15 PHD level scientists say evolution is a bunch of bullshit

rosborne979

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 12:20 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
15 PHD level scientists say evolution is a bunch of bullshit
15 out of millions. Sounds good. Evolution still proven way beyond any reasonable doubt. Case still closed.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 01:08 pm
My question is why does Gungasnake keep trying to sell such Pseudoscience nonsense when by this time he should know that he will be attacked with overwhelming facts and logic?

Oh I see we are still are labeling any thread with the word bullshit in it title with the NSFW tags. Seems commonsense is lacking by others then Gungasnake on this website.
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 06:53 pm
@Brandon9000,
Evolution is not a theory, not at least as presented by Darwin. Now it is clear that evolution is a big part of out World, as it has made every organism what it is. However Darwin ignored where species came from, probably expecting some more intellectual person who came after him to fill in the blanks, but this never happened, and without an explanation for how life and species came to be, the Origin of the Species, a book that does not even try to deal with the origin of any species, is a fraud, and in fact quite silly.
farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 07:08 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
actually Darwin never proposed anything of which you speak . He does have some serious mistakes (like his heritability of a trait "dilutes" with successive generations) (based upon his silly BUT CORRECT mathematics) wheras genetics shows that gene transfer actually sustains the heritability of traits over generations.
Darwin suspected he fucked up with this but it doesn't destroy his theory. In fact, we now have a mechanism for one of his key points upon which he based his theory , that is" small incremental changes are heritable and transferred for generations".
We look at that as self evident nowadays but Creationists have no answer for it so they must try to uproot it.

good luck
FBM

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 07:09 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
You're conflating evolution with abiogenesis. Different field.
BillRM

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 07:23 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Interesting you came out of nowhere to joined this website to post your one posting.

We know there is a hell of a lot of well funded organizations who have agents to spread this nonsense on the web so my question is who are you working for?

My guess would be The Institute for Creation Research being the best funded but there are so many others to picked from.

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 07:31 pm
@farmerman,
There is no theory of evolution, evolution is a scientific fact. What is important, is not whether evolution happens, but how did species arise in order to evolve. Darwin, nor any of those who follow him today have any clue, they just ignore the topic as though it is not important. Darwin had his idea, the warm phosphoric salt pond that he wrote about to his friend Joseph Hooker, but he left this out of his book because it was as much nonsense then as it is now. Darwin never saw DNA, but now we know that the computer like code of DNA is the creator of evolution, what we do not know is how hundreds of thousands to billions of lines of DNA code wrote themselves, without a writer that had at least as much intelligence as the human race will in the near or distant future.
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 07:33 pm
@FBM,
No I am not, as I see no rational way to discuss the evolution of organisms that just popped onto the Earth out of nowhere. Thus abiogenesis, is part of evolution, or do you believe that finches just say flew in from another dimension..... Evolution without species to evolve is not a scientific theory, it is nonsense.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 07:36 pm
@BillRM,
There is always a first post, is there not? What nonsense are you inferring that I am spreading? Please be detailed, because one day your ideas may well be stored as binary code on a DNA thumb drive.......

You want to challenge me, this is good as this is how growth happens....!
FBM

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 07:48 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
The origins of life are not claimed to be an evolutionary process. Natural selection works on populations over generations, neither which would have existed prior to the appearance of life. Hence, those are treated by scientists as separate fields of enquiry. Creationists try to conflate them, often intentionally, in order to more easily muddy the water with their sloppy, magical claims.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 07:52 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:
... one day your ideas may well be stored as binary code on a DNA thumb drive.......

I'm not sure DNA is going to be the most efficient way to store binary data.

