Who should be Hillary's running mate?

roger

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 02:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Are there really that many people in New Hampshire?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 03:25 pm
@roger,
Only when Republican candidates show up. That's a photo of them.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 06:59 am
@hawkeye10,
Hawkeye10 wrote:
Quote:
You over the years have seemed to have no awareness that being seen to be part of the elite, as a skilled manipulator, can be a negative. The elite rule only with our consent, which can be withdrawn at any time. Scott Walker understands.

Read this in regards to Scott Walker, his hands are no cleaner than anyone else running.

Walker's Dark Money Allies Orchestrate Coup of the Courts
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 04:20 pm
WI Gov. Scott Walker, FL Sen. Marco Rubio, and OH Gov. John Kasich would all attend a same-sex wedding. TX Sen. Ted Cruz avoided the question and whined about how conservatives are portrayed as hating gays. TN Sen. Rand Paul is pretending to be a libertarian again and thinks everyone should have equal treatment under the law but he and the others all still oppose same-sex marriage and support "traditional marriage." Former PA Sen. Rick Santorum clearly stated it violates his beliefs and he would not attend the ceremony because he is a walking pile of **** and I have nothing but contempt for that man.

Hmm... does anyone even have to ask this question to Hillary? Cool
Baldimo

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 04:38 pm
@jcboy,
This is the problem with the lopsidedness of the news media. These are gotcha questions that really have nothing to do with running the country. Do you really care which person would attend a gay wedding? It's not like you would invite a politician to your wedding, unless they were a friend of your.s
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 07:25 pm
Quote:
In New Hampshire over the past few days, we saw GOP candidates fielding questions, chatting up the media, answering thorny questions and offering their own worldviews. Each one of the GOP contenders has already answered more questions from the press, revealed more about himself and uttered more unscripted lines than Clinton has since leaving the State Department more than two years ago. How can stiff, isolated, idea-devoid Hillary compete with that? She can’t, because even if she slides through the primary, she will then have to go up against the Republican nominee, whose campaign will have been tested, pushed and perfected in a highly competitive race.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2015/04/20/hillary-clinton-losing-the-authenticity-primary/

Exactly. Not making Hillary work for the D nomination is one of the dumbest moves I have ever seen in American politics.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 09:15 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
This is the problem with the lopsidedness of the news media. These are gotcha questions that really have nothing to do with running the country.

Actually, it goes to a very real issue of who feels we are all Americans and who thinks some Americans aren't real Americans.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 09:47 am
@parados,
And yet it has nothing to do with the economy, jobs, defense of the nation or foreign policy. It's a purely emotional issue at this point and is not a matter of national urgency.
parados

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 11:33 am
@Baldimo,
Gosh, so you admit that the GOP spends all their time on polices that have nothing to do with the economy, jobs, defense of the nation or foreign policy. They would rather chase emotional issues like gay marriage, abortion funding and other things that are not a matter of national urgency. This wouldn't be an issue if the GOP wasn't pandering to a large part of their base. Maybe they need to spend more time on what you and I think is important.

Case in point is the GOP's failure to bring Loretta Lynch to a vote simply out of spite. You want to talk about putting their petty feelings ahead of the nation, then let's have that conversation.

Until the GOP decides that ALL Americans deserve the same attention they will continue to screw us over because they feel most of America doesn't deserve a government that works.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 12:17 pm
@parados,
What does any of this have to do with the media and how the root for the Dems? Tell me again how asking a question about attending a gay wedding has to do with what you are talking about? Loretta Lynch confirmation vote deals with this how?

Quote:
Until the GOP decides that ALL Americans deserve the same attention they will continue to screw us over because they feel most of America doesn't deserve a government that works.

This same thing applies to the Dems who are just as bad if not worse.
parados

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 03:17 pm
@Baldimo,
The media roots for the Dems? Or do facts just support the Dems?

Gay Americans are Americans. When a politician is willing to turn their back on some Americans, I wonder how many other Americans they are willing to turn their back on. Loretta Lynch deals with how the GOP is willing to put their own partisanship and emotional pandering ahead of the country. Longer to approve her nomination than the previous 7 AG nominations combined? That does seem a little ridiculous, don't you think?

Quote:
This same thing applies to the Dems who are just as bad if not worse.
And your examples of the Dems being willing to ignore Americans is what? They might be bad, but I don't see how you can think they are worse.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 04:56 pm
@parados,
Quote:
The media roots for the Dems?

They tend to have a very pronounced left wing bias. I did not believe it was as bad as the R's have been saying till just a few years ago. You will most of the time get a much more even handed and fair account from the Europeans than from American sources. Fox is not at all unusual with its political bias, it is unusual because it takes the minority view.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 05:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
The media roots for the Dems?

They tend to have a very pronounced left wing bias. I did not believe it was as bad as the R's have been saying till just a few years ago. You will most of the time get a much more even handed and fair account from the Europeans than from American sources. Fox is not at all unusual with its political bias, it is unusual because it takes the minority view.

Yeah...and the only people the conservative side have are George Will, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity, Bill Bennett, Pat Buchanan, Liz Cheney, Bill Kristol, Karl Rove, Cal Thomas, Bill O’Reilly, Pat Robertson, Laura Ingrham, Michael Savage, Ann Coulter...

...well, you get the idea.

Day after day...spewing their barely understandable nonsense...in the media across the country.

The far right is a bunch of pathetic, cry baby losers.

But they do provide lots of entertainment.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 05:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Day after day...spewing their barely understandable nonsense...in the media across the country.

The far right is a bunch of pathetic, cry baby losers.

I understand it just fine, the problem is that with most "journalists" the reporting is sifted through their politics. The more they do it the less worth listening to they are, and it makes no difference to me which way they slant. Finding out what is going on in America is a lot more work than it should be, because of this need to try to sift out the bias of the reporter.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 08:52 am
@Frank Apisa,
Very few of the people you have listed are news media, they are pundits. A lot of them are radio talk show hosts. How does that compare to the news media bias from the major news networks?
revelette2

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 09:01 am
@Baldimo,
The pundits in today's media make up a majority of the news and it is what they say which gets remembered a lot more than straight reporting of the news of which in my opinion you really only get on the internet and even then you still have to be careful not to get too into the opinion blogs.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 11:01 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Very few of the people you have listed are news media...they are pundits. A lot of them are radio talk show hosts. How does that compare to the news media bias from the major news networks?

Gimme a break...and give yourself one also, Baldimo.

Every one of the people I mentioned is part of the media...and every one is a bat-**** crazy right winger.

If anything these days, the media seems to be dominated by right wingers.

Okay with me...they just have the upper hand right now. The pendulum will swing back and forth.

I am not going to be a cry-baby like the right wingers are being because they think the slant is the other way.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 11:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
Please tell me who in the news media is a right winger? Matt Lauer? Katie Couric? I'm going to need some names of those who you perceive to be right wingers in the news media? You can't name someone from Foxnews either, they are not the main stream news media. I'm looking for names from the major networks who do the news.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 11:44 am
@Baldimo,
I already told you.

George Will, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity, Bill Bennett, Pat Buchanan, Liz Cheney, Bill Kristol, Karl Rove, Cal Thomas, Bill O’Reilly, Pat Robertson, Laura Ingrham, Michael Savage, Ann Coulter...for starters.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 12:01 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Come one Frank... Those are not news media people, they are pundits, they do no report the news. The only people on that list that could be considered news media are Cal Thomas and George Will, the rest are pundits and not news media.

So what you are saying is this. There is no such thing as right wing news media.