believe the department should represent rural America. The sprawling agency oversees farm policy, the Forest Service, food safety and animal health but also the food stamp program, nutrition services, rural housing and rural development. More broadly, the debate illustrates the challenge Biden faces as he builds his administration. Every appointment he makes interlocks with others, and if he does not select a diverse candidate for one position, it becomes more likely he will for other posts.

The Agriculture job specifically is pinching Biden between two of his central campaign themes, which he repeated in plain terms this month in his victory speech: that he owes a special debt to African American voters and that he wants to be a president for all Americans, including those who didn’t vote for him.

And nowhere did Biden fare worse than in rural America, particularly the most heavily white parts of the farm belt.

“This is a choice that only Joe Biden can make, and he will make it understanding the unique challenges of rural America and what needs to happen in rural America moving forward,” said Heitkamp, a moderate who was defeated in 2018 after serving as attorney general and then senator in one of the most sparsely populated states in the country.

Recalling her campaign efforts on behalf of Biden’s “great rural plan,” Heitkamp predicted the president-elect would “pick the person who can implement that rural plan.”

Clyburn, though, said the Agriculture Department had for too long seemed “to favor big farming interests” over less wealthy people, whether they be “little farmers in Clarendon County, South Carolina, or food stamp recipients in Cleveland, Ohio,” Fudge’s hometown.

Clyburn did not mention Heitkamp, but he bridled at the prospect of Vilsack reclaiming the department he had led for all eight years of the Obama administration.

“I don’t know why we’ve got to be recycling,” Clyburn said, echoing complaints that Biden only represents Obama’s third term. “There’s a strong feeling that Black farmers didn’t get a fair shake” under Vilsack, Clyburn said.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 06:19 pm
Quote:
President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Harris today announced new members of
the White House staff who will serve in senior communications roles.

For the first time in history, these communications roles will be filled entirely by women...

https://i.imgur.com/kOSuZRT.jpg
farmerman

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 08:56 pm
@Region Philbis,
Biden was seen at a hospital in Wilmington. Apparently he uffered a sprained ankle from messing around with hi one fog, a Bigass Alsatian.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 30 Nov, 2020 08:32 am
@Region Philbis,
Imagine how much sniffing is going to happening in that office by Creepy Joe!

Region Philbis

Mon 30 Nov, 2020 09:42 am

Biden moves quickly to build a diverse administration

President-elect Joe Biden has repeatedly promised to build a government that "looks like America."
He's not wasting any time in delivering on that front.

Biden has moved quickly to name a diverse group to key White House and Cabinet posts.

On Sunday night, he unveiled an all-female senior communications staff and is expected to roll out
a diverse group to lead his economic team this coming week...

https://i.imgur.com/2ERTMNH.jpg
0 Replies

revelette3

Mon 30 Nov, 2020 10:45 am
@McGentrix,
I guess that line didn't catch on like ya'll thought it would.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 30 Nov, 2020 10:51 am
@McGentrix,
Better than pussy-grabbing by Disgusting Donny.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 30 Nov, 2020 11:05 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

A hell of a lot less than the crying being done by the morons who supported, and continue to support, Trump.

A HELL OF A LOT LESS!
0 Replies

snood

Mon 30 Nov, 2020 11:52 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Much less than what goes on there now.
Sniffing adderall, sniffing cocaine, sniffing runny noses from all the goddamn whining.

You pukes looked the other way every time Don the Loser expressed attraction for his own daughter. You need to stfu trying to be some kind of moral police for Biden.
McGentrix

Mon 30 Nov, 2020 11:56 am
@snood,
https://img-comment-fun.9cache.com/media/aD1A6nZ/am0GePpB_700w_0.jpg

What are you going to do when you don't have Trump to blame for all your woes? Sniffing Joe has a real problem.
snood

Mon 30 Nov, 2020 12:12 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

https://img-comment-fun.9cache.com/media/aD1A6nZ/am0GePpB_700w_0.jpg

What are you going to do when you don't have Trump to blame for all your woes? Sniffing Joe has a real problem.

He sniffs girls! He’s a creep! He is senile!
You pukes need to come up with some better stuff.

It’s so obvious that you’re desperate for something to hold on to. It’s understandable - you sure don’t want to talk about the lazy, lying lardass fraud who’s leaving.

And we’ll do just fine with Donald Trump off the front page for a change.

We’re not the ones who put our loyalty and trust in a traitorous loser imbecile, you are. If anyone misses the dumpster fire POS, it won’t be us. Now it’s up to you to go find some other lowlife Republican clown to **** things up.

In the meantime, work on some better material. You’re boring.
McGentrix

Mon 30 Nov, 2020 12:23 pm
@snood,
hightor

Mon 30 Nov, 2020 01:57 pm
@McGentrix,
He's talked like that for forty years. You do know he has a speech problem, right? I'd contrast that with the current president who almost seemed lucid in old interviews but now can't seem to construct a sentence without veering off into some unrelated talking point and employs the vocabulary of a fourth grader. Talk about a visible decline.

I hope when Biden takes office and begins to govern that you'll begin dealing seriously with his policies and how they affect the country. He's not a bombastic narcissist and it should be possible to separate his programs and proposals from his personality.
snood

Mon 30 Nov, 2020 03:45 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

I hope when Biden takes office and begins to govern that you'll begin dealing seriously with his policies and how they affect the country.

I hope that one day all mankind lives in harmony.

I mean, since we’re indulging our fantasies.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)