Thunderbolts of the gods

farmerman

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 05:39 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:

Most people don't get it, but 'modern science' is just that, a religous belief
I believe I will nuke a cuppa tea in my microwave before it disappears into the ether.

Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 08:00 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I believe I will nuke a cuppa tea in my microwave before it disappears into the ether

as I said, you are getiing funnier by the hour.
farmerman

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 06:38 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
as I said, you are getiing funnier by the hour.
Well, I must admit that you've set the hilarity bar quite high , must be in your DNA.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 11:16 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Well, I must admit that you've set the hilarity bar quite high , must be in your DNA.

Well, you seem tto be in need of a lot of AH's today!

why? something bothering you? Wink
farmerman

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 02:52 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Im supposed to remind you to take your morning meds. Its morning.

Then fly over to the bird feeder and get some breakfast
Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 03:07 am
@farmerman,
and why do I have to take med?

Because I disagree with a lot of your nonsense?

There is a name for what you are doing, it is called ´fasc...´

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 03:11 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Well, youre an idiot for one. But theres no meds for that. SO we just wanna keep you from totally freaking out in a public space.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 03:16 am
@farmerman,
You now are just repeating yourself, aren´t you get tired of you?

well I ask again, very nice, very polite, why am I, according to you, an idiot?

and who are ´we´ ????????????
farmerman

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 03:59 am
@Quehoniaomath,
The neatest thing about an idiot is that you can rarely be introspective.

Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 04:05 am
@farmerman,
And you jsut keep on going namecalling?

why?

and I also thought you did´t want to react anymore?

please don´t.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 12:32 pm
The late 1800s and early 1900s was when the 120-year detour started i.e. when all the bullshit/magic physics got invented.
farmerman

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 04:13 pm
@gungasnake,
of course when you drive your self parking, gps directed Lexus or Merc, you say "Thank you misquided detoured physics'

Or when you keep your child alive by having a marrow reinsertion done to subdue the leukemic onslaught, you say "Thank you ....."
or are you as jaded as Quahog?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 04:23 pm
Ron Hatch holds most of the basic patents for GPS; he claims that relativity is a bunch of bullshit and that GPS runs on Newtonian physics.
farmerman

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 04:40 pm
@gungasnake,
whether he" believes" or not really aint important. If he can PROOVE his points of departure then we have a discussion. See how that works.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 04:47 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
GPS runs on Newtonian physics.
Except for that annoying "precise geoid" correction
farmerman

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 04:59 pm
@farmerman,
RELATIVISTIC CORRECTIONS FOR GPS SURVEYING AND REAL TIME POSITIONINGFOR YOUR LEXUS

Quote:
. A GPS receiver in a car can give accurate readings of position, speed, and heading in real-time!

To achieve this level of precision, the clock ticks from the GPS satellites must be known to an accuracy of 20-30 nanoseconds. However, because the satellites are constantly moving relative to observers on the Earth, effects predicted by the Special and General theories of Relativity must be taken into account to achieve the desired 20-30 nanosecond accuracy.

Because an observer on the ground sees the satellites in motion relative to them, Special Relativity predicts that we should see their clocks ticking more slowly (see the Special Relativity lecture). Special Relativity predicts that the on-board atomic clocks on the satellites should fall behind clocks on the ground by about 7 microseconds per day because of the slower ticking rate due to the time dilation effect of their relative motion.

Further, the satellites are in orbits high above the Earth, where the curvature of spacetime due to the Earth's mass is less than it is at the Earth's surface. A prediction of General Relativity is that clocks closer to a massive object will seem to tick more slowly than those located further away (see the Black Holes lecture). As such, when viewed from the surface of the Earth, the clocks on the satellites appear to be ticking faster than identical clocks on the ground. A calculation using General Relativity predicts that the clocks in each GPS satellite should get ahead of ground-based clocks by 45 microseconds per day.

farmerman

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 12:06 am
@gungasnake,
It appers that you and Quahog have the same opinions (except that he presents only a conclusionary opinions with no bases of his worldviews).

Belief is for things that have no evidence. When you hold on to counter beliefs when evidence is all around is just dumb.
The fact that relativistic adjustments are made to GPS clocks shows that "IT WORKS", so far we can actually use GPS instead of optics for surveying and its actually more accurate today. (Relativistic adjustments included)

PS Newton knew nothing of atomic clocks, so saying that some dude who you claim holds "patents" on GPS, denies relativistic science is not true.
PS the developers of GPS didn't include his name, so ither Id re assess what you thought you knew or present data that maybe your guy "bought patents and was more a marketer'
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 05:44 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
The fact that relativistic adjustments are made to GPS clocks shows that "IT WORKS"

NO, IT DOES NOT WORK!

well, I thought I have shown you that the whole hocus pocus of relativity is irrelevant in this gps case., as it is in ALL cases.
Here is it again, just because you don't seem to read at all.

Quote:
To offset these two effects, the GPS engineers reset the clock rates, slowing them down before launch by 39,000 nanoseconds a day. They then proceed to tick in orbit at the same rate as ground clocks, and the system "works." Ground observers can indeed pin-point their position to a high degree of precision. In (Einstein) theory, however, it was expected that because the orbiting clocks all move rapidly and with varying speeds relative to any ground observer (who may be anywhere on the Earth's surface), and since in Einstein's theory the relevant speed is always speed relative to the observer, it was expected that continuously varying relativistic corrections would have to be made to clock rates. This in turn would have introduced an unworkable complexity into the GPS. But these corrections were not made. Yet "the system manages to work, even though they use no relativistic corrections after launch," Van Flandern said. "They have basically blown off Einstein."
http://www.ldolphin.org/vanFlandern/

Really, relativity theorie, both special and general are just hoaxes.
NOTHING good has ever come out of them, NOTHING AT ALL.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 05:49 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
RELATIVISTIC CORRECTIONS FOR GPS SURVEYING AND REAL TIME POSITIONINGFOR YOUR LEXUS

pure nonsense, btw where is the link?
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 05:50 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Except for that annoying "precise geoid" correction

Nope, doesn't need that. it really works on Newton's nonsense.
( I am working on Newton thing as well Wink)

btw Newton wasn't that bright, he drank a lot, someone else wrote his books.

0 Replies