hawkeye10

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 01:53 am
@oralloy,
With as fast as the Mid East and North Africa is melting down there will be no stomach for dealing with the Jew/Palestine issue. It is not a high priority.
oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 02:34 am
@hawkeye10,
Perfect. The Israelis need a break from all the hate.

When the world finally has time to turn back to Palestinian issues, I recommend that they start a brand new peace process that does not involve spouting hate at Israel, but instead approaches Israel as a friendly partner in peace.
Ionus

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 03:13 am
@oralloy,
Israel has its faults, but which religion is clogging the news with horror stories, Islam or Judaism ? Are we to believe the only place that doesnt have Islamist terrorists is Palestine ?
maxdancona

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 06:28 am
@oralloy,
Let's just talk about how this will happen Oralloy.

You will have 4 million people that Israel will need to fence in. Of course the people will want to leave, so you will have to top this fence with razor wire and build guard towers. You would want to ensure people wouldn't even think about escaping. Will they shoot people who try to escape?

Of course people who aren't in the fence to begin with will need to be rounded up. I assume the police will need to go house to house to make sure that no one is hiding any Palestinians outside the designated Palestinian area.

This people trapped inside will need food and housing. Will they starve, or will Israel provide them with some sort of subsistence. Even basic gruel costs money, and there are 4 million people... perhaps Israel could recoup some of that money by getting them to work... if they didn't want to work, they could force them.

Yeah Oralloy... I don't see any problems with Israel carrying out this sort of final solution..

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 07:55 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Palestinians don't want a democracy, they want Sharia.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4621153,00.html

Quote:
Palestinian Christians call for peaceful solution to conflict

'The present conflict is a suicidal situation in which Israel cannot survive,' Pope's representative in Jerusalem says, warning that stalemate poses danger to peace.

Quote:
Palestinian Christians warn that the current situation of no-war and no-peace with Israel is not sustainable in the long term, and say they want to see a resumption of Israeli-Palestinian negotiations, which have been frozen for more than a year.

Most Palestinians say they support non-violent resistance to achieve an independent state in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem, and some also encouraged the BDS (boycott, divestment and sanctions) movement which aims to make Israel pay an economic toll for its continued control over the West Bank and east Jerusalem.

Quote:

“The present conflict is a suicidal situation in which Israel cannot survive,” said Patriarch Michel Sabbah, the Latin Patriarch emeritus and first Palestinian to serve as the Pope's representative in the Holy Land.

“Israel cannot survive surrounded by enemies. BDS is a way of pressuring Israel to make peace. Israel needs a true friend who can pressure it to make peace.”

Quote:
Pastor Rami Khouri of the First Baptist Church in Bethlehem told The Media Line. “The situation is getting worse. We are losing a golden opportunity for negotiations, and this may be the last chance before the big war that is going to take place in the Middle East.”

He said the growth of radical Islam is frightening for all forces in the region that would want to see a peaceful resolution to both the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and to conflicts in the broader Middle East.

“There is more animosity and hatred on all sides,” he said. “A future war will start from here, then southern Lebanon, Syria and Iran and it will escalate into a big war.”

Quote:
Some Palestinian Christians say their primary identity is as Palestinians who are fighting for independence rather than as Christians.

“It’s not as Christians but as a nation and as a people that we face the same challenges,” Nora Carmi, from Kairos Palestine told The Media Line. “The greatest challenge is the ongoing Israeli occupation which can become extremely violent, does not respect international law, and can get away with anything.”

She accused the world of a double standard, citing the recent bombings in Paris at the Charlie Hebdo magazine and a kosher supermarket that left 17 people dead.

“The whole world protested what happened in Paris but when the same thing happens to a whole population nobody says anything,” she said, referring to Israel’s war with Hamas in the Gaza Strip that left almost 2200 Palestinians and 70 Israelis dead. “Yet as Christians we are forbidden to lose hope. Hope comes from our faith, and we continue to have faith that there will be peace here.”
ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 07:56 am
@ehBeth,
http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/insidestory/2014/12/continuing-plight-palestinian-christians-20141225193823950539.html

Quote:
Back in 1948, when Israel was established, Christians in Palestine made up around 18 percent of the population... Now it is around two percent only.
They have been faced with the same discriminatory policies as Muslim Palestinians, pushing thousands to leave Palestine. In a 2006 poll, Christians living in Bethlehem said Israeli aggression and occupation was the main cause of emigration.

Inside Story discusses the sufferings of Palestinian Christians under the Israeli occupation.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 07:59 am
@ehBeth,
http://rt.com/op-edge/227871-palestinian-orthodox-christian-bishop/

Quote:
Your Beatitude, what’s it like being the Palestinian bishop in the Holy Land?

Firstly, I’d like to confirm that I am the only Palestinian bishop in the Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem. A fellow bishop is serving in the city of Irbid in the north of Jordan; and there are also several Palestinian priests.

I take pride in belonging to this great religious institution that’s over 2,000 years old.

My church has been protecting the Christian presence in the Holy Land and the sacred items related to the life of Christ and Christian Church history.

