A New Year's Digression....sigh....

Setanta

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 02:45 pm
But, then, Dlowan digresses . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 02:48 pm
Well, of course I do, it is a digression thread.....? Isn't it?

Sometimes I get soooooooo confoozled and I haven't had me coffee...
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 03:14 pm
well deb, the new year will be here shortly for us on this side of the date line.

happy new year everyone. looking forward to tormenting you all with silly questions and answers in 2003. Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 03:15 pm
Yikes! "Tis indeed new year's eve here....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 03:18 pm
You be up awfully early agin, Cunning Coney . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 03:20 pm
And it is actually RAINING! Hot patootie!

And I must redd up my house to welcome the year in harmony and order....that mainly means getting rid of the huge pile of unread mail littering my kitchen bench and getting to and assembling the boxed bookcase on the floor- and maybe cleaning the balcony....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 03:21 pm
Yeppies - 'tis no way of telling when me shall rise and set when I be on leave....
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 03:23 pm
Dear Gawd! Your friends hypnotized a wee li'l baby!? Laughing That's funny as hell, but remind me to stay the hell away from Australians from now on!!

Hmm...well, me's still very young yet so till now haven't had a chance to go for much of the crazy stuff. So either don't have many such stories or just can't remember them.

Hehe...maybe it's that I have too many and can't sort through them all.

PS: Dlowan, "royal blue blob" suits me just fine, thank you very much! Very Happy
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 03:25 pm
Which question Deb? The one about the topic or the one about which New Years to celebrate.

Weird New Years experiences, in public, nada.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 03:29 pm
We once got drunk as hell, and made a gigantic, reclining, anotomically correct snowman in the front yard. The Polezei woke us up in the morning, and made us get rid of it's "correct" parts . . .
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 03:31 pm
http://[/IMG]http://home.triad.rr.com/vmusic/bandpics/elivis.jpg

When this guy lived in my basement, yes he did for three years, I had one memorable New Years Eve.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 03:33 pm
Looks like an Elvis imitator. Say no more!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 03:36 pm
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 03:37 pm
Michael Hoover's Elvis Tribute
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 03:43 pm
Ah, Joanne, my sweet, so much left to the imagination.......

Setanta, isn't it now politically correct to have anatomically correct dolls? Maybe you should try it again and send us pictures. BTW, who did you use as a model? Hmmmm?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 03:45 pm
New Year's Eves Past
I was once convinced to walk across a long suspension bridge at night, the better to "take in" the changover from one year to the next.

My favorite was a New Year's in the desert above Scottsdale, getting slightly drunk while lolling about the pool, enjoying the cool night air and hearing bells and firecrackers at midnight.

I admit to being still semi-delighted when I think of all those folks who believed there would be a massive failure of all creation, for which they are probably still eating cans of Spam and other Millenium Provisions. What a hoot.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 03:46 pm
whom . . . whom did we use as a model . . . i ain't sayin' squat till i speak to an attorney . . . this was in the Midwest in 1977, so figure for yourself the wisdom of having argued with the local boys about our right to make such a snowman in a residential neighborhood . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 03:58 pm
LOL Setanta! NEVER argue with the boys and girls in blue was the motto!

Blobesque One, 'twas only I who hypnotized the baby - and it was only to help him sleep - which he did, very happily. All one does - and it works for animals too, often - is pass one's hand gently over the face, nearly but not quite touching it, in a slow and soothing rhythm, while saying in a soothing tone stuff like "You are going to sleep, little one..."

JD - I won't sleep with that image in my head! Though I am sure he was a nice guy - I find the whole Elvis cult spooky.....

I find the thing with new year's eve is to lower one's expectations and go with the flow.

Often I have a dinner - from which people - and I - may drift off to parties, if there are good ones - or stay... both seem to work....although there was a year - (fortunately veiled in a soft haze for me!) - when I got very pished for some reason and became very tired of my guests and told them to go home at 2.00 am - firmly!

blushblushblushblushSQUIRM!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 04:06 pm
The Elvis deal is very strange but it was a great line when I was lacking words to just mention that an Elivs imitator lived in the basement of my house. Actually he was a very nice person and a great renter, worked nights and weekends, slept almost all day, and paid the rent on time and in cash.

Michael has a lovely daughter Michelle who I am still in contact with. When Michael finally made enough money, he used to open for Roseanne on the road, he moved. But as luck would have it Michelle's therapist said that Michael should take what ever steps necessary to keep her in contact with the lady upstairs, me, so I got visiting rights and she stayed with me every other weekend for several years.

But I digress ... .
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 04:10 pm
Ah, An Elvis in the Basement. Sounds like a good title for a novel!
0 Replies