25
   

Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminism by FCKH8.com

 
 
Lustig Andrei
 
  4  
Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:19 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
The word feminism is in my mind associated with anti-male, angry dogma of the kind you see in this video. I don't want anything to do with feminism. At least not as the word is commonly used.


That is not how "the word is commonly used." That is how you use it.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:20 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
The word feminism is in my mind associated with anti-male, angry dogma of the kind you see in this video. I don't want anything to do with feminism. At least not as the word is commonly used.


That is not how "the word is commonly used." That is how you use it.


Sure, but I think that is how most people use it. The feminism brand is defined by the words and actions of people associated with feminism. Feminism clearly has an image problem, largely due to the words and actions of people who identify themselves as feminists.




maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:31 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
"Feminism" is a brand name for a set of ideologies. If it wasn't, then it wouldn't be so important to use the word.

If I say "I believe in equality for men and women" that should be enough for anyone. And yet, here I am with people insisting that I attach the label "feminist" to myself.

In feminism the label is more important than the purported ideal. The gay rights movement never did that. The civil rights movement never did that. I think feminism is unique in this.
0 Replies
 
Lustig Andrei
 
  4  
Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:41 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Lustig Andrei wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
The word feminism is in my mind associated with anti-male, angry dogma of the kind you see in this video. I don't want anything to do with feminism. At least not as the word is commonly used.


That is not how "the word is commonly used." That is how you use it.


Sure, but I think that is how most people use it. The feminism brand is defined by the words and actions of people associated with feminism. Feminism clearly has an image problem, largely due to the words and actions of people who identify themselves as feminists.


I don't think so. I know that when I use the word I don't associate it with "anti-male, angry dogma". I associate feminism with a striving for respect and for equality of opportunity with men. I believe that is how most people understand the word. If you agree with that, you are a feminist.
hingehead
 
  3  
Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:42 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I have already given at least one example.


Well no, you haven't. Not one example of a doctrine that every feminist follows.
0 Replies
 
hingehead
 
  3  
Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:48 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
You are so black and white
Your list was full of sexist pressuppositions.

You have refused three times a polite requests for information about the biological difference in women's hearts that 'doctors are aware of'.

You think the strongest woman is weaker than the weakest male?

That's plainly wrong. The list of traits you gave as female and male is laughable - even you had to back track on this:

Quote:
So yes, perhaps JRR and JK don't fit the frame, but they are the minority, now aren't they?


Well, no, I don't think males who can imagine worlds are vastly outnumbered by women as you asserted. I don't think it has anything do with gender biologically. What are the gender percentages of fantasy writers?

And then you bring prostitutes into it? WTF?
One Eyed Mind
 
  0  
Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:52 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Nobody is anything but a human being. You don't become the idea, unless you are unbelievably submissive, that you let an abstract aspect consume your ethos.

When you talk to someone who isn't characteristically deprived, they don't say "I am", they say "It's like this". IT. They don't label themselves. They don't wear ideas. They understand the importance of their individuality and ideologies as two differentiating components of perception and identity.

Idiots look like this: (Something(Self)Else).

Intellects look like this: (Something Else) / (Self)

0 Replies
 
One Eyed Mind
 
  0  
Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:00 am
@hingehead,
I'm the last person on this planet to call black and white.

I work with the Universe.

You are the one who called me sexist out of the blue when I wrote an argument you could not fight. I won. You lost. Nobody said anything about beating females - you did, because you're full of delusion and hatred. This is the result of a doctrine consuming you. When a system takes emotions and places them over reasons, that's when you need to high-tail it out of there before you lose yourself to drama and propaganda.

You have refused to do a second of research for yourself. You refuse to understand the facts for yourself. I'm not your daddy, kid. If you were a doctor and were giving life to a female's heart in the same way you would for a male's heart, you would be sued, fired and your brain will be ashamed of itself for the rest of its life span. Because you would kill a woman's heart by treating it like a man's heart. You are so blinded by this doctrine that you don't how scientifically illiterate you are! Women are subatomically different from men. Their bodies are biologically designed differently. Their brains have different functions for different purposes dependent on their universal personalities we call "male" and "female". Ancient people wrote many things like "anima" and "animus" because females and males are different. They will always be different. We will never be equal as males and females. But we can be equal as human beings in terms of shared freedom. Get your **** straight, HH.
hingehead
 
  2  
Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:01 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
It's so depressing to see HH get sucked up by this propaganda. I mean hell, HH just calls you a sexist when they can't win an argument. That, my friend, is the symbol of cowardice.


a) you are horrendously wrong if you think this 'propaganda' made me a feminist - my initial post was to see what other's reactions were to it - as I said in my initial post "Understandably opinion is widely divided on it" and " I think it raises a couple of interesting issues, intentionally and unintentionally."

b) your list was sexist, you said:
OEM wrote:
women are complicated and never keep a consistent train of thought or idea.

women and men are subatomically designed differently right down to their hearts

Men are terrible at understanding emotions and feelings.

Men are terrible at imagining worlds compared to a woman's imagination



Quote:
Anyone that calls you X, when you don't conform to Y, is a victim to a doctrine.


Not great at algebra are you? Or syllogisms.

Let's play. I call you a vertebrate because you don't conform to the definition of invertebrate.

So I'm the victim of which doctrine?

One Eyed Mind
 
  0  
Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:08 am
@hingehead,
You called me a sexist and accused me of saying anything remotely close to beating a female.

Nothing else needs to be said. Your attitude is a representation of your practice.

I want nothing to do with you, as long as you continue to lie to yourself and deny the scientific facts that differentiate females from males. Just because we're different doesn't mean anybody should treat anyone unfairly. The same applies to people's skin color, but that's not what you care about, now is it? You're so emotionally committed to this, that you forget about every other problem!

I remember every problem because I don't get sucked up by my emotions and my hatred. I am always on top of social issues day in and day out. You couldn't say the same! You are too personal to comprehend the universal. You are too emotional to comprehend the reasonable. You don't care about this world like I do. Do not even think about pretending you do, because your ignorance towards the difference between a male's heart and a female's heart makes you a borderline murderer. Do not ever become a doctor - this doctrine will kill women. Then if you say "well we just won't treat the heart differently, but everything else should be equal!", you have admitted to the scientific fact that the female body and the male body are physiologically designed differently based on universal purposes and roles. You lose either way - step down from the podium now!
0 Replies
 
hingehead
 
  2  
Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:09 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
All fair points Finn and you are alluding to one of the interesting things that the video raised for me (unintentionally).

Taboo language. It evolves. How long before this video is seen as innocuous as we would be of a 19th century tableau that involved someone yelling 'Go to blazes you drafted boat-licker!'

The young girls swearing is confronting - but it's not as rare as you'd like to think - at least in my somewhat limited experience - but I do occasionally get about in some seriously disadvantaged communities - kids ape their parents.

It was definitely done for shock value. I know nothing about what the funds are used for but the T-Shirt isn't offensive

http://www.lookhuman.com/render/product/1324/1324290986783888/2329triblk-w800h800z1-20075-girls-just-wanna-have-fun-fundamental-rights-white-ink-vintage.jpg
hingehead
 
  2  
Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:14 am
@One Eyed Mind,
What a black and white approach, to conflate gender equality with biological sameness. Lazy. Simple.

Hard to find a link was it? - I thought you knew how to google.

And now you're my daddy and I'm a kid - but I'm the calling you things out of the blue. Sigh, this one's for you

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/29/35/f8/2935f8fb30de7c5e18096588b44ac28a.jpg
One Eyed Mind
 
  0  
Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:18 am
@hingehead,
You're resorting to smoke and mirrors, moving the goal post and saying the problem is not the problem.

You are PATHETIC.

Females and males cannot be equal - their bodies are scientifically different.

We are all human beings. Stfu about females not doing what males do. You don't see any animal in the animal kingdom trying to cheat biology. There's a universal reason why females and males are the way they are and look the way they do while doing things differently the way they do. Until I see a day when I don't hear about husbands and wives always fighting over common differences based on biological reasons, you are blowing smoke because you have no self-esteem and ride off of the angst of a bunch of mindless hypocrites who don't even know how many times they contradict themselves.

Remember, I have the facts - you can't say anything outside of your doctrine. You're a mindless parrot.
hingehead
 
  2  
Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:21 am
@One Eyed Mind,
LOL seriously.

I love your considered response because I know how much you hate name calling.

Quote:

Females and males cannot be equal - their bodies are scientifically different.

Lazy.
Butrflynet
 
  2  
Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:22 am
@hingehead,
In addition to the taboo language, I would also include the use of provocative costumes, dancing and body language. It is exploitive of young girls of any age.

The internet explodes with drama about some clothing company using sexy photos of young girls in padded swimsuits in their ads yet doesn't see the similarity in what is being done with the video.
One Eyed Mind
 
  0  
Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:24 am
@hingehead,
It's not lazy.

It's science.

Science shaped this world.

Idiots like you that only have emotion and hatred never could shape this world.

They failed time after time again.

You are a coward and an accomplice to this world's tyranny. I hope you're happy with yourself. You fit the stereotype of "band together with people to separate people" fallacy.

Geniuses don't use hatred, fear and accusations. They use harmony, facts and actualities!
hingehead
 
  2  
Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:32 am
@One Eyed Mind,
You're on fire, concrete thinker.

Your reductionist approach to gender equality makes your apparent love of science match your hypocrisy in the name calling stakes.

Please find me the bit about biologically different hearts - I looked and I couldn't find anything.
hingehead
 
  2  
Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:34 am
@One Eyed Mind,
And while I'm on it - calling me anti-science highlights how unperceptive you are.
One Eyed Mind
 
  0  
Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:36 am
@hingehead,
Google - 100 cool facts about the human body.

I know it's in there. I read it all last night. It tells you how diseases affect the male heart and female heart in different ways, so different procedures are in order.

Let's hope that you at least know the basics of computerization and can use the CTRL + F function.

Because you know, this brain of mine is treated right. I feed it information and in return, it helps me **** idiots like you up for a living.

One Eyed Mind
 
  0  
Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:38 am
@hingehead,
All the more reason to call you out for being so deluded, that you chose defiance over science to preserve every single delusion you have because it's boring when you're wrong and you can't get high off of being wrong, now can you?!
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/16/2019 at 06:47:45