I am proud of my religion and nationality, I am proud to belong to my fatherland. I am a Palestinian, and I belong to this religious people who are fighting for the sake of their freedom and dignity to implement their dreams and national rights.

I support Palestinians and share their cause and their issues. We the Palestinian Orthodox Christians are not detached from their hardships.

The Palestinian issue is a problem that concerns all of us, Christians and Muslims alike. It’s a problem of every free intellectual individual aspiring for justice and freedom in this world.

We the Palestinian Christians suffer along with the rest of Palestinians from occupation and hardships of our economic situation. Muslims and Christians suffer equally, as there is no difference in suffering for any of us. We are all living in the same complicated circumstances, and overcoming the same difficulties.

As a church and as individuals we protect this people, and we hope a day will come when Palestinians get their freedom and dignity.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 08:01 am
@ehBeth,
Republicans in Oklahoma want Sharia law.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 08:03 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Israeli aggression and occupation was the main cause of emigration.

Love the spin when you are talking about a nation that had been the subject of invasions from it birth and surrounded with nations and groups that had to this day openly declared their wish to wipe it off the face of the earth.

That dog is vicious as when you keep kicking it it will then bit you.

Israeli aggression my ass..........
ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 08:06 am
@BillRM,
Talk to the Palestinian Christians about their concerns.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 08:12 am
@Ionus,
Israel's behavior (what you are calling its "faults") is hurting the United States. Israel is undermining us on foreign policy and is damaging our interests in the region. Israel is the militarily and economically dominant power in the Middle East. It is obvious that they have quite a bit to do with the current problems in the region.

The US is paying a lot to cover for Israel, in money in international respect and in reduced leverage in the region.

Israel can't keep thumbing its nose at the US.
BillRM

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 08:19 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Talk to the Palestinian Christians about their concerns.

My my there are some anti-semitism Christians in the middle east how shocking but howabout talking to some Jews who had have their family members blown up by the poor poor Palestinians while using a bus or eating at a restaurant.

The control on the free movement of Palestinians in Israel was the direct outcome of decades of suicide attacks on men women and children.

Oh I forgot Jews are not supposed to be able to protect themselves.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 08:58 am
@maxdancona,
I agree with the aim of what you say, but as an independent country it is in charge of its own destiny, as is the USA . You seem to be complaining because they wont do what you tell them . Well, neither will the Palestinians .
maxdancona

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:05 am
@Ionus,
Israel depends on our military, economic and political support. They should think twice before defying the US in areas that impact US interests.
Ionus

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:08 am
@maxdancona,
They might think they have you over a barrel with all those rich Jews in the USA . This recent partisan activity is poorly thought out though .
oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:16 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Let's just talk about how this will happen Oralloy.
You will have 4 million people that Israel will need to fence in. Of course the people will want to leave, so you will have to top this fence with razor wire and build guard towers. You would want to ensure people wouldn't even think about escaping. Will they shoot people who try to escape?

The only fence in my proposal is the Security Fence. It fences Israel in, and fences the Palestinians out.

People caught sneaking across the fence into Israel will likely be machinegunned from a distance.

maxdancona wrote:
Of course people who aren't in the fence to begin with will need to be rounded up. I assume the police will need to go house to house to make sure that no one is hiding any Palestinians outside the designated Palestinian area.

The Palestinians are already in designated Palestinian areas.

The only other houses in the West Bank will be the settlers in Area C. If any settlers find Palestinians hiding in their homes, that'll be bad news for those hiding Palestinians.

maxdancona wrote:
This people trapped inside will need food and housing. Will they starve, or will Israel provide them with some sort of subsistence. Even basic gruel costs money, and there are 4 million people...

They already have housing. Where they get food and water is not my problem. However, I would imagine that Israel would allow food aid to be transported in, after it is inspected to prevent weapon smuggling.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:16 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
“The present conflict is a suicidal situation in which Israel cannot survive,” said Patriarch Michel Sabbah, the Latin Patriarch emeritus and first Palestinian to serve as the Pope's representative in the Holy Land.
“Israel cannot survive surrounded by enemies. BDS is a way of pressuring Israel to make peace. Israel needs a true friend who can pressure it to make peace.”

This patriarch character sounds like quite the Nazi.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:17 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Israel's behavior (what you are calling its "faults") is hurting the United States. Israel is undermining us on foreign policy and is damaging our interests in the region. Israel is the militarily and economically dominant power in the Middle East. It is obvious that they have quite a bit to do with the current problems in the region.
The US is paying a lot to cover for Israel, in money in international respect and in reduced leverage in the region.
Israel can't keep thumbing its nose at the US.

Good grief. Israel isn't doing a single thing wrong or untoward.

It is crap like this that destroyed the peace process. If you ever want to start over with a new peace process, that new peace process will have to be based on friendship towards Israel instead of spouting false accusations at them.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:18 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
They might think they have you over a barrel with all those rich Jews in the USA

It hardly only rich or any other type of Jews for that matter who are supporters of Israel in the US.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:04 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
It hardly only rich or any other type of Jews for that matter who are supporters of Israel in the US.

Israel enjoys popular support from the American people. Just because the progressives yell louder doesn't change that.
0 Replies