A New Year's Digression....sigh....

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 07:42 am
The Christmas digressors are moaning that they want a new digression....

I am always a little wary - not to say chary - of all this new year stuff - after all, what is it but an arbitrary point on a calendar when we decide one bloody, carnal and unnatural year gets itself all spiffed up, puts on its christening gown, lace shawl and booties, and pretends to be a bright, shiny, new, virginal year?...sigh.

You may have observed I am a little skewed to the Eeyore side of my whole Eeyore, Pooh, Tigger, Owl dial - what with all the crap that is going on.... but, don't mind me, I will be fine, just digress amongst yourselves, I will be the butt as usual....where is my empty honey jar and burst balloon?

Perhaps I am more Marvinesque...

Anyway - as ever, digressors old and new - this is the place to come and frolic (sigh) and be witty, silly, dilly, dally, dandle, ppiffle and persiflage and above all digress!

No SENSE, please, and no effusive and heart-felt musings on the wonders of rebirth and renewal and all that - there are other threads for that - this is the place to kick off your shoes, sharpen your wit and be ridiculous.....

sigh.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 22,249 • Replies: 424
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 08:04 am
Looks like I'll have to lead the thing off - hmmmmmmmm - a new year's digression... how to digress.....soon won't be safe to go anywhere in chinatown - be sitting having me peaceful laksa or poh pia in me favourite little cafes, and some damned verdumpften dragon thingy will come along, with drums and crackers and gongs and stuff to scare what little wits I have left out of me head as a bunch of people in a dragon costume with big rolling eyes and a big bitey mouth come to scare all teh bad luck and karma and stuff out of all the businesses!

Hard enough to eat a laksa with any degree of decency without being all ascared out of one's witses wiv a dragon!!!!!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 08:34 am
Hence my reasoning for NOT eating Chinese food. All these unpronouncable names for foods. Why can't they name things using words that are pronounced the way they are spelled? And then they go and add dragons and such into the mix to scare the bejeebers outta ya whilst yer eatin'!

I won't even get into those dang fortune cookies which I doubt are really cookies in any real sense of the word. The things are nuttin' but crust with a piece of paper tucked into them. How come most people don't even eat the cookies?
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 08:35 am
This post has been edited as to content. Previously it contained inaccurate rubbish concerning the practicability of hyperlinks in general and one specific one in particular.

Happy New Year!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 08:38 am
Damn! How all occasions do inform against me! Where did the link go, Deb?

Fishin' - I once got a fortune cookie which read: "Confucius say: Do not believe small meaningless bits of paper in fortune cookies"! I swear ' tis true!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 08:38 am
Ominously?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 08:40 am
The link took ME right back here, Deb? Huh?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 08:43 am
Link? Wot link? I don't see no steenkin' link!
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 08:58 am
Well, aren't you the lucky wabbit! I always get boring fortunes in my cookies, so to speak. Things like "your future looks bright" (does that mean the sun is going to shine tomorrow?) - or "happiness surrounds you" (I look around and see nuttin', I tell ya).

The link on the other digression brought me here, but when I clicked post reply I had to log in all over again. That means "view topics with posts since your last visit" started over .... ughhhhh ..... from nearly 200 down to 6 now. Also, I wasn't able to click on my choice in the poll, but probably can now that I've been banned from all those posts. That would make sense, no? Yes? Maybe? Who gives a rip? Ahhh well, I'll take my punishment, cross my eyes, and continue onward and upward.
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:04 am
Hmmmmm - how the SMEG am I to link correctly then!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:05 am
The link, Fishin' - is in the Christmas Digression....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:05 am
Is it a missing link?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:08 am
aaaaah, no linkee here.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:10 am
Goddammit, squashed fairy -'tis in the udder thread!

Do you think it is time to tell the folks that the squashed fairies do not die? 'Tis a sort of magical impression that is left!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:11 am
Naaaah, why ruin their horror?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:12 am
Dlowan, your link in the Christmas Degression works just peachy an' rainbowy; Chatoyant's bad luck is prolly jus' that cheery fortune cookie playing an evil prank on her, I tells ya!
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:14 am
Mumble, grumble ... I'm not opening any more fortune cookies ....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:16 am
Hmmmmmmm - 'tis an odd world indeed, that has such beings in't.....

Welcome "Monger' - or Li'l Green Booger, which is your pet name - we are flattered, honoured, graced by your presence.....I am glad the link worked! The gremlins seem to be busy tonight, and Queen Mab is about her business......has the cream soured?
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:21 am
Li'l Green Booger?

<snicker>
<snort>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:23 am
Ooooops - he prides himself on being a BLUE alien!

What have I done - and to a new digression friend!
0 Replies