cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 11:05 am
@snood,
I'm in your corner, snood.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 11:09 am
@Blickers,
The averages in the graph speaks volumes. It's been historically true that democrats do beter than republicans, so why are so many people pushing for republican candidates.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 11:52 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I won't engage you again on this particular issue. It's turning into an Apisa situation.

Depends on who's describing it. Some would say it's turning into another Lash situation.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 11:54 am
@snood,
That was funny!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 03:38 pm
This is from an article in The Daily Beast. Michael Tomasky's piece is talking about takeaways from the Nevada Caucus.
In this paragraph, he's talking about the difference between the way Hillary vs. Bernie supporters interact online, as opposed to how they interact face to face.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Twitter, Berniebros and Hillarybots are scratching each others’ eyes out. But out there in the world, it’s not that nasty. I was on an elevator in New York New York with about 17 Clinton supporters and two Sanders people. The Clinton people joked, “OK, we’ve got ’em outnumbered, let’s get ’em!” Everyone laughed good-naturedly. The leader of the Sanders people, a 30-something black woman, said, “We’ll all be together in the fall.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/20/did-hillary-clinton-just-finish-bernie-sanders-off.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

This was kinda reassuring to me. Sometimes it seems, from the way A2K progressives go at each other, that there is no chance for any solidarity after the primaries. But I guess there's hope.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 04:19 pm
I'm progressive and I like some things about both Dem candidates, am battling with myself about it, but I've long liked Bernie best as a person and long have rattled off what bothers me about Hillary. I'm nobody's Bot or similar words I keep seeing tossed around. I participate less and less in the a2k political arguments as people are so sure that a) since I like Bernie, I'm a Bernie fiend, and since I am thinking voting for Hillary in the Primary (always said I would in the General, if she is the nominee) I get to be a Bernie hater. I'm probably left of both of them. Don't make me come over there and make you write on the blackboard (or green or white), with chalk or marker, "I must not generalize and shut people out who understand both sides of issues." It's a little harder to not shut people out who we think are way off base, but doable. I'm speaking of within a party or within a near realm of points of view.

I'm tired of repetition, including by myself, but I do get the intensity of needing to be heard.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 06:13 pm
@snood,
No. Nobody would say that. I don't constantly challenge you or others about your vote. Twice I've shared my opinion about it.

With you and Frank, it is (and was) neverending.

I think you have low self-awareness. Frank did too.
snood

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 06:56 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

No. Nobody would say that. I don't constantly challenge you or others about your vote. Twice I've shared my opinion about it.

With you and Frank, it is (and was) neverending.

I think you have low self-awareness. Frank did too.

If you had any of the self awareness you're always pointing your finger and accusing others of not having, you'd realize that you probably have more conflicts, squabbles and inane disagreements with more people than anyone else on this forum. But pontificate on.
Lash

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 07:25 pm
@snood,
I point my finger at Hillary Clinton.

That's wildly unpopular here.

Doesn't make me wrong, just an extreme minority.

I'm not going to say what people approve to curry fake favor.

snood

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 07:42 pm
@Lash,
Yeah, that's gotta be it.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2016 10:37 pm
@CalamityJane,
I prefer Elizabeth Warren over every single elected official anywhere and everywhere throughout the nation. I think she would make a better president than Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, or anyone else. If we can't have her as our president, having her as our VP is a good consolation. As you already stated, being a sitting VP would put her in an advantageous position for a future presidency. Yes, I also like Bernie Sanders. Bernie Sanders would make a great president or VP.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2016 11:00 pm
A person people like
0 Replies

toddhicks209

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 04:20 am
Bernie belongs to the Democrats. The person Hillary should pick as VP if she wins the nomination should depend on who is the best among people on a short list who are vetted. Contrary to what a member said, I think VPs have influence and serve as advisers on some matters.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 07:41 am
She's been trying on Cory Booker. I Think he's under very heavy consideration.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 07:43 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

I prefer Elizabeth Warren over every single elected official anywhere and everywhere throughout the nation.

It would also make Wall Street and the Republicans really interested in keeping Clinton healthy.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 08:13 am
@snood,
Speaking of Frank, I hope he is alright, been curious and slightly worried about him.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 03:00 pm
@revelette2,
Me too. I thought he might have been bared for a week but am sure he has been gone too long for that. Anyone?
snood

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 03:43 pm
@RABEL222,
Frank is cripplingly proud (I think I made up that word), and that'd be my guess as to what's keeping him away. Feels like he was slighted in a way that returning would give the appearance that he excused it. Pity, really. Frank is entertaining as hell.

Does anyone know him well enough to have his email or number, to contact him and ensure he's ok?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 03:47 pm
@snood,
Blatham might.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 05:03 pm
@snood,
I met Frank in NYC, and he's really a nice guy and gentleman. That we can disagree on some topics is not that important. I like him as a person