revelette2

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 07:11 am
Palestinian Tycoon Masri Seeking to Help Stop West Bank Collapse

0 Replies

NSFW (view)
Ionus

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 07:18 am
@BillRM,
Of course it was young William....9/11, Boston Marathon, Embassy Bombings, Skyjackings, any Arab/Muslim terror is acceptable so long as the Jews dont retaliate...but wait, didnt the USA invade 2 countries in retaliation ? Isnt that similar to the West Bank invasions ?
BillRM

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 07:20 am
@Ionus,
Please stop using logic on anti-semitisms it tend to cause them headaches.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 08:05 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
didnt the USA invade 2 countries in retaliation ? Isnt that similar to the West Bank invasions ?

Hell when Mexican revolution forces crossed the US border and shot up a US town we send at the time the whole Army along with every planes in an attempted to hunt them down.

footnote Patton even killed three Mexican "bandits" and carry them back to headquarters roped to the hood of his car in that invasion. Too bad as I know there is a picture of him posing in front of the bodies but I could not find it to post it here.

We was not going to allowed Mexicans to cross our borders and shot up our towns.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 08:36 am
One could argue Palestinian bombs Israel in retaliation of Israel's occupation and killing of Palestinians, which is the problem of retaliation, it goes on forever.
oralloy

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 08:56 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
One could argue Palestinian bombs Israel in retaliation of Israel's occupation and killing of Palestinians,

One could. That person would be a liar, however, given the fact that the Palestinian bombings were done not in response to Israeli aggression, but instead were done in response to fair Israeli offers of a return to 1967 borders.
Ionus

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 09:32 am
@revelette2,
If we go back to the cause, did the UN have the right to create Israel ? It can hardly be Israels fault for fighting for survival .

Palestine, Jordan and Israel were created from Transjordan lands . Jordan (renamed from Transjordan in 1949) immediately set about taking back Palestine (which the British supported) . Iraq and Jordan signed a Defence Pact which worried Egypt, Syria, and Saudi Arabia who saw the two having designs on Lebanon, the Hejaz (part of Arabia) and Syria next if Jordan took back Palestine .

When Israel was created each side set about massacring civilians . The rich Palestinians left for better places . The Arab nations decided to wipe Israel off the map, forgetting for now their differences . Despite having next to no equipment at the start, Israel held its own against the fully equipped and in many cases British trained Arabs . When the smoke cleared of the 1,200,000 Palestinian Arabs, 750,000 had fled due to the fighting or when forcibly removed by Israel . 700,000 Jews had been forcibly removed from European and Arab countries and told to live in Israel .

More than 1.4 million Palestinians still live in 58 recognized refugee camps, while more than 5 million Palestinians live outside Israel and the Palestinian territories. The camp occupants have been prevented from settling in Arab countries by pressure from the PLO and its descendants in order to maintain political pressure .

So...who is in the right ?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 09:47 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
No. The Jews are the indigenous population of the West Bank area.

Factually, the Jews and the Palestinians have common ancestors. Genetic studies have proven this. They are both the indigenous population of the West Bank and Israel because they are genetically the same race.
revelette2

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 09:53 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
If we go back to the cause, did the UN have the right to create Israel

Not really.

NSFW (view)
ehBeth

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 09:58 am
@revelette2,
Listened to an interesting program recently which reviewed all the options considered before Israel was settled on.

There was a long discussion at Abuzz about this many years ago. I wish nimh still posted here and could bring back all of the research he had on this.

there's an outline of some of the countries considered

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposals_for_a_Jewish_state

I recall (very dimly) learning about some of this in high school. Definitely need to bring my reading up to date on this.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 10:00 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

If we go back to the cause, did the UN have the right to create Israel ?

I've always been curious why they picked probably the most dangerous, most controversial location. As I noted just above I've got to bring my reading up to date on this.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 10:02 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
In truth Israel is the latest example of European colonialism.

No. The Jews are the indigenous population of the West Bank area.

You're confusing religious mythology with history.

"The Jews" are indigenous to where ever they and especially their ancestors professed the Jewish religion. The originators of Zionist ideology were indigenous to Europe.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 10:07 am
@BillRM,
Oh, more asinine assumptions. OK.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 10:10 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
You probably think that statement is full of facts but it is rather confusing .

Maybe someone can diagram it for you.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 03:33 pm
@InfraBlue,
Have you noticed how many people come to this site and spout their opinions as fact without any knowledge of history?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 03:39 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Have you noticed how many people come to this site and spout their opinions as fact without any knowledge of history?
I have certainly noticed how many people put down other peoples opinions without ever going to the work to delve into the facts/evidence.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 05:51 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
I've always been curious why they picked probably the most dangerous, most controversial location. As I noted just above I've got to bring my reading up to date on this.

Because that is the part of the world that they are indigenous to.

There. All up to date.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 05:51 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
You're confusing religious mythology with history.

No I'm not.

InfraBlue wrote:
"The Jews" are indigenous to where ever they and especially their ancestors professed the Jewish religion.

They are indigenous to the West Bank region.

InfraBlue wrote:
The originators of Zionist ideology were indigenous to Europe.

They are indigenous to the West Bank region.