Kolyo

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 10:03 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

Wow look at the power of just one verse. It has aroused all your little demons.

There are other ways to "arouse demons" besides inanely taking Bible verses out of context.

For instance, I'm sure glitterbag would be just as upset if you started smearing your own fecal matter all over the walls of a public place.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 10:07 pm
@Squeakybro,
ooooh you said aroused
glitterbag

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 10:11 pm
@ehBeth,
I feel violated, squeakybro is fraught with sin, it's oozing out of him. I'll pray for your enlightenment and also your ability to graduate from adolescence, you sanctimonious hump.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 08:37 am
@glitterbag,
lol I don't know what god you pray to but it isn't the one in scripture. Because He is the one that your fighting against. He is the one that said

James 2:9
9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
(KJV)

glitterbag

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 02:08 pm
@Squeakybro,
"Convinced of the law"

You seem a tad confused, and you're incredibly rude. Why aren't you busy praying? Oh, of course, you're too busy looking for sin. I think you can relax, God sees everything, especially you.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 03:23 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
@glitterbag,
Not really.

James 2:9
9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
(KJV)

Anyone who quotes scripture should keep in mind the context. James was writing about partiality toward one group of people at the expense of another group. Specifically, he was condemning discrimination against the poor. He was not talking about respecting all individuals. He was talking about social discrimination.

In a sense, I'm not taking sides here or trying to discourage anyone.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 03:36 pm
@wmwcjr,
Well that is your opinion, and you do have the right to be wrong. I won't take that away from you. Here is a whole revelation on it.
RESPECT
James 2:8-10
8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well;
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
Matt 6:1-4
1 "Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 "Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.
3 "But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
4 "that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.
Matt 25:40-41
40 "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.'
41 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Matt 25:45-46
45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'
46 "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
Gal 1:10
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
James 4:4
4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
(NKJ)
>>> If you show respect to anyones person you commit sin. Their person is their outer person, their feelings and emotions. But you should show respect to ones possition or authority.

1 Tim 5:4
4 But if any widow has children or grandchildren, let them first learn to show piety at home and to repay their parents; for this is good and acceptable before God.
(NKJ)

1 Pet 2:18-19
18 Servants, be submissive to your masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the harsh.
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
(NKJ)

Rom 13:1-2
1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.
2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 03:36 pm
@wmwcjr,
Not to mention the KJV error. Nearly all translations render the passage as "convicted by the law." But squeaks has an entity that prefers 17th century English and corresponding textual bias.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 03:56 pm
@neologist,
I'm curious how this relates to the original poster's experience and why she is a feminist.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 03:56 pm
@neologist,
Its good that you have that intellect to fall back on.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 05:58 pm
@ehBeth,
It's called Feed, Feed, Feed, to the tune of Chain of Fools.

It's not so much the trolls that kill a2k, but the feed lot.

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 06:36 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm sorry to have participated in the diversion of this worthwhile thread.
I heard a squeak and thought it should be oiled.

Mea Culpa.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 06:48 pm
@neologist,
I decided to employ the sacred ignore button, it's proof that God loves us. Or am I thinking of beer?
engineer

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 07:00 pm
@glitterbag,
God shows his love in multiple ways.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 07:08 pm
@engineer,
Amen brother
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 04:43 pm
@engineer,
God doesn't say that. That must just be your idea of what you want God to be.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 06:06 pm
@glitterbag,
Thank you God, for the sacred ignore function.

Since I pay the same property tax, income tax, I'd be nuts not to be a feminist. I'm required to maintain my property, control my dogs, I pay the same price for lettuce as my husband does. So, what's the problem?
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 07:02 pm
@glitterbag,
That is an oxymoron. You cant be a Christian woman and be a feminist both. You must choose one or the other.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 09:14 pm
@glitterbag,
Feminist is not a dirty word. For me it means being treated with respect, not dismissed as an addled individual because I have ovaries instead of a prostate. It also means I treat men with respect, not superiority. When I'm in charge I lead, when some one else is in charge, I follow. I know and respect many men and women I have met or worked with. I don't believe in wasting talent, I hope I always choose the right person for promotion. I also learned that if your employees can count on your respect and support, they will soar.

A smart manager will encourage the workforce to excel, it's good for them and it is definitely good for you. Frankly, I didn't understand that ratio right off the bat. My first management position was a little intimidating, my managers expected a good performance, and I needed my people to perform or I would have been a lousy manager. I was fortunate during my working career, I always managed to find a way to incentivize people. But, I learned from some of the best, some were women and some were men, I'm grateful to all the people who mentored me.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 09:16 pm
@glitterbag,
Well I guess you can make up your own definition.

Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

0 Replies