maxdancona

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 06:28 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Yes, and so appropriate to your character. The topic of the thread is not the slighting of female dogs.

I love your sense of humor Setanta. You are all right.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 06:30 pm
You, however, are a mess.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 06:51 pm
@Setanta,
Since we are just joking around now... I found this to be pretty funny.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8aeb78deb2/10-hours-of-walking-in-nyc-as-a-man
neologist

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 07:23 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You are not the first to offer such advice. I guess wee'll just have to wait until he wears his fingers out.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 09:37 pm
@maxdancona,
I guess that's why God says the majority is always wrong.

Matt 7:13-14
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
(NKJ)

maxdancona

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 09:40 pm
@Squeakybro,
Well, the majority says that God is wrong. It's a good thing we live in a Democracy, isn't it? Otherwise God might always get His way.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 12:07 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

Womens Lib

I was watching that 700 club awhile back and they said that all marriage sins are up by 800 percent now. And that the divorce rate is at 65 percent now. Does any of these women accept responsibility for this yet? Womens lib came out in the middle 70s and it is destroying the american family unit. Now they want to put a women in the white house and give her awhole lot of authority over a man. It looks like satan is having alot of fun with women now.

1 Tim 2:12-14
12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.
(NKJ)

1 Tim 5:6
6 But she who lives in pleasure is dead while she lives.
(NKJ)

Rom 14:22
22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 14:33-37
33 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.
34 Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says.
35 And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church.
36 Or did the word of God come originally from you? Or was it you only that it reached?
37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord.
(NKJ)

Eph 5:22-23
22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.
(NKJ)

Eph 5:24
24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
(NKJ)

Titus 2:3-6
3 the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things--
4 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.
6 Likewise exhort the young men to be sober-minded,
(NKJ)

And we know that a Christian can condemn themselves in what they approve. Like women in authority, homosexuals, puting children first. Men that agree with the womens lib have sold their birthright.

Gen 25:31-33
31 But Jacob said, "Sell me your birthright as of this day."
32 And Esau said, "Look, I am about to die; so what is this birthright to me?"
33 Then Jacob said, "Swear to me as of this day." So he swore to him, and sold his birthright to Jacob.
(NKJ)

Heb 12:16-17
16 lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright.
17 For you know that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought it diligently with tears.
(NKJ)

Dear squeaky toy, please just keep your eyes glued to the 700 club and stay there. I have some hope for you since you refuse to be to mislead my any crazed female evangelists. You must ignore them , they are perverting the Old Testament and the Radicalized Islam. I'm much more comfortable with you sticking strictly to male superiority, because you really suck at being a human being.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 12:47 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
Probably because they have to put up with paranoid men like you.

That's funny Izzy. The Original Poster predicted that she would be the target of personal attacks. She was incorrect.

So far the only personal attacks on this thread have come from you and Setanta (both arguing in favor of feminism).

I love irony.

I wouldn't call that irony, I'd say one difficult confused man who somehow thinks 15 year old boys are getting cat calls by fat middle aged lady construction works, telling them (I'm going to leave out the vulgar things I heard walking home from school when I was 12) is somehow happening at the same rate that girls as young as 12 are hearing. Frankly, you should worry more about boys intent on testing their own superior power over younger boys. Do you really think they content with being older and stronger? Start worrying about your boys being raped by older boys they play sports with, or go to college with or any number of special fraternities they wish to belong. Women aren't allowed in those ceremonies.

So She was right Max, you trotted out your weakest arguments, and you went after her. Neither Izzy or Setanta argued against her,,,,or are you ready to admit that you don't like the word 'feminism' because it means angry women coming after you (in your max world). The op was spot on, she did get a ton of flak for insisting she is more than what some men limit to her.

Young people can live up to or down to expectations their parents or teachers provide. And when I say young people, I mean boys and girls. Full disclosure here, I only raised boys. I don't want them to squander their lives by assuming their are always mentally superior to non-males.

My props to the OP.
Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 03:18 am
@maxdancona,
I posted a remark addressed to the author about the OP. You came along to attempt to pick a fight because you're obsessed with how feminists are out to get you, or some such witless paranoia. I wasn't talking about you, i wasn't talking to you, i wasn't talking for your benefit.

