0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 03:43 am
by the aussies i'm sure!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 06:31 am
WOT!?

A lot of the messages on this site are ungrammatical! Apparently they are default messages - which means they aren't de fault of any of our fearless leaders, which is a great relief, frankly.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 07:16 pm
Had my family over for lunch yesterday. The first time since I moved in to the house that I've had everyone there. Of course the whole day was spent with 5 adults catering to every whim of one little bundle of joy.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 10:46 pm
Haha - Just saw the ending line of the poll. But I voted for #4 at the beginning. Gleeful and frolicsome, that's I. (or me, if you'd rather)

who said we aren't grammatical???
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 01:08 am
Will nobody do silly hats?
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 01:13 am
i have brought up my hats, and places to hang them already......
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 01:17 am
Shocked Embarrassed

You certainly did!

Please leave your hats on!

teeheee
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 08:48 am
But Deb, isn't it impolite not to remove one's hat in the presence of a lady? Manners are sooo important, don't you think? :wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 08:55 am
LOL!!!!! Perhaps we ought to think of them as more like yarmulkas (spelling?)!

I was wondering, as I pattered about preparing my home for the cleaner tomorrow - which somehow included taking the rubbish out, watering the plants on the balcony and a number of other seemingly unrelated activities - and occasionally popping in to see what was happening in here - I wondered, as I said, about how frequently there are large numbers of people on line here - but very few posts.

We really are, I guess, a forum of some mighty long posts, which, the evidence suggests, are actually read and thoughtfully considered by people.

So it goes.....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 08:56 am
...i do not think i am a lady...i have spent a long time trying not to be one - having had the sad misfortune of being properly brung up!
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 01:13 pm
Isn't it about time for Valentine's Day?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 01:23 pm
Hats!!! Love hats!! I've got dozens of them. I hardly ever wear them here, (on A2K) though. They just don't go with the rest of what I'm wearing!

A friend rang last night and asked if I thought he was running a millinery exchange. I left my black cap in his car last time I was there - it's my hooning cap, for when we drive with the roof down (which we only do in his car - my car doesn't have such niceties!). A special purpose cap! But then, I left my ripper new straw sunhat there instead - very wide brim and a blue spotted bow. He assures me it's just not his style.

In all the organising for Christmas, I forgot to take along any of my 6 or so Christmas hats! Sad

Pueo - you can leave your hat on! But, did you go to the inauguration?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 01:34 pm
Even though I didn't mark it on the poll, I did do silly hats this year... silly enough that it was truly embarassing once I went to the mirror to freshen up and saw just HOW SILLY it looked on me.

Next year, I'm bringing my OWN silly hat!

Margo -- What is this hooning activity?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 01:45 pm
Piffka

In our language, hooning is carrying on like a galah!

This can be done in various ways, and I'm not sure what is the US equivalent - we need Merry Andrew to provide a translation.

Specifically, we apply it to us middle aged types driving down the highway in the convertible, with the roof down, and our hooning caps on! All very respectable and discreet really - a very low key hoon! You need a hat to provide some sun protection, but can't weat a big brim! I've never known anyone who had a convertible before, so this is a fun experience for us.

Another example would be Wilso, racing around the Minnamurra bends on his motorbike.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 02:09 pm
Oboy. Hooning sounds as though it would fulfill my New Year's Resolutions... (1) Have More Fun and (2) Dress More Flamboyantly.

Can hardly wait to try hooning. Too bad I sold my convertible, but both my cars have sunroofs... that's almost as good. OK. about 1/4 as good, but... much more practical.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 02:17 pm
It seems it is also illegal:

http://www.qld.greens.org.au/media/20020509.html

and,

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,5526074%255E13762,00.html

but I still can't find a definition! You Aussies are certainly "Wild Ones".
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 02:34 pm
Honing vehicle of high regards:

http://autoshow.msn.com/autoshow2003/photos/S_Beetleconvert.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 03:27 pm
Hooning is naughty, Margo - it is doing doughnuts at 3.00am - it is mooning like a veritable De Kere - it is yelling at peaceful folk from the car - it is getting drunk and throwing up - you are certainly doing something in your convertible, but, unless it involves laying rubber and annoying the locals, it is not hooning!

A VALENTINE'S Digression? Pulleeeeeeeeeeeze - I don't DO saints! Even demoted ones!
0 Replies