Thunderbolts of the gods

Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 09:31 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Quantum physics gave us the Laser, the transistor, high accuracy detectors for chem equipment and lots more

Nope, sir, quantum physic did not! That is my whole point sir.

Obviously you don't read, I have written it before here.
The transitor was NOT made possibly by 'modern physics' especially quantum physics. And so it is with the other things that are 'made possible' by
'modern science'! 'modern science' has nothing to do with it.

Oh and by the way, quantum physics is also a bundle of idiotic ideas that don't work.
neologist

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 09:41 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:
. .. . The transitor was NOT made possibly by 'modern physics' especially quantum physics. And so it is with the other things that are 'made possible' by 'modern science'! 'modern science' has nothing to do with it.
Then, please tell us by what confluence of celestial events did we come to have transistors and the like.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 09:44 am
@neologist,
Quote:
Then, please tell us by what confluence of celestial events did we come to have transistors and the like.

lol, aliens and 'confluence of celestial events'? Gee, that has nothing to do with it offcourse. Wink

it is very simple. the 'transistor' (semi conductor) was invented long before 'quantum theory'. As were all those other things like radio, wireless, mri,
and what have you.

The very idiotic and myopic 'modern physics' really has brought us nothing at all!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 09:50 am
The transistor was developed in 1947. The first quantum corrections to traditional mechanics were developed between 1900 and 1925. Magnetic resonance imaging was first described in a Phd thesis in 1952. This joker is incoherent. He makes statements from authority, and we have no reason to accept his authority, especially as he is almost always wrong. He also jumps around, talking first about physics, the Modern Science [sic], and then Modern Physics [sic]--so if you respond to one, he claims he was talking about the other.

You're wasting your time, FM.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 09:52 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
The transistor was developed in 1947.

Nope, it was not. I wrote it was developed BEFORE quantum physics.

Most, if not all, textbooks have it wrong.

and I am still talking about 'modern physics' and have defined that.
farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 09:53 am
@Setanta,
he should read about PN junctions and Walter Brattain. (A theorist who produced things on the "bench")

I know I waste time but I don't care for his self congratulatory style especially when its based on ignorance of facts .
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 09:54 am
@farmerman,
lol

Ignorance of facts? You people are very funny!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 09:54 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
I wrote it was developed BEFORE quantum physics.
Well , just cause you "Wrote it" doesn't validate it.
Youre flat wrong bubba.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 09:55 am
@farmerman,
and you are really really sure I am wrong? Right?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 09:55 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Fabulous furry one wrote:
The transistor was developed in 1947.
Quehoniaomath wrote:
Nope, it was not. I wrote it was developed BEFORE quantum physics.

Most, if not all, textbooks have it wrong.
Please! Oh, please! Enlighten us. Where, how, and by whom was the transistor developed?
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 09:58 am
@neologist,
maybe I was wrong? Wink

btw aren't you exaggerating? enlinghten?
neologist

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 10:01 am
@Quehoniaomath,
I think I'll walk the dog now.
Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 10:05 am
@neologist,
Hey, asshole, knock off the disobliging, sneering names. I don't do that to you. If you can't return the courtesy, then don't say a goddamned thing to me or about me. Capiche?
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 10:22 am
@Setanta,
talking to me?
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 10:26 am
@neologist,
maybe I wasn't lying after all Wink

Quote:
Lilienfield Acknowledged As Pioneer

In an address to the American Institute of Physics in 1988, Bardeen acknowledged the great credit due Lilienfeld for his pioneering efforts to make the semiconductor amplifier. In the 1920s, Lilienfeld could not have understood the physics of the field-effect semiconductor amplifier, as the quantum theory of solids was still several years away. Nevertheless, he had a good intuitive feel for a new approach to electronics. In Bardeen’s own words, “Lilienfeld had the basic concept of controlling the flow of current in a semiconductor to make an amplifying device. It took many years of theory development and material technology to make his dream a reality.”
http://www.todaysengineer.org/2003/may/history.asp

And, very simple,so it is with the rest of 'modern physics'
NOTHING good has come out of it. EVER

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 10:32 am
Idiot.

Quote:
“Lilienfeld had the basic concept of controlling the flow of current in a semiconductor to make an amplifying device. It took many years of theory development and material technology to make his dream a reality.” (emphasis added)

Yeah . . . it took many years . . . until 1947.

Liar.
farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 10:38 am
@Setanta,
PS, we usually state that Quantum theory dates to about 1900 (earliest work actually in the late 1870's)

I think Quohog's problem is reading comprehension
Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 10:42 am
@farmerman,
Yes, i already mentioned the 1900-1925 period of "old quantum" mechanics. Whatever his problem is, i believe he went to university, and tanked because he couldn't understand the science and either couldn't or wouldn't do the work. Now he's running around online raging against the discipline that defeated him.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 10:43 am
By the way, the late 19th and early 20th centuries were a golden age for new scientific theory.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 10:50 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Hey, asshole, knock off the disobliging, sneering names. I don't do that to you. If you can't return the courtesy, then don't say a goddamned thing to me or about me. Capiche?
Asshole not a sneering name? OK. Noted. I shall not ever use that term in reference to you. But, if you continue to look for slurs where none are intended, I'm sure you will find many.