Don't try to pretend you're my buddy now. If you don't like the remarks i make to and about you, then don't start sh*t with me.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 05:45 am
I agree that the world we lack in lacks balance in the view of men/women. Women are oppressed, religion has been one of the mediums that have been used to support this. Men are also at times disadvantaged, for instance in parental rights, paternity leave etc.
my personal belief on the matter is that men and women were created to be complimentary, they were equal, and each with a role, neither was to dominate the other as is the case today.
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 06:29 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 06:35 am
Karen Straughn is a rockstar Smile

maxdancona

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 07:51 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
So She was right Max, you trotted out your weakest arguments, and you went after her. Neither Izzy or Setanta argued against her,,,,or are you ready to admit that you don't like the word 'feminism' because it means angry women coming after you (in your max world).

Here we go again. Back to the echo chamber.

I would love to be able to have a reasonable discussion about the issues surrounding feminism. To do this, I have to be able to question feminism.... and if you want to be part of a reasonable discussion, you do to.

Once you start treating feminism as sacred, an ideology that should not be questioned, then any rational discussion is impossible. And that is what is happening... I haven't attacked anyone (or as you said "gone after her"). I have simply voiced my opinion.

Sure, I do not accept feminism. In my opinion (and the opinion of many American men and women) it goes far beyond equality to ideas that make us uncomfortable.

Your posts like this, Glitterbag, you are going to get thumb us. Shutting down a dissenting opinion about feminism will get wild agreement and complete support from 23% of American women and 16% of men.

In threads like this you will get an echo chamber effect. The people here (who are mostly part of the 23%) will agree with you enthusiastically and anyone who questions (however nice he trying to be) will be thumbed down and denigrated.

If echo chamber is what you all want. I am happy to quietly exit and leave you all to pat each other on the back about how right you all are. Echo chambers can be very comforting. But they don't leave any room for meaningful discussion or dialog.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 08:00 am
@nononono,
A rock star?

They don't make them like they used to...

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 08:01 am
@glitterbag,

FOR THE MUSLIM (Started 622AD)

John 10:1-4

1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 "To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4 "And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
Luke 21:8
8 And He said: "Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time has drawn near.' Therefore do not go after them.
Mark 13:6
6 "For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and will deceive many.
John 8:28-29
28 Then Jesus said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things.
29 "And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him."
Acts 4:11-12
11 "This is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.'
12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
John 3:16-21
16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 "For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
21 "But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."
I Jn 5:11-13
11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.
John 15:2-8
2 "Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3 "You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
4 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
6 "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
8 "By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
II Jn 1:8-11
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
Gal 1:6-9
6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel,
7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)
XXXXX Until Jesus is exalted in your mind as the Son of God, you cant know the true living God. The only way to the true living God is through the Son Jesus Christ.

Matt 10:33-34
33 "But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.
(NKJ)

I Jn 2:22-23
22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.
23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:27-28
27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
28 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
(NKJ)

John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
(NKJ)

Rom 2:12-25
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,
15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
17 Indeed you are called a Jew, and rest on the law, and make your boast in God,
18 and know His will, and approve the things that are excellent, being instructed out of the law,
19 and are confident that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness,
20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, having the form of knowledge and truth in the law.
21 You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal?
22 You who say, "Do not commit adultery," do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
23 You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law?
24 For "The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you," as it is written.
25 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.
(NKJ)

Luke 20:46-47
46 "Beware of the scribes, who desire to walk in long robes, love greetings in the marketplaces, the best seats in the synagogues, and the best places at feasts,
47 "who devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation."
(NKJ)

Matt 6:5-8
5 "And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.
6 "But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.
7 "And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8 "Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.
(NKJ)

2 Pet 2:14
14 having eyes full of adultery and that cannot cease from sin, beguiling unstable souls. They have a heart trained in covetous practices, and are accursed children.
(NKJ)

Matt 12:30
30 "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:27
27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
(NKJ)

Matt 23:14-15
14 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.
15 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.
(NKJ)

I Jn 5:9-12
9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of God which He has testified of His Son.
10 He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son.
11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
(NKJ)

I Jn 2:22-23
22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.
23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
(NKJ)

John 3:16-18
16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
(NKJ)
maxdancona

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 08:04 am
@Squeakybro,
Could you start another thread for this Squeakybro instead of spamming this one? I promise I will come and play.

You are making Jesus look bad... no one likes a spammer (even if he is the son of God).
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 08:10 am
@maxdancona,
Its apparent you don't think much of the Son of God.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 08:11 am
@Squeakybro,
Start another thread, and I will discuss that with you.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 08:12 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro of Nazareth.

Has a certain ring to it, I must say.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 08:17 am
@Lordyaswas,
That has to be the greatest compliment I have ever received.