https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TEkJezGRJPc
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 14,505 • Replies: 410

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 12:37 am
@gungasnake,
Testimonial is an invalid form of argument. A valid form of argument would be to surgically describe exactly what part of the theory is wrong, and that doesn't mean cutting and pasting an article.
FBM

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 01:09 am
@Brandon9000,
No surprise that the Youtube links to a creationist site: http://creation.com/evolutions-achilles-heels

Are those "15 PHD level [sic] scientists" getting their degrees in Biology? From a genuine university and not a creationsist diploma mill? Have they published their findings in peer-reviewed journals along with empirical data that entail (not just hypothetically allows) their conclusion?
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 01:53 am
No matter what the details, testimonial is not an argument.
farmerman

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 03:23 am
@FBM,
I see that some of the scientists are merely "quote mined" to make it appear that they are testifying against evolution.
others are scientists in other fields. Its creationist bullshit.
the real scientists are probably laughing if it werent so serious. Im not sure whether any of the guys who are real scientists are gonna sue for felonious misreprentation .
one of the guys shown was steve austen. he turned into a creationist immediately after he got his phd in radiological research. now , as a full time and handsomely paid shill for the discovery institute, he can preach all he wishes. He was caught in a scam trying to lead "Creationist field trip" to the Grand Canyon at the 2011 GSA conference. He was talking about the"Flood evidence: in specific series of stratigraphic units of the Canyon". Right in the middle of his featured units was a dune layer . Some tudents took his strat column apart and made him look kinda silly.
You don't need a phd, all you need is some degree of honesty in your work.
FBM

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 03:26 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Im not sure whether any of the guys who are real scientists are gonna sue for felonious misreprentation .

Not a bad idea there.
farmerman

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 05:59 am
@FBM,
Heres the 15 scientists. Maybe we can see what they do.

):

Dr Don Batten
Dr Peter Borger
Dr Stuart Burgess
Dr Rob Carter
Dr David Catchpoole
Dr John Hartnett
Dr Mark Harwood
Dr Matti Leisola
Dr Jim Mason
Dr Marcus Ross
Dr John Sanford
Dr Jonathan Sarfati
Dr Emil Silvestru
Dr Horace Skipper
Dr Tas Walker

izzythepush

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 06:24 am
@farmerman,
The first one is a doctorate in agriculture, and was a holy roller from the off.
http://creation.com/dr-don-batten-cv<br />
FBM

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 06:32 am
@izzythepush,
Holy ****. I taught a class of Agricultural Science majors a few years ago. I wanted to slit my wrists before midterms. I'm not trying to be intellectually arrogant here. I'm just saying that those were the most anti-intellectual people I've ever attempted to teach. They didn't know, didn't want to know, and were proud of both of those facts.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 06:42 am
@FBM,
That's hardly surprising. Gunga is grasping at straws. Number 2 on the list is also from the same godbotherers site, and I can find nothing that says what his Phd is in. Probably denying reality.
FBM

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 06:51 am
@izzythepush,
I wish I could say I'm surprised. Rolling Eyes
Olivier5

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 06:57 am
15 PhD level scientists? How many BSc level ones?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 07:10 am
@FBM,
Number 3 is an engineer. Also linked to godbotherers site.
Number 4 Marine Biology, ditto godbotherers. Godbotherer from an early age who became a scientist to disprove evolution.
Number 5 Agriculture. (again linked to same godbotherers site, so from now on I'll only mention it if they're not.)
Number 6 is a Physicist, (******* hell!)
Number 7 Engineering.
Number 8 Chemistry
Number 9 Engineering physics
Number 10 Paleontology
Number 11 Biology
Number 12 Chemistry
Number 13 Geology
Number 14 Microbiology
Number 15 Mechanical engineering

They're all linked to the godbotherers website, all appear to be religious nutters long before they entered academia. And most of them are Australian.
FBM

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 07:16 am
@izzythepush,
So, at most 4 of them (being generous) are even in a relevant field of study. Have any of them conducted any peer-reviewed research? If so, what was the peer response? What do the data suggest? The story is flaccid without that information. I see nothing credible presented so far, but I'm open to credible evidence if they can produce it.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 07:29 am
@FBM,
I'm done searching. If you want answers to your questions, that is if you really think there's any point, you're going to have to do it yourself.
FBM

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 07:32 am
@izzythepush,
Nah, thanks for your work. I don't see anything promising here. This one should just die a natural death, I think. Cheers.
farmerman

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 10:33 am
@FBM,
I was interested in Ross, who is a "paleontologist" teaching at Liberty University (Jerry Falwell U).
His wprk now conists of a silly bogus statistical trick that compresses any cladistics variability so that everything appears as a "kind".
The technique is called Baraminology , named by a Creationist mathematician in the 1940s. Its initial intent was to develop a species barrier that defined animals ala LEVITICUS.
Its all total bullshit and has been laughed at by rel science for being based upon an initial statement that GENESIIS is scientifically correct (although the Creationists will have no proof of anything)

ANYWAY , Ross is a US paleontologist BS PEnn State and PhD , U of Rhode Island.
Hes part of a faculty at Liberty U . Hes in the biology department where they DO NT teqch anything in Evolution. In fact, their bio program is totally devoid of any subjects that are relevant, and their programs in geo or paleo ARE NOT ACCREITED ANYWAY because they teach a religious basis to a naturalististically based sciences.

Ross was uncovered as one of the two "Field Trip " leaders who snuck into the 2010 GSA conference and sponsored a Field trip on the Grand CAnyon. They presented a Creationist view of the Canyon and were pretty much slamdunked by a bunch of grad students who showed Austing and Ross that, among the "Flood Deposit Formations" that they were trying to preach were results of the Noatic Flood, there exited two distinct ayers that ere deposited as sand dune (desert) deposits. Dunes, moraines and Loesses are two types of dry land deposits that collect and are preserved in the stratigraphic column. Preaching the "Flood" as a scientific paper was merely an attempt to "slip" this crap into a respected conference and get them published as a refereed topic. The field trips, it turned out, were NEVER juried or given any peer reviews by the conference board. They always looked on them as fun trips for students and nobody would attempt to **** with the program.
Well, ever since 2010 the GSA conferences review and peer review all the field trip stops and bases of the explanations, so this embarrassment doesn't happen again.

SO Dr Ross is a fraud , certified by the GSA (geological Society of AMerica).

Now Im gonna see about the geologist, if hes from Sndia Lbs, they have a whole knot of Creationists out there because the initial lab was not too discerning about geologists whose only job was to look for Uranium sands
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 11:11 am
@FBM,
the ones Id seen did peer reviewed research but they don't present anything "Creationist" they publish their work that has defined their careers.
For example, one of the ag guys published work on making different strains of Leeche nuts
izzythepush

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 11:17 am
Maybe the thread should be called, Why do educated men refuse to believe the evidence of their own eyes and still cling to superstitious beliefs?
coldjoint

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 11:44 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Why do educated men refuse to believe the evidence of their own eyes

Anyone who lives in the UK has 0 room to talk.
0 Replies