@chai2,
We obviously see this very differently.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 10:47 pm
@CalamityJane,
They are getting a reaction from you.

Seems to be working.

Here's some honesty.

Your self-righteous words are far more disgusting and full of pithe than someone using words that are designed to vent emotion.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 10:56 pm
@CalamityJane,
Not sure which you are saying....

It's wrong to use children as actors in commercials or PSA's to make statements to adults, or only as long as they use language you don't like?

What about if it was a message by children to adults to remind them to vote? Or a commercial advertising a college tuition savings plan having some kids in their ads?

When I hear someone say "it's just plain wrong" it doubly makes me question if that's true.

Would it be ok to use childen in gays rights if they aren't cursing?

I believe you'd be fine with this ad if they weren't saying the word ****.

Are you offended by this.....?

It's using children to tell adults to stop thinking doing something like a girl is bad.
The kids already knew that.

Are they being pathetic?

As a woman, I want the right to say **** if I want, or not, and I don't find that pathetic.
It's a word. It's just a word.

If it gets someone's attention, that's a good thing.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 10:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

We obviously see this very differently.

Yes, and that's fine.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 11:11 pm
BTW cj, why is it ok for you to say the word hell, but not ****?

Hell is a dreadful place, full of torment, and eternal suffering. Why is it ok to causally say that, but not ****?

Because it means sex?

Who came up with the 1 to 10 scale that puts words like bitch, damn, ****, hell, dick, and other words on some specific point?

What is the age where someone can say hell and it's ok? There must be a specific age, if you know saying **** is wrong, and hell is ok. Is it ok to say **** when you're actually *******?

Yeah I know that's sarcastic, but your restrictions are only for yourself. Especially when you make a blanket statement only "certain types" use that language.

Again, the ad is noticied, and talked about. You remember what it's about, and so it accomplished its purpose.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 11:13 pm
@chai2,
Chai, you're using the same exact argument I use against people.

I like it a lot.

Keep going.

The reason why people psychologically cannot handle those words, is because those words are the symbol of a strong-minded individual. Soft-minded individuals cannot handle the sound of your voice when it has a lion's touch to it. Every time you say ****, you're releasing a lot of energy - that energy scares them.

It's that simple. They are so bloody meek, they can't even handle a slightly higher decibel of your voice.
roger

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 12:06 am
@chai2,
Actually, I watched and heard less than a third. I think somebody said they were selling tee shirts. I guess the ad missed its purpose for me, cuz I had no idea they were even selling something.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 12:55 am
Brian Blessed on childhood swearing.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:05 am
@chai2,
I came here for my dose of morning philosophy and was more than rewarded with your expostulatory prose . Well done!
Germlat

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 06:45 am
@Pearlylustre,
Pearlylustre wrote:

Quote:
What about the young girl's ability to process this complex situation. Does a girl of this age have the emotional maturity to even comprehend these issues.
Or able to discern this...or are they in need of a environment of security?

I don't see these as mutually exclusive. I can't think of a topic that I wouldn't have discussed with my daughter at a level appropriate to her understanding. I think that knowing that no topic was off limits - as long as it didn't involve other people's private business - and that I would always be honest with her actually gave her an 'environment of security'. She's quite bright but my son has an intellectual disability and I think the same is true for him - on his own
level.

I agree that no topic is off limits....if the kids are asking the questions. I think the answers must be provided according to their developmental , cognitive, and emotional capacity to process information correctly. We don't want for the processed message, to result in internalized insecurities and fear.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 10:02 am
@chai2,
Chai, I think you getting completely off track here.
I don't care what adults do and how they speak. If they use profanities in every second word, I don't care, it just shows me where they come from.

We are talking about children here, young children and they're exploited in using language an topics they have no knowledge of. If you had a child who was allowed to swear, so be it, it's your choice to teach your child these words.

This public video - and that's exactly what we're talking about - promotes feminism, equality in pay, etc. and uses young children who have no idea about the topic, to talk about these issues in the most vulgar and derogative language available, then yes, I take offense. Why on earth would they have small girls promote their cause in such a manner? As a woman, I find it insulting.

You don't - that's fine! We obviously come from different walks of life.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 10:07 am
@One Eyed Mind,
I think you just need some therapy, that's all.

Get this: I am so strong that I can make my point without ever using foul language and if you think that saying "****" is scaring anyone or releasing energy, you actually need a bit more than therapy.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 10:11 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
If you had a child who was allowed to swear, so be it, it's your choice to teach your child these words.

I don't think anyone teaches their kids swear words, they pick it up at school. They're not taught it there either.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 10:17 am
@farmerman,
Use sarcasm much, fm? (btw, I agree w/you. Totally.)
izzythepush

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 10:18 am
@izzythepush,
You won't find this in school libraries.
http://nzblokes.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Profanisaurus-Title.gif
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Media/Columnists/Columnists/2011/9/6/1315325557062/Viz-app-007.jpg
http://regmedia.co.uk/2011/10/10/viz_10.jpg
https://lh4.ggpht.com/hRhmyOG7LxAZ92MexiXfFyCBFiVlFxN7Ae0ONptP44vRKWaZaMJmfB1mQ4sqg6hiuV8l=h310
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_g6Lf0qCckoc/TPUqhgP_C9I/AAAAAAAABHY/5562nMoyB8Y/s1600/faux+parp.jpg
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 10:42 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

CalamityJane wrote:
If you had a child who was allowed to swear, so be it, it's your choice to teach your child these words.

I don't think anyone teaches their kids swear words, they pick it up at school. They're not taught it there either.

Agreeed. I was never taught "swear words" by my parents.

cj, while parents are influential in a childs life, they are not being raised in a vacuum.

izzy, it's not just school where kids "pick up" these words.

It's from the entire world around us.

It's comes from walking out the front door, and being with other people, or reading, watching etc.

It keeps going back to the fact that kids know a lot more than they are being given credit for.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 10:51 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Use sarcasm much, fm? (btw, I agree w/you. Totally.)

I didn't think he was being sarcastic.

where you farmer?
farmerman

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 10:55 am
@Lustig Andrei,
My department does not have a sense of humor that Im aware of
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 10:57 am
@chai2,
Quote:
didn't think he was being sarcastic.

I wouldn't even know how to begin employing sarcasm.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 11:01 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

We obviously come from different walks of life.

Do you have any idea how elitist that sounds?

cj, I respect you very much, I really do.

However, at times like these I realize what a sheltered environement you live in.

The word **** is not just said by low-life, trailer trash, on the dole, street walking dregs of society.

It's used by all walks of society. The rich, the famous, those with political clout.

This is what I meant in a previous post when I said innocence is not an attractive attribute.