Thunderbolts of the gods

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 10:55 am
@neologist,
I called you asshole because you were, once again, using a disobliging, sneering name for me. You could call me Setanta, or you could call me Set (of course, i usually only acknowledge that from friends, and i see no good reason to see you as a friend). I've never done that to you. I address you as Neo, and i refer to you as Neo. I'm just tired of your snide bullshit--a typical, hateful, alleged christian.
neologist

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 11:04 am
@Setanta,
I'm sorry. I never thought that about you. My jabs to you have always been in reference to your avatar and always with good natured intent, if not effect.
And I have never, would never refer to you in text in any such profane manner as you have referred to me.
Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 11:12 am
@neologist,
Yeah, well, that's because i told you before that i don't like that ****, but you keep doing it. If you can't address me or refer to me by my screen name, then don't talk to me or about me at all. By the way, profane is a religious term, and almost everything we write is profane, because it's not sacred.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 11:28 am
I see that the dead man is having hemorrhoid troubles again. It seems they act up on him any time he enters a religion thread and can't get a slap on the back for being his usual disruptive putty brain self. Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 11:29 am
This is not a religious thread, dipshit. I'm not surprised that you don't understand that, though, you psychotic, hateful son of a bitch.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 11:53 am
@Setanta,
Jesus! what happened to you people?

ah well I have showed that transistor was here BEFORE the quantum mechanic nonsense.

Now figure out for yourself that it is the same with all the other things 'modern physics' clamed it is here because of 'modern physics'' It is just all lies.

yep, that is right, I am talking wireless, internet, mri, microwave, astronomical telescope, tv, fusion, and the list goes on and on and on....
neologist

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 01:36 pm
Whew!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 02:19 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
No, you haven't shown that, and in fact, your own linked material shows that this is not true. As FM has pointed out, and have pointed out myself more than once, nothing is true just because you say it is.
farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 02:20 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
no you didn't.
The circuit you indicated was a precursor to solid state but hd no real apps. The transistor was a unique invention for which the inventors recd a Nobel Prize.

Quantum Theory dates to 1900 (actually about 20 years before) but Ill accept Planck's field equations as the first contribution.

I think you've got the "connections " TV program stuck in your brain. ALl science is ultimately collaborative and derivative to greater or lesser degrees.
Like "Continental Drift theory' gives credit for the idea to Wegener, who proposed a mechanism.Just because some scientist 75 years earlier made a reference as to how the map of the Atlantic Ocean looks like a " torn seam" doesn't give credit to Antonio Snider just for saying it. Even Wegener isn't credited with originating the THEORY, hes an early 'worker who hd an idea.Harry Hesse is usually credited with "pulling it all together'. Same thing with the transistor GPS, lasers, proton magnetometry, GCMS etc etc.

I doubt that youll even "get it"

farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 02:23 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
I am talking wireless, internet, mri, microwave, astronomical telescope, tv, fusion, and the list goes on and on and on....

weve hd a discussion on Leuwenhooke Galileo etc, but tell us about fusion, tv etc etc.
At least youre entertaining.

Fringe beliefs are often fun, but every so often the real world interrupts
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 03:01 pm
@farmerman,
just start your own research now, and next time please do read my postings a bit better, allright?

You are just defending your religion now.

There is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING that came out of 'modern physics'

'modern physics' is obsolete and has to go, and it will..
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 03:03 pm
@Setanta,
also defending your religion

what else is new? Wink

Oh and not I am stating it, I hope you can read?
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 03:07 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Fringe beliefs are often fun, but every so often the real world interrupt

I know you think this way because of school indoctrination. but actually, it is the other way around.

But as I said, you have religious ground to defend.

That's ok I understand.

and still, 'modern physics' is laughable and it is extremely funny to see you guys trying to 'edit' the information into your present worldview.
Really trying to do everything you do to keep your worldview in place.

and that's ok.

farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 04:48 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
you understand nothing."Believe what you will".
But, no skin off my back. I make a good living as an earth scientist .
We test and "falsify" our rules, laws, and theories on a daily basis.

You apparently just read web sites.
Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 04:58 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
No, it's not my religion. You have no idea what i believe on the subject because i haven't stated it. You'd be lost without your straw men.
neologist

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 06:16 pm
@neologist,
Here in Edmonds, Washington, it's customary for dog owners to bag the droppings left by their pets.While I was picking up after Toby, I chanced to muse on the developments of this thread and how it somehow got to be associated with religious belief. Please excuse me if I have had any part in such digression.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 11:57 pm
@farmerman,
you really are just plain wrong
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 12:00 am
@farmerman,
and because you and others don't 'get it' I will repeat

Quote:
Lilienfield Acknowledged As Pioneer

In an address to the American Institute of Physics in 1988, Bardeen acknowledged the great credit due Lilienfeld for his pioneering efforts to make the semiconