Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminism by FCKH8.com

chai2

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 11:07 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Actually, I watched and heard less than a third. I think somebody said they were selling tee shirts. I guess the ad missed its purpose for me, cuz I had no idea they were even selling something.

Then you should have watched the entire ad.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 11:32 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
The word **** is not just said by low-life, trailer trash, on the dole, street walking dregs of society.

Exactly, who'd have thought Hugh Laurie would have got away with this?
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 12:41 pm
@chai2,
Do I have to break down why saying "dirty" words is a part of life? Fine.

The words ****, ****, ass, dick, pussy, damn, **** and so on are healthy for us because of these things:

http://www.air4health.net/gfx/ions-pic.jpg

On a super-atomic scale: http://planetfacts.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Life-Cycle-of-a-Star.gif

The positive ions and the negative ions do not determine your intelligence. There are geniuses that have spoken a very dirty language; in those words, they cleaned up this world with greatness. These people that spoke the "dirty language" did far more than the people that speak the "clean language". Here's the science behind it.

When you speak dirty, you are speaking a mix of both: clean and dirty. You are honest with both sides of your character and are freely communicating your positive/negative impulses.

When you speak clean, you are speaking only one side of life's two dualistic subatomic particles, which makes you "half of a person". There is a 100% scientific factor behind this that tells me that anyone who is 100% positive, is indeed 100% nothing. Two negatives equal a positive - it's the chaos and the dirty parts of the world that transcends into the peace and the distinctive parts of the world. If there weren't any negatives, there wouldn't be any positives. Thus, scientifically speaking, living the "positive life" is a logical fallacy.

That is why, in my personal sex life, I am very feral, but at the same time, I am very loyal. A mix between Man and Beast; Positive and Negative.

That is why during sex, you dump out your negatives to create one great positive.

These "dirty words" are more important to our lifestyles than "positive people" give them credit for. It's the "positive people" that lose their patience faster than the "negative people". It's not okay to be 100% negative/positive, but it's okay to be both.

Let your inner electrons out! **** the positive people - they do nothing positive - they are the definition of "life created from negative particles". We are their overlords! **** their damn complaints. They are dicks and pussies that cannot handle higher decibels of sound. They tremble at the sound of ferocity and power! Let them know who's boss! They are just cunts full of **** who cannot give life because they are, well, full of ****!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 03:58 pm
@chai2,
Why?

The purpose of an ad is to sell people something and that something can be a product, a service or even an idea.

The manner in which ads do this successfully is to capture the viewer's attention, clearly define what it is selling, and to leave the viewer with either a favorable impression of what is being sold or the desire to learn more about it.

This particular ad succeeds in one respect. It catches the viewer's attention. If the viewer turns it off because it is offensive, silly or boring then the ad has failed in it's purpose.

Do you believe because the ad, purportedly, conveyed an important message that viewers are required to see it through to the end? If so, it might help if the first things viewers see is a message that says:

Quote:
THIS COMMERCIAL IS ABOUT AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE. NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE WAY IT CONVEYS THAT MESSAGE, IT IS NECESSARY THAT YOU PAY ATTENTION AND WATCH IT TO THE END. (Taking notes wouldn't be a bad idea too) - THANK YOU.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 04:15 pm
This controversy closely tracks the one over Sia using a cute 11 yo girl in a leotard to sell her very dark song Chandelier. In the end it was more or less embraced, but there was some considerable squealing about wrapping up a kid in such a project weather the kid and her people wanted to be or not.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 04:18 pm
Somehow, I knew that this discussion would eventually focus (in the main or on a well trodden sidetrack) on the propriety of swearing, and allegations would be launched concerning it's use or refusal to use.

Profanity is pervasive (perhaps too pervasive) but it can serve a legitimate purpose in communication. Clearly not every one who uses profanity is from the wrong side of the tracks (Our very own VP famously told our President, over a hot mike, "This is a big ******* deal!" when Obamacare was signed into law), but there is nothing particularly hip about using it and certainly not when it is used profusely and gratuitously. People who prefer not to use it or who find it jarring and offsetting when they hear it are not perforce tight-assed prudes who are either hopelessly out of touch or elitists who look down on the *******-A common man.

It's perfectly reasonable for someone to object to this ad simply because of it's use of profanity but that is not the #1 reason for objecting to it. Pre-teen girls using profanity is.

As for the message, I have known plenty of women in business who object to the use of profanity in the workplace, and not simply because of their sensibilities, but because they see it as a way that men try to intimidate and/or exclude women from important discussions. A lot of the times, they were right. There is no reason why a woman (or a man for that matter) should feel compelled to swear like a trooper because her boss can't express himself (or herself) in a uniformly, socially accepted fashion.

It is never necessary to describe falling sales with expletives, and no one proves they have what it takes by saying "****" in the boardroom.

One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 04:21 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You

Are

Boring.

I Explained The Science Behind It Already.

Nobody Cares About What You Have To Say About It
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 04:40 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

CalamityJane wrote:

We obviously come from different walks of life.

Do you have any idea how elitist that sounds?

cj, I respect you very much, I really do.

However, at times like these I realize what a sheltered environement you live in.

The word **** is not just said by low-life, trailer trash, on the dole, street walking dregs of society.

It's used by all walks of society. The rich, the famous, those with political clout.

This is what I meant in a previous post when I said innocence is not an attractive attribute.

I actually meant it along the lines that I had not grown up in the United States and have a different perspective on things, despite living here for many many years (gladly I might add). Nonetheless, I was taught at home to not use vulgar language and I taught the same to my child. I am sure, she uses it outside of my house, now that she's older, but when she was at the age of these girls in the video, she spoke proper English - I made sure of that.

I know that movies nowadays use "****" at least 984 times in the span of 90 minutes, but again, they don't have underage girls promoting such a language in movies. This video is wrong on so many levels BECAUSE it features little girls. It sends the wrong message to anyone who takes feminism seriously.

Give me Abigail Adams, Gloria Steinem, Susan B. Anthony, Sarah Weddington, etc. and they all paved the road for women towards equality. They did it with wit, smarts and dedication to the cause. I admire their tenacity to help all of us.

Compared to them and their work, this video is an insult to all women.
Germlat

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 02:52 pm
@CalamityJane,
You rock girl!! I love honesty.
Pearlylustre

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 04:46 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
Give me Abigail Adams, Gloria Steinem, Susan B. Anthony, Sarah Weddington, etc. and they all paved the road for women towards equality. They did it with wit, smarts and dedication to the cause. I admire their tenacity to help all of us.

Compared to them and their work, this video is an insult to all women.

How is comparing someone's life work to a t-shirt ad relevant? It's an ad! I have a friend who makes and sells t-shirts with anti-whaling messages on them but she's not pretending she's up there with Greenpeace and the Sea Shepherd. But maybe if there is a point to bringing well-known feminists into the discussion it's that after all their valuable contributions we still do have inequality and women being judged on their looks - and that's what is insulting to all women, not these kids saying ****.

hingehead

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 04:54 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
I love honesty.

I wasn't aware anyone was being dishonest.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 04:59 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Quote:
... we still do have inequality and women being judged on their looks

I don't think this statement makes sense. How is judging women on their looks insulting to women? Many women feel empowered by their looks. Many women do the judging.

And men are judged on their looks at least as much as woman (as an aging balding man with a bulging midriff I can personally attest to this).

Once feminism bumps into reality, it starts having problems. Of course it isn't only feminism, most of the doctrines that end in "ism" do the same.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 05:06 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Quote:
I love honesty.

I wasn't aware anyone was being dishonest.

No...but some were severely honest!!! I like that.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 05:52 pm
@Pearlylustre,
What? They don't just sell t-shirts, they have a message too! Didn't you hear anything in between the "****" words ? Perhaps you skipped to the end where they advertise t-shirts?

The entire video was about womens' rights, equality and emancipation of women. In the end they sell t-shirts advertising what they preached beforehand.

By the way, if I think anti-whaling I think Sea Sheppard - then again, maybe you don't. This doesn't mean it's not implied.

If I am judged by my looks with equal pay - who cares! Everyone gets judged by their looks, men too!
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 05:52 pm
@Germlat,
Thank you, Germlat! I usually tell it like it is Wink
Germlat

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 05:55 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Thank you, Germlat! I usually tell it like it is Wink

You're ok by me!!
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 07:09 pm
@CalamityJane,
That wasn't really the point. Of course they have a message but for you to make a comparison between a t-shirt slogan and the entire life's work of Gloria Steinem is ridiculous. That was the point about the anti-whaling t-shirts as well. I'm sorry if my post wasn't written clearly enough.
I'm not going to argue about this anymore - we aren't ever going to agree.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 07:58 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Pearlylustre wrote:
I'm not going to argue about this anymore - we aren't ever going to agree.

We definitely agree here Smile
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 07:20 am
@CalamityJane,
Thank you Jane. You said what I was trying to say... and you got upthumbed in the process.

(Wait just a second here! Am I being judged by my looks?)
Olivier5

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 08:27 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
This controversy closely tracks the one over Sia using a cute 11 yo girl in a leotard to sell her very dark song Chandelier. In the end it was more or less embraced, but there was some considerable squealing about wrapping up a kid in such a project weather the kid and her people wanted to be or not.

Maddie Ziegler's dancing was a revelation to me... This girl has humongous talent and I am happy I saw what she does in that video. In fact I watch it every time my son has it up on TV. Find it fascinating... Anyone criticizing this vid must have missed its artistic value.

As for the "Potty-Mouthed Princesses", what I don;t get is why are they dressed in these princesses dresses? And why is the boy in the end also dressed like that? Those dresses look very non-gender-neutral to me... Seems to contradict the message.