Who should be Hillary's running mate?

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 07:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
Me neither, but I read up on him. Charlie Crist was a Republican first, when he lost his election, he became independent and when he lost there too, he started to support Obama and became a Democrat.

Yet he is pro capital punishment and pro guns. Not sure what his stand is on
abortion, but as Governor of Florida, he did get the education system up to par - grades K - 12. Not enough in my book, he's too wishywashy in my book and not a good running mate for Hillary. They clash in fundamental issues.

Frankly, I would keep Joe Biden as running mate - he's good, always smiley, friendly and doesn't really upset anyone.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 07:58 pm
I hear you osso and edgar - perhaps Elizabeth's time to run is in 2020 for president. I sure hope so!!! She is also my favorite politician.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 07:58 pm
@roger,
I have to admit, even Republicans mostly know she is a loser.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 08:01 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Me neither, but I read up on him. Charlie Crist was a Republican first, when he lost his election, he became independent and when he lost there too, he started to support Obama and became a Democrat.

Yet he is pro capital punishment and pro guns. Not sure what his stand is on
abortion, but as Governor of Florida, he did get the education system up to par - grades K - 12. Not enough in my book, he's too wishywashy in my book and not a good running mate for Hillary. They clash in fundamental issues.

Frankly, I would keep Joe Biden as running mate - he's good, always smiley, friendly and doesn't really upset anyone.

Judging by your post I don't feel comfortable with him. Maybe I could get used to it. I really wanted someone slightly left of Clinton.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 08:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hilary is a powerhouse - she runs over everyone. What she needs is a charmer and someone who just is a bit of a trophy VP - as I said: Joe Biden! Smile
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 08:07 pm
@CalamityJane,
I love Biden. I just don't think they will let him do it again.
roger

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 08:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
I kind of like him too. For all that he comes across as a political animal, I do think he's got the best interests of the country in mind.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 08:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
Is there a term limit for VP's? No, I just checked, however, no one has
served more than 2 terms. Yet, Joe could be the first!

Maybe Hilary takes CA senator Dianne Feinstein. She's 81 years old, yes,
but she's still very agile and active. Plus she is very wealthy and doesn't need interest groups to finance her campaign.
0 Replies

Banana Breath

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 08:38 pm
The perfect running mate:
http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/2012/11/03/peewee/01_full_600x400.jpg
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 08:40 pm
@Banana Breath,
He's got dirt on his stick - exposed himself to youngsters which ended his career.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 09:01 pm
I like Feinstein. Never considered her.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 09:02 pm
I'm not a fervent Diane Feinstein fan, don't actually like her, but maybe her views could be useful.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 09:06 pm
@roger,
I agree with Roger on that.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 05:29 am
@CalamityJane,
I think it'd be awesome to have Bill Clinton as VP. First Mister and Veep.
FBM

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 05:31 am
@Ragman,
Well, now. That's creative. And interesting.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 07:18 am
I think a Clinton/Warren ticket would be unstoppable.

However, Martin O’Malley could take the Presidency away from Hillary.

Why Americans should consider O’Malley for president

Quote:
Former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley (D) is correct to point out that the presidency is not a crown to be passed “between two families,” as he stated in a recent “This Week” appearance on ABC. O’Malley is a rising star in the Democratic Party because of his accomplishments, not simply his last name. In eight years as governor of Maryland, and seven years as mayor of Baltimore before that, O’Malley has accomplished a great deal of success. His accomplishments and leadership skills surpass those of Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush, and for these reasons, Americans throughout the country should consider O’Malley in 2016.

According to Gallup the economy, jobs, and wealth inequality are all major issues for American voters. On these top issues, O’Malley succeeded in bringing Maryland towards the top of every ranking. According to the Maryland Reporter, the following statements from O’Malley are deemed “true:”

Maryland has the highest median household income in America, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce has ranked Maryland #1 in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Education Week magazine ranked Maryland’s K-12 schools #1 in America for five straight years. The nonpartisan Pew Center on the State ranked Maryland one of the top three states for upward economic mobility.

Compared to ethical scandals by both Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush, O’Malley was able to move Maryland towards the top of rankings for education, economic mobility, and entrepreneurship. Also, Maryland was one of only seven states to maintain its AAA bond rating during the recession.

As for innovation, O’Malley found ways to utilize data more efficiently than his predecessors. According to a recent Washington Post article, Maryland’s governor found innovative ways to harness data:

For instance, if the United States reduced infant mortality at the same rate Maryland has, 4,000 American babies a year would survive, he said.

…The concept of data-driven government originated with policing efforts in New York, but O’Malley became the first to expand it across a full government.

“He was the first guy to figure out how to make it work for an entire jurisdiction,” said Robert Behn, a senior lecturer at the Kennedy School at Harvard University who has written extensively about government leadership strategy.

From reducing infant mortality to reducing crime, O’Malley’s CitiStat helped solve statewide dilemmas efficiently and with greater speed than in years past. On a federal level, there’s a good chance that this type of leadership and management could be used to help address everything from veteran disability claim backlogs to education and wealth inequality.

As a result of his success and persona, people in Iowa are now likening O’Malley to JFK. According to a Daily Iowan piece titled Martin O’Malley: The nation’s new JFK?, O’Malley has the ability to “captivate” voters:

0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 09:29 am
@Ragman,
But, he couldn't become president, could he?
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 10:13 am
@roger,
I guess that would depend how the rule against running more than two times is worded.
roger

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 11:20 am
@edgarblythe,
Being vice president would be allowed. Serving more than two terms as president wouldn't
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 11:44 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I think it'd be awesome to have Bill Clinton as VP. First Mister and Veep.

No, no, no, being a couple and mixing business with pleasure is a recipe for disaster.