Evolution doesn't address abiogenesis, but the success of evolutionary theory is an implicit example of the functionality of purely natural processes, which undoubtedly resulted in abiogenesis. The only other alternative it poofism, and that's a non-starter.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 08:09 pm
@rosborne979,
It is not important if DNA is ever the best way to store binary data, as DNA was not designed to store binary data, it was created to store the chemical data that is used to build living organisms. What is important, is that DNA has now been proved to be a storage medium, and is now the first known chemical hard drive. The implication, is that you and I are composed of single cells, each one having been proved to have computer like storage, that enables it to do it's work. Seriously, this is what humans have been inventing since the first transistor vacuum tube was either on or off. It's also like the movie the Turner Show, where now we see that we are actually machines, with data storage and brains that use electricity to transmit thoughts as binary computers also do. The World is changing, those still babbling about finches are completely lost in time and in life as well. If we are made in the image of God, and this is the DNA image of God, then we can write DNA, and will one day, just as easily as we create dog breeds today.
FBM

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 08:16 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Quote:
If we are made in the image of God...

If this is your first premise, then you'd need to defend it first, before we can be concerned with your conclusion.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 08:23 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

Evolution is not a theory, not at least as presented by Darwin. Now it is clear that evolution is a big part of out World, as it has made every organism what it is. However Darwin ignored where species came from, probably expecting some more intellectual person who came after him to fill in the blanks, but this never happened, and without an explanation for how life and species came to be, the Origin of the Species, a book that does not even try to deal with the origin of any species, is a fraud, and in fact quite silly.

You couldn't be more wrong. First, evolution is a theory. A theory is a belief which is has been verified. Evolution has been verified by a comparison between predictions and fact. Secondly, you apparently don't know what the theory of evolution says, because it also explains where species first came from. The only part of this which is possibly not completely covered by the theory is the very first step. It is likely, however, that after hundreds of millions of years, after countless chemical reactions in the oceans, a molecule arose by chance that copied itself. This molecule would have been much, much simpler than DNA. Once this happened, accidents occurred from time to time in the making of these copies. These accidents were usually detrimental but occasionally helpful. Natural selection served to eliminate the detrimental changes and propagate the helpful ones. Eventually, the accumulation of improvements resulted in the first cell, then sometime later, the first multicellular organism, and so on. Now, billions of years later, after the accumulation of countless tiny improvements, we have our present set of species.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 08:41 pm
@FBM,
If, defines the statement as a question. Questions do not have to be defended, only things that are presented as statements of fact.
FBM

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 08:43 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Beginning a sentence with "if" does not make it an interrogative. In logical argumentation, it signals the first premise of a hypothetical syllogism. Now you need to defend that premise before we can be concerned with your conclusion.
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 08:47 pm
@Brandon9000,
Evolution is a scientific fact, every selectively evolved animal species proves this. Darwin's theory only works for the evolution of already existing species, and the Origin of the Species does not even try to get into where the species came from in the first place in order to evolve. The constant problem that creeps up over and over, is that there is not one definition of either evolution, or intelligent design, there seem to be almost as many meanings of these as there are people to interpret them. Furthermore saying that a theory is a belief that has been verified makes absolutely no sense, as once a belief has been verified, it's scientific fact and no longer a theory, try using a dictionary next time.
FBM

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 08:50 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Quote:
Reference:
What is a Scientific Theory?
Kim Ann Zimmerman, LiveScience Contributor | July 10, 2012 02:07am

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step—known as a theory—in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon.

http://www.livescience.com/21491-what-is-a-scientific-theory-definition-of-theory.html
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 09:03 pm
@FBM,
Claiming that evolution is a theory, is like saying that my pure bred dog is a theory. I assure you that she is real, and not a theory, she ran next to me for 6 miles today. If you want to run alongside her, I can prove to you that she is no theory. What Charles Darwin proposed however, is nothing as he ignores where the finches came from in the first place, do you not know this?

Sheeshes
rosborne979

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 09:05 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:
Darwin's theory only works for the evolution of already existing species

That statement is inaccurate. A Species is simply a distinction (of a population) along a continuous sequence of variation.

It's more accurate to say the Evolution only works with already existing replicative molecules, because replication is one of the basic requirements of the process. Variation and selection also have to occur, but those must be preceded by replication.