Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 08:48 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

"no chance whatever" is over-stating the case,
but I deem it un-likely in contemplation of the known robbery
by the hopped-up robber.

But you said, "I can t imagine Y he 'd do that."

Seems to me THAT is over-stating the case.

And forgetting for a second that Wilson did not know Brown was "hopped up" or a "robber"...

...of course you can imagine...if you do not have a mind that is tightly shut.

I 'm not 1OO% sure, but I think thay said that he knew
of the robbery from his radio and stopped brown, with that in mind.

I know that the ex-police chief denied that.

In time, we will see whether I am justified in not imagining.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 08:51 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

by the hopped-up robber.

And forgetting for a second that Wilson did not know Brown was "hopped up" or a "robber"...

You having a very hard time simply acknowledging that your statement was over-the-top, David. It was based on the fact that you have already decided the case...and suggest that no matter what, Wilson had a right, perhaps an obligation, to kill Brown.

The fact that you have so little problem with people killing black people is one thing...but your inability to acknowledge the obvious without prodding is something else entirely.

Enjoy the hot tub.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 09:08 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

by the hopped-up robber.

You having a very hard time simply acknowledging that your statement was over-the-top, David. It was based on the fact that you have already decided the case...and suggest that no matter what, Wilson had a right, perhaps an obligation, to kill Brown.

The fact that you have so little problem with people killing black people is one thing...but your inability to acknowledge the obvious without prodding is something else entirely.

Enjoy the hot tub.

The hot tub is a good idea.
I deem it highly un-likely that Officer Wilson, with years on-the-job,
just lost his mind on this occasion.

Upon further reflection, I deem it improbable IN THE EXTREME
that brown was killed because Wilson freaked out in public.

Addressing your racial point:
if whites run amuck the same way,
then we will all be better off if we are rid of them the same way.
parados

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 10:19 am
@giujohn,
Quote:

Wrong. He can issue that order to national guard and any police working with them would fall under that order.

So you are arguing that the governor can declare an emergency and order the police to shoot people because the governor feels they should be shot and that allows him to get around the US Constitution? Frankly guijohn, you are an idiot.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 12:25 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Addressing your racial point:
if whites run amuck the same way,
then we will all be better off if we are rid of them the same way.

You shouldn't have to explain yourself again. Frank would be better off lobbying for the Redskins.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 12:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
That's about the most insulting thing you've ever written about me Frank, but I forgive you because you were trying so hard to be clever and profound at the same time.

I have a visceral hatred for the man because he is an immoral fraud who profits from chaos and conflict. Unless you really think I am cut from the same cloth, your comment was vacuous.

oralloy

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 02:00 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
The Democrats didn't give any rule a time limit. All Congressional rules are set at the beginning of each new Congress. That means ALL rules expire with the end of the previous Congress. It's been that way for over 200 years.

Interesting. Thanks for the clarification.

I recommend that the Republicans maintain parity with the Democrats by implementing the same rule the next time they control both the Senate and the White House.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 02:32 pm

I wonder if the Grand Jury is working over the weekend,
to relieve tension on Officer Wilson.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 02:34 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

That's about the most insulting thing you've ever written about me Frank, but I forgive you because you were trying so hard to be clever and profound at the same time.

Not sure what you found insulting about it, Finn...but I thank you for "forgiving me."

Quote:

I have a visceral hatred for the man because he is an immoral fraud who profits from chaos and conflict. Unless you really think I am cut from the same cloth, your comment was vacuous.

I do not consider him to be an immoral fraud...nor do I see his motivation to be to profit from chaos and conflict....so I could not be suggesting you are of that cloth.

I see him as frustrated and angry...and a rabid defender of what he considers an appropriate response to white on black atrocities for a very long time.

I see you in much that same way, Finn...frustrated (not with the same things as Sharpton)...angry (Not with the same things that anger Sharpton)...and a rabid defender of what you consider to be appropriate responses to the things that anger and frustrate you.

Neither of us knows what kind of a black you would be if you were black, I will concede that. But I see you as a "hard line guy"...just as I see Sharpton to be a hard line guy...which was the basis for what I said.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 02:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,

I forgive u too, Frank,
but I 'm pretty sure that Finn does not have rabies.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 04:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I forgive u too, Frank,

For the record, I wondered about that word when I wrote it. Every time I use it that way, I look it up to make sure it work correctly.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 06:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

I forgive u too, Frank,

For the record, I wondered about that word when I wrote it.
Every time I use it that way, I look it up to make sure it work correctly.
To be on the safe side,
just stay away from his teeth.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 06:53 pm
Quote:
Fergusonj shooting, autopsy in, all shots from front

Today is the 51st Anniversary of the Ascendancy of Lyndon B. Johnson,
the best day of his political career.

I hope that each of u is having a WONDERFULLY Happy Day!!!!!

It got a lot of attention in the press, at the time.

David
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 12:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Not sure what you found insulting about it, Finn...but I thank you for "forgiving me."

Would you find it anything but insulting to be compared to someone you thought was an immoral fraud?

Quote:
I do not consider him to be an immoral fraud...nor do I see his motivation to be to profit from chaos and conflict....so I could not be suggesting you are of that cloth.

I see him as frustrated and angry...and a rabid defender of what he considers an appropriate response to white on black atrocities for a very long time.

Examine Sharpton's history and specifically:

The Crown Heights Riots
Freddie's Fashion Mart
Dunbar Village
Tawana Brawley

Here's a few of his words of wisdom:

"If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house".

"White folks was in caves while we was building empires.... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it."

"As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation."

As we learned this year, Sharpton was an FBI informant. Now you may choose to believe that he was simply a very courageous concerned citizen who volunteered to place himself in great peril to obtain evidence for federal prosecution of Mafia figures, but most folks in law enforcement believe it far more likely that he was caught by the feds in some illegal activity and "flipped," as a way to avoid jail. Either way you should ask yourself how it was that Sharpton was so frequently in the position to record Mafia figures discussing their criminal activities.

We also learned that he owes $4.5 million in unpaid taxes. In 2013 his reported net worth was $5 million. His personal fortune was amassed through the activities of his not-for-profit organization (obtaining "contributions" from corporations through the tried and trued Jesse Jackson shake-down ploy, as well as shady deals with NYC and those very Mafia figure referenced before) before he joined MSNBC where he is reportedly paid $500,000 a year.

In 2004 he was ordered by the FEC to repay $100,000 in public matching funds he received during his run for the presidency.

In 2009 he was fined $285,000 by the FEC due to campaign financing irregularities associated with his

The list goes on, and it's out there if you wish to examine it.

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 06:46 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Would you find it anything but insulting to be compared to someone you thought was an immoral fraud?

Wouldn't matter to me at all...if the person doing the comparing did not see the person as an immoral fraud. In fact, it wouldn't matter much to me even if they did.

Quote:
Quote:

Examine Sharpton's history and specifically:

The Crown Heights Riots
Freddie's Fashion Mart
Dunbar Village
Tawana Brawley

Here's a few of his words of wisdom:

"If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house".

"White folks was in caves while we was building empires.... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it."

"As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation."

As we learned this year, Sharpton was an FBI informant. Now you may choose to believe that he was simply a very courageous concerned citizen who volunteered to place himself in great peril to obtain evidence for federal prosecution of Mafia figures, but most folks in law enforcement believe it far more likely that he was caught by the feds in some illegal activity and "flipped," as a way to avoid jail. Either way you should ask yourself how it was that Sharpton was so frequently in the position to record Mafia figures discussing their criminal activities.

We also learned that he owes $4.5 million in unpaid taxes. In 2013 his reported net worth was $5 million. His personal fortune was amassed through the activities of his not-for-profit organization (obtaining "contributions" from corporations through the tried and trued Jesse Jackson shake-down ploy, as well as shady deals with NYC and those very Mafia figure referenced before) before he joined MSNBC where he is reportedly paid $500,000 a year.

In 2004 he was ordered by the FEC to repay $100,000 in public matching funds he received during his run for the presidency.

In 2009 he was fined $285,000 by the FEC due to campaign financing irregularities associated with his

The list goes on, and it's out there if you wish to examine it.

Okay...you do not like the guy...and that is your right. I do not say that I like him, but I do stand by what I said:

Quote:

There are lots of people like you, Finn, who could do that same hatchet job on Martin Luther King...so I take it with a few grains of salt.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 06:56 am
@Frank Apisa,

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Would you find it anything but insulting to be compared to someone
you thought was an immoral fraud?

Wouldn't matter to me at all...if the person doing the comparing
did not see the person as an immoral fraud.
In fact, it wouldn't matter much to me even if they did.

Quote:
I do not consider him to be an immoral fraud...
nor do I see his motivation to be to profit from chaos and conflict...
The MORAL frauds r much nicer!
Try to get one of those.

David
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 07:00 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Wouldn't matter to me at all...if the person doing the comparing did not see the person as an immoral fraud.

Quote:
Try to get one of those.
David

If you mean "morel frauds", David...you must be referring to what some people call "frozen morels." I do consider them frauds. Them I do not like at all.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 07:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Wouldn't matter to me at all...if the person doing the comparing did not see the person as an immoral fraud.

Quote:
Try to get one of those.
David

Frank Apisa wrote:
If you mean "morel frauds", David...you must be referring to what some people call "frozen morels."
I do consider them frauds. Them I do not like at all.
U shud!
Ingrate! Syphilis expert, Dr. Theodor Morell won the 2nd World War for us!

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 07:11 am
@Frank Apisa,
He won it! He won it! He won it!

For us! For us! For US!
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 08:54 am
Police: Woman allegedly kills herself with gun bought to prepare for Ferguson

St. Louis (CNN) -- A woman appears to have accidentally fatally shot herself in the head with a gun bought to prepare for possible Ferguson-related unrest, according to sources briefed on the police investigation.

The shooting occurred Friday night in downtown St. Louis, the city's Metropolitan Police Department said, in an area dominated by vacant lots beside a football stadium.

The female victim, identified in a police report as Becca Campbell, 26, was a passenger in a car involved in an auto accident. Her 33-year-old boyfriend was driving, the sources told CNN.

The boyfriend, who wasn't identified, told police that the couple had bought a gun because of fears of unrest related to the pending grand jury decision on the shooting of Michael Brown, the sources said.

He told investigators that as they drove late Friday night, the victim waved a gun, jokingly saying the couple were ready for Ferguson, the sources said.

He ducked to get out of the way of the gun and accidentally rear-ended another car. He said the accident caused the gun to go off and she was struck by a bullet in the head, the sources said.

The victim was rushed to a hospital but died.

The investigation is continuing because police want to be sure the story as told by the boyfriend is correct, the sources said. Police are awaiting gun trace results, as part of the ongoing investigation.