FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 02:56 am
@nononono,
You've come a long way, lots of likes going on, on your posts.

Do you believe we can all be who we are? And, in that, people accept us or don't? And that you like who you like and don't who you don't though obviously I tend to accept everyone, it's my nature so ...

But there's no point bringing that to the table, other's do and I think you are bigger than that.

Just saying.

nononono

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 03:30 am
@FOUND SOUL,
well, duh I obviously like you FS.

What bothers me me about FF and anyone else who does this, is when something is pointed out that there's absolutely no way they can dispute, and yet they can't admit a fault.

I've admitted mistakes several times here. I'm certainly not perfect or all knowing. My views and opinions are malleable. They change as I am exposed to truths that I can't refute.

I just have a big problem with people who act as though they are all knowing and incontrovertible.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 07:28 am
@farmerman,
I guess I like lame things, I liked that movie RV, I thought he was funny in it and it was a good family show. Everything in life doesn't have to be intense and have deep meaning. Didn't know he actually rode bikes in real life.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 08:55 am
@FOUND SOUL,
You probably talked about the eyes first, that wasn't my point - just that in discussing all this, revelette2 referred to Firefly as Firefox, who is a poster who hasn't been here for years, and no one seemed to notice.

It's no big deal, even kind of sweet for me, who has "known" both posters, and it was an easy misnomer to type.

revelette2 wrote:

Foxfire talked about you could see the kindness in his eyes (a lot more) and she is right, you could. Even in his comedy shows like Mrs. Doubtfire, you could, he was just so real.
revelette2

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 09:34 am
@ossobuco,
I was thinking they were one and the same, even thought about saying something, but didn't. I do seem to muddy the waters around in these threads. (smiling at myself)
firefly

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:12 am
Quote:
Robin Williams Reportedly Cremated Day After Suicide
The Huffington Post
By Liat Kornowski
08/21/2014

Robin Williams was cremated a day after he was found dead in his home, multiple outlets are reporting.

RadarOnline was first to report that according to the actor's death certificate, of which the site has obtained a copy, "Williams was cremated and his ashes were scattered in the San Francisco Bay just one day after his death, on August 12."

The certificate -- issued by the State of California, County of Marin -- also lists Williams' cause of death as "pending investigation."

It is worth noting that under California law, only authorized persons may receive authorized certified copies of death records (parents, children of the deceased, attorneys, law enforcement, etc.) "Those who are not authorized to receive an authorized certified copy will receive a certified copy marked 'Informational, not a valid document to establish identity,'" according to Marin County's division of records website. Media is not listed under authorized persons.

However, Richard N. Benson, who signed RadarOnline's alleged copy of Williams' death certificate, appears in the county's directory.

TMZ, E! News, Us Weekly, Extra, New York Daily News and more have followed up with reports of the cremation...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/21/robin-williams-cremated-ashes-scattered_n_5697141.html

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:22 am
@firefly,
That's what I want done with my ashes; scattered in the San Francisco Bay Area. Monterey would be my second choice.
firefly

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:49 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
Didn't know he actually rode bikes in real life.

Quote:
In 2013 a interview on the Daily Show with John Stewart, Williams described his passion for riding and the experience of biking with Armstrong in humorous detail.

“It’s wonderful, it’s the greatest way to get around,” Williams said. “People go no, no that couldn’t be Mork.

“I used to ride with Lance in the old days … used to ride behind the uniballer. He would be on the phone, he’d be hands free, and I’d be like ‘you bastard!'”

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/08/robin-williams-lance-armstrong-friendship-cycling-tour-de-france

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/140812131617-williams-cycling1-horizontal-gallery.jpg
Robin Williams at the start of the 2001 Ride for Roses charity cycling race in Austin, Texas.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/140812132209-williams-cycling-3-horizontal-gallery.jpg
Williams (far right) rides with Lance Armstrong's U.S. Postal team during a rest day at the 2002 Tour de France.

Quote:
Robin Williams: His passion for cycling
By Paul Gittings, CNN
August 13, 2014

CNN) -- He might have been best known for his acting career, but Robin Williams, who has died aged 63, was a cycling fanatic who counted among his friends Lance Armstrong and five-time Tour de France winner Eddy Merckx.

When he was once asked how many bikes he owned, Williams quipped "too many to count" and he was an avid follower of the professional cycling scene...
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/12/sport/cycling-robin-williams-armstrong-sky/

Cycling world saddened by Williams’ death
By Andrew Hood
Published Aug. 12, 2014

The cycling community lost one of its most ardent and funniest ambassadors Monday with the death of Robin Williams.

The 63-year-old comedian and actor became cycling’s unofficial ambassador-at-large during the boom days of the 2000s. Williams brought legitimate star power to cycling, and helped the sport enter the American mainstream.

The Oscar-winner wasn’t at the Tour de France because he was promoting his new movie or trying to chum up to Lance Armstrong, but rather because he was truly passionate about the sport.

“I love bike racing. It’s like NASCAR and downhill ski racing, but the racers are wearing little more than pajamas,” Williams told VeloNews during one of his annual trips to the Tour de France. “I love the bike. It’s my meditation. I think I am ‘bike-sexual.’”

Twitter and other social media were alight with messages of condolences and memories of Williams, who became a regular fixture on the cycling circuit.

British sprinter Mark Cavendish (Omega Pharma-Quick Step) posted this note on Twitter: “Such sad news about Robin Williams. Being around him have you the same continuous giggles as watching his films. Lovely man and iconic actor.”

In a Facebook post, former Coors Classic race promoter Michael Aisner said, “His deep love of cycling and passion was unbridled. 60 bikes, insistence to film directors that he ride during film shoot breaks and even harrowing tales of dumping his bike and sliding under a bus to avoid crashing into it in the Presidio were touches of his dedication to riding and for the sport.”

That sentiment echoed across the peloton Tuesday as the news broke overnight in Europe that Williams died of an apparent suicide in his home in California.

Williams became a regular visitor to races and teams, sometimes jumping inside team buses, and giving surprise improvisations to riders before the start of stages. He would often ham it up with fans around the team buses.

The actor and comedian was an ardent fan and passionate cyclist, often bringing bikes with him on movie locations and riding in charity events and century rides in Northern California.

“I try to ride up to 100 miles per week,” Williams told VeloNews years ago at the Tour. “I have so many bikes I’ve lost count. When I am on a long movie shoot, I always bring a bike with me.”...

http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/08/news/cycling-world-saddened-williams-death_340833#6fw5KxKSAhZRp8Ex.99
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 11:14 am
@revelette2,
Smiles too.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 11:42 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That's what I want done with my ashes; scattered in the San Francisco Bay Area. Monterey would be my second choice.

I'd gladly help with that, but first you have to....

...ahhh, well you know!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 02:18 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I do seem to muddy the waters around in these threads. (smiling at myself)

But, your heart is always in the right place. Really.
Germlat

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 04:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I lived there many years. Some of my best memories. I've convinced my husband we MUST retire there. He's on board. The quality of life there...and the people...I crave to go back.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 07:54 pm
Quote:
Robin Williams: Bay Area Made Him Feel Normal
SAN FRANCISCO
Aug 13, 2014,
By ELLEN KNICKMEYER Associated Press

Robin Williams was everywhere in San Francisco, it seemed, as he made a place for himself in the everyday fabric of a city where he once said he passed for normal.

The comedian was there to usher a few fellow inhabitants of the Bay Area into life — visiting a pediatric ward, unheralded, each year on Christmas Day to welcome newborns to the world.

He also ushered friends out of life— delivering a boisterous eulogy for an iconic local journalist known as Mr. San Francisco, musing on heaven as a nice bar in the city with a dry martini.

In between, Williams had turned out to cheer everything from the Giants to the opening of a local public library. Bay Area people got used to seeing the actor at restaurants and stand-up clubs, even handing out treats to children at his house, with a topiary dinosaur looming in the yard, at Halloween.

After word of his apparent suicide this week at his home in Marin County, residents who had encountered Williams recalled a comedian who didn't always try to be funny but never failed to be gracious.

In 1998, Dr. Carrie Chen and colleagues at the University of California-San Francisco hospital had just delivered a premature baby on Christmas Day. "And then someone knocked at the door and said Robin Williams was there," Chen said.

"He looked at this tiny baby, all the tubes and IVs coming out of him. And then he looked each and every one of us in the eye, and personally thanked us for being there on Christmas Day, and for being there for the baby," Chen recalled.

"He made it all about us and not about him," she said.

The only child of a well-off auto executive, Williams was born in Chicago and moved to Larkspur north of San Francisco with his family in the late 1960s. In a 1991 interview with an Oklahoma newspaper, Williams credited going to a "gestalt" Marin County high school — where he said a teacher one day shared that he had just taken LSD — with helping him discover comedy as a way to bridge the gap he felt between himself and others.

Later, at the College of Marin, theater director James Dunn saw the genius in Williams when the young student riffed on stage one night, bringing classmates to tears of laughter. Dunn waked his wife when he got home. "You will not have believed what I have just seen," he told her. "This young man is going to be somebody one day."

Williams through the years raised funds and gave scholarships at the college, and he was a familiar sight riding his bike, running trails, shopping in the supermarkets in Marin. "He just loved the Bay Area," Dunn said. "It kept him away from the hurly-burly of Hollywood, and he liked that."

In private, people found Williams quiet and unassuming. Not the guy "with the lampshade on his head and throwing eggs in the air," said longtime Bay Area comedian Brian Copeland, who last saw Williams in February at a comedy club, Throckmorton, not far from Williams' home in Tiburon, across the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco.

Williams "once told me that the average encounter with a fan lasts about 44 seconds," Copeland recalled Monday. "And that you should be able to be nice to them for those 44 seconds."

Williams had helped the San Francisco Zoo raise hundreds of thousands of dollars and donated time reading books to children, zoo director Tanya Peterson said Tuesday.

During a visit in June that turned out to be one of his last public outings, zoo workers showed Williams a howler monkey they had named after him, Peterson said. But Williams really had come to visit old pet parrot he had donated to the zoo years ago when travel made keeping the bird impossible.

He was "very thrilled to see the parrot with other parrots acting like a parrot," Peterson said. "I think it brought him great joy."

In 1997, Williams gave a San Francisco-styled eulogy to San Francisco Chronicle columnist Herb Caen, whose work had memorialized the city's beauty and characters for decades. Caen was probably in his own version of heaven, Williams said — a club on San Francisco's Fillmore North.

Williams read out loud part of Caen's own tribute to San Francisco, where newcomers glory '"in the sights and sounds of a city they suddenly decided to love instead of leave.'"

"I'm sorry you had to leave, man, but you're still here. See ya," Williams said then.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/robin-williams-bay-area-made-feel-normal-24966783?singlePage=true

http://www.critterfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Screen-Shot-2014-08-11-at-8.45.51-PM.png
revelette2

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 07:47 am
@roger,
Thanks, it's really nice of you to say that.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 07:50 am
@firefly,
I know this is the wrong thing to say, I also understand about depression, but it's such a shame something or somewhere wasn't there at that exact moment to help get passed such an extreme action when he had so much in his life going for him and contributed so much to others. Perhaps in the end, he was simply tired.
firefly

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 08:56 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
I know this is the wrong thing to say, I also understand about depression, but it's such a shame something or somewhere wasn't there at that exact moment to help get passed such an extreme action when he had so much in his life going for him and contributed so much to others.

Why is that the wrong thing to say?

blatham

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 10:02 am
@firefly,
Quote:

Because it made me cry, you callous bastard.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 10:33 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:

We are lot allowed to say that life holds not enough value to want to pass, hell my grandpa at 94 could only tell very close family and friends that this is how he felt. And this feeling can not be reasonable, which is why it just had to be depression that was ******* with Robin Williams brain.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 12:05 pm
@blatham,
Quote:

Because what revelette said made you cry, it was wrong of her to say it? And I'm a callous bastard for asking her what she thought was wrong with what she said?

I'm not following your line of thought, blatham.

I agree with revelette that it's a shame there wasn't something or someone that could have stopped Williams from taking the extreme action of suicide. I don't think there was anything wrong with what she said. I think his death was tragic.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 12:11 pm
Obviously a slow day.
0 Replies