Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminism by FCKH8.com

hingehead

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:03 pm
@maxdancona,
So the way you define the word is the way the word is for everyone. So if you reject feminism you reject equality for women? Or are you of the opinion that feminism is man-hating screechy women victims? Because it isn't.

You need to separate the word/label from the granules you don't like. Or at least understand what you are doing.

You Don’t Hate Feminism. You Just Don’t Understand It.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:04 pm
http://womenshistory.about.com/od/feminism/a/feminism.htm

Feminism refers to a diverse variety of beliefs, ideas, movements, and agendas for action. Here is what I find to be the core similarities among those using the term for their own beliefs, ideas, movements and agendas for action:

A. Feminism consists of ideas and beliefs about what culture is like for women just because they are women, compared to what the world is like for men just because they are men. In ethical terms, this form or aspect of feminism is descriptive. The assumption in feminism is that women are not treated equally to men.

B. Feminism also includes ideas and beliefs about how culture can be and should be different -- goals, ideals, visions. In ethical terms, this form or aspect of feminism is prescriptive.

C. Feminism includes ideas and beliefs about the importance and value of moving from A to B -- a statement of commitment to behavior and action to produce that change.

D. Feminism also refers to a movement -- a collection of loosely connected groups and individuals committed to organized action, including changes in behavior of members of the movement and persuasion of others outside the movement to make change.

In other words, feminism describes a culture in which women, because they are women, are treated differently than men, and that, in that difference of treatment, women are at a disadvantage; feminism assumes that such treatment is cultural and thus possible to change and not simply "the way the world is and must be"; feminism looks to a different culture as possible, and values moving towards that culture; and feminism consists of activism, individually and in groups, to make personal and social change towards that more desirable culture.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:06 pm
http://itspronouncedmetrosexual.com/2012/12/reasons-people-believe-feminism-hates-men/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/24/you-don-t-hate-feminism-you-just-don-t-understand-it.html

Ha! Same link Hinge. GMTA
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:09 pm
Feminism is evidence that women are complicated and never keep a consistent train of thought or idea.

Venus knocks on Mars' door, but Mars has a secret knock, so Mars doesn't answer.
hingehead

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:20 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Right. Marked you down on the sexist side of the ledger.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:20 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

So the way you define the word is the way the word is for everyone. So if you reject feminism you reject equality for women? Or are you of the opinion that feminism is man-hating screechy women victims? Because it isn't.

You need to separate the word/label from the granules you don't like. Or at least understand what you are doing.

You Don’t Hate Feminism. You Just Don’t Understand It.

Feminism is a movement that has a doctrine, political goals, spokespeople. They have slogans. They make You Tube videos. They pressure politicians. They sell t-shirts. The things being sold under the brand of feminism that go a lot farther than the idea of equality for women.

I do absolutely hate the brand of Feminism (even though you are right that I don't hate the idea of equality for women).

To deny all the baggage, beyond equality, that comes along with the word "feminism" as it is used today is ridiculous.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:23 pm
@hingehead,
Or maybe I'm comfortable with the fact that women and men are subatomically designed differently right down to their hearts.

Did you know doctors have to change how they revive a female's heart from a male's heart?

So go ahead and call me what you will, I have science backing me up. You have lunacy backing you up, by that, I mean it's pushing you further from the truth! Just like you would push a female's heart further away from revival status because you want to give it the same heart treatment as a male's heart.
hingehead

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:26 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Designed? Right.

Quote:
Did you know doctors have to change how they revive a female's heart from a male's heart?

Please tell me about it.
hingehead

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:29 pm
@maxdancona,

Quote:
To deny all the baggage, beyond equality, that comes along with the word "feminism" as it is used today is ridiculous.

But the baggage is entirely subjective. Your baggage is not someone else's baggage.

I'm a feminist and I've never paid money to a club, or bought a t-shirt or pledged allegiance to a spokesperson or sworn to uphold a doctrine.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:31 pm
@hingehead,
Yes, males and females each have their strengths and weaknesses on a biological system.

I don't have to tell you about it, because the diseases found in a male's heart not being the same diseases being found in female's heart tells you the whole story.

Women being physically weaker than men is not being sexist.

Women having different hearts than men is not being sexist.

It goes both ways. Men are terrible at understanding emotions and feelings.

Men are terrible at imagining worlds compared to a woman's imagination.

If you go to any spiritualist site, group or associative system, you'll see that the males are more focused on the system of magic, while females are more focused on the images of magic.

But in the end, the male and female that practice that nonsense are equally stupid.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:39 pm
@hingehead,
your article wrote:
An April 2013 poll found just 16 percent of men and 23 percent of women in America identify as feminists. The women behind Women Against Feminism aren’t exactly a minority.

Feminism, as a brand, clearly has a problem. It isn't just me who feels this way. Feminism is clearly failing to reach most of us.

Part of the problem is the hostility that comes from people who are identified (and self-identify) as feminists. The sometimes vicious attacks against people who question them on policy is astounding.

Look at the vitriol launched toward people who question laws that deny due process to people accused of domestic violence. This is a reasonable thing to question and certainly at least be open for public debate. Yet in my state (Massachusetts) any politician that even mentions making the law more fair for the accused commits political suicide and the groups that have been promoting reform have been pilloried. The legal process railed against a man who is accused of domestic violence is ridiculously unfair.

This is a result of something that has been branded "feminism". And I don't like it.

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:49 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Wow.

Black and white statements make you look like a fool.

Hope you never get to try your 'men are stronger than women' theory on this lady

https://s-media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/cf/63/41/cf63417e8ae59084bb7b4b62d45fd164.jpg

But I'm still waiting for you to provide the scientific description of women's hearts being different to mens. I'm genuinely curious.

Quote:
Men are terrible at imagining worlds compared to a woman's imagination.

What? Hmmm. JRR Tolkein vs JK Rowling. Nope, not seeing it.
hingehead

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:57 pm
@maxdancona,
Not to harp on Max - you've made your position clear but...

Quote:
Feminism is a movement that has a doctrine

If you could post a link to that doctrine that all feminists follow I'd be most interested. I doubt there's a 'bible' - and isn't the 'bible' a wonderful example of a doctrine uniformly adhered to even by it's adopters?
One Eyed Mind

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:03 pm
@hingehead,
Your response is accusing me of something that you should be ashamed of. Physically, males have a more muscularly enhanced bodily system than females. Since when did I say that males should beat females because it's not like women could ever fight back, right? I never said such a thing, so please tell your hatred and delusion to **** off.

Biologically, there is a subatomic frame to females and males.

It won't apply to everyone, but it will apply to the majority. Just like everyone is human, but not everyone is a genius - not even remotely close.

So yes, perhaps JRR and JK don't fit the frame, but they are the minority, now aren't they?

There "are" male prostitutes, BUT they are in the minority. Just because some people can defy the subatomic frame, does not mean everyone else isn't heavily influenced by it.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:04 pm
@hingehead,
I have already given at least one example.

1. I would love if you could find a feminist who supports making the legal process more fair for a man accused of domestic violence in Massachusetts.

2. I would love to see a someone who calls him or herself a feminist who thinks custody disputes should be more fair to fathers.

3. I would love to see someone branded as a feminist question whether the message "teach boys not to rape" is negative message to give to boys instead of teaching kids to respect each other.

It seems to me that in most issues the feminist brand is well defined. The loudest voices and the most established voices are pretty much in lockstep. People who dissent are publican vilified and often politically punished.

You are welcome to prove me wrong on any of the issues I raised. Just post some links.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:09 pm
@maxdancona,
The fact that someone is taking the time to thumb down each one of my posts, even though I haven't said anything particularly offensive in any of them amuses me (and kind of supports the point I am making).

I love irony.

(Whoever you are, Thanks)
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:11 pm
@maxdancona,
Exactly.

It's so depressing to see HH get sucked up by this propaganda. I mean hell, HH just calls you a sexist when they can't win an argument. That, my friend, is the symbol of cowardice.

Anyone that calls you X, when you don't conform to Y, is a victim to a doctrine.

When you don't agree with a genius, the genius explains themselves further with new information and new angles.

When you don't agree with an idiot, they complain, they ignore you and they exile you and they blame you for their own shortcomings.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:12 pm
The ad is objectionable on numerous levels.

First of all, it is intended to hawk t-shirts, so lofty claims to getting out an "important" message are a pretense. As Max points out, the market for these t-shirts are people who do not, presumably, need to hear it's important message, they already believe it to be true.

The ad is intended to be edgy and hip (for some reason a certain group of people seem to find swearing very cool and particularly when it is used in inappropriate situations and with loud anger). It is designed to leave it's viewer charged up and saying "**** yeah!" to no one in particular. I haven't seen the t-shirts that are being sold, but I wouldn't be surprised if all they contained were large block lettered phrases like "**** SEXISM!
or "IT'S ABOUT MY BRAIN NOT MY ASS YOU DICKHEAD!" Something really cool like that.

It is inappropriate for girls the age of the actors in this ad to be using these words. If it wasn't, the ad would not be using young girls and this language.

The makers of the ad are exploiting these girls, unless they have found a sad set of pre-teens who regularly swear like drunken sailors which I very much doubt is the case. I do have to wonder what sort of moronic and/or greedy parents would allow their daughters to appear in this ad.

Our culture has so thoroughly debased adults it now needs young girls screaming "****!" to generate a buzz.

If the ad actually intended to communicate an important message there are so many better, and far more artistic ways to have done so than having young girls growl filth, but, again, that was never it's intent.

This discussion was its intent. This discussion and the coverage it will no doubt get in newspapers and television shows. How better to have your stupid product spoken of than to stir up a controversy? The discussion around this ad is not about women's rights and stereotypes, it about young girls swearing, which the ad makers hopes will lead you to the t-shirt maker's website and the purchase of their product.

When I saw the ad, I was disgusted, but I knew there would be plenty of people who not only didn't object to it, but thought it a brilliant way to upset the male dominated apple-cart. "**** yeah!"

RABEL222

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:07 pm
@hingehead,
Does anyone have this lady's address?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:08 pm
@RABEL222,
That little clip is staged.
0 Replies