Who should be Hillary's running mate?

Ragman

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 01:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
People keep trying to advise you that you are yelling is not being done to piss you off or control you.

No mater what you insist upon about your style of typing , by most of the people online, you're style is considered yelling - by 99.9% of the online public. The fact that you insist on continuing doing this, indicates you're indifference to the norm and what having online manners..or politeness is about. If you keep insisting, that doesn't make it true or pleasant for others.

FWIW, people who you might not want to turn off, will scroll past or simple ignore you as annoying. Just like what happens to a boorish loud talker at a corner bar. Or it's akin to someone with horrible BO or lays down gross farts at parties.

As a further explanation, typing in all caps, or typing a whole paragraph (or a whole post) in bold is also considered yelling - whereas bolding a few words or a sentence is just emphasis.

THIS IS YELLING
THIS IS YELLING
This is yelling, if done for a paragraph or whole post.
This is not yelling, if done for a word or sentence.

Feel free to ignore this guidance, as you have in the past; however, when you do so, and people are advising you to the contrary, and you continue to ignore it, most likely you'll disaffect and turn off people to your valued contributions. This reduces your effectiveness of getting your message across.
roger

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 01:36 pm
@Ragman,
Personally, I have no problem with boldface. Those that insist on using colored characters more or less cease to exist.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 01:45 pm
I thumbed up both of you, interested re your takes.
I think, though, that it is valid to say that if you post in all bold in regular sized type, there is little way to gain visual emphasis from there but giant type or zingy colors.

I give dispensation to the perhaps many with vision considerations for whom increasing View won't help.

Me, if I'm serious, I don't want to have the book I'm reading turn into font playtime.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 05:25 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Rags for sale, that could be a song..

Many besides me have commented on your bold type as yelling. You've never responded to me to say why you do, except that it is not for vision reasons and is not yelling.

Thus, to me it seems you do it to enhance your argument points - which, you know should stand for themselves.

I never said it was not for vision reasons, Ossobuco. I had a motherfucking stroke...and sight in my right eye is severely impaired. Writing with distinctive fonting allows me to more easily find my posts when I am scrolling to look up things.

Stop being such an ass...and pretending it bothers you too much for you to endure.

Did you ever go through any of these histrionics when reading Phoenix's posts or some of the posts of others who use bold fonts?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 05:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
That reply goes for anyone else who has a problem with something as minor as a different font.
revelette2

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 07:44 am
@Frank Apisa,
Agreed, tempest in a teapot type thing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 09:19 am
@Frank Apisa,
I remember that you said it wasn't re vision but I'm not going to try to find that. Since that is your reason, I'll stop being annoyed by your doing it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 11:04 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I remember that you said it wasn't re vision but I'm not going to try to find that. Since that is your reason, I'll stop being annoyed by your doing it.

One...I do not have to account for you for the font I use...nor do I have to offer a reason for why I do it if I do use one you do not like. And I couldn't care less about you being "annoyed" with me.

Two...you are a crabby old lady who seem MUCH less interested in offering anything of value to discussions...than to scold people for doing whatever you think does not live up to your standards.

Three...you are a crabby old scold...who has brought this subject up way too many times. I have told you...and anyone else who sensibilities are so delicate that my choice of fonts causes great distress...that I most assuredly was NOT yelling...and that if they cannot take my word for that, they are welcome to put me on IGNORE so that their lives can go back to the ideal state it was before I dared to use bold font in their presence.

Four...you are a crabby old scold...who has conversed with Phoenix, among others, over the years...even though Phoenix not only uses bold...but colors the bold. And I've never seen you go through the theatrics with her that you have with me.

Five...you are a crabby old scold who is more likely to post comments that seem to be yelling (no matter what font size you use)...and that is regularly more insulting...than most of my posts.

You...and the others with this feigned indignation at my use of a bold font...can put me on IGNORE...or kiss my shiny, hairless ass. (Cheeks only, please.)

(In this post, I have been yelling. You phonies give me the creeps.)

Now I am going to go back to the adult, reasonable, courteous posting I've tried to maintain. And I am going to do it in bold font.

roger

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 03:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Now I am going to go back to the adult, reasonable, courteous posting I've tried to maintain. And I am going to do it in bold font.

I've said I've no objection to the bold face, but this one is over the top.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 03:41 pm
@roger,
Glad you feel that way, Roger.

It means I succeeded in my intent!
Wink
roger

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 03:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
YOU ARE SHOUTING AGAIN.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 03:46 pm
Er, I have too much talked about my eye problems on a2k and dealing with all that. I am avoidant except to post once in a while to those old threads re catchup, so far so good.

I'll try to explain, Frank, in short as others here know it already.
Retinitis pigmentosa, both eyes, may or may not be related to birth defect, two universities have me on their stats; long time stable so far. This means night blindness and poor peripheral vision all my life. I can't see stars in the desert. I walk into walls, even going into stores, but especially restaurants. No parking garages.

Traumatic glaucoma, one eye, from a gone to hell cataract surgery. Four more surgeries after that, followed by blepharitis, which means that my left eye seeps lipid 24/7 and I wake up with that top eyelid stuck to my lower one, in the night and every day.

I see ok with 'righty' after a surgery I put off from fear.

If I don't like your loud type, I get to say so.

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 03:50 pm
@roger,
Nope. No shouting. Conventions be damned.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 03:53 pm
@ossobuco,
Say so.

Matters not to me.

Like I said...you are a scold. That is what you do. And apparently you search out things to bother you.

In any case, I am not shouting. I do not shout in non-cyber life...and I am not shouting here.

I ask again...when you interacted with Phoenix...who used bold...did you ever give her the crap you've given me so many times?
ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 04:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Honey, I like Phoenix.

She doesn't blast, ever.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 04:41 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah...but she does post using bold.

And that does not bother you.

I bother you, Ossobuco. I get your goat.

It's fun.

I'm enjoying it.

Hope you can wake up and enjoy it at some point also.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 04:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Sorry I posted.

**** you.
Ragman

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 04:59 pm
And so it goes. This is an example of the process Dems are running into while finding Hillary a running mate.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 05:00 pm
@Ragman,
True.

Ragman

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 05:02 pm
@ossobuco,
Back to the subject at hand:

So,Osso ... what do you think the odds are that she'll pick Biden? Anyone else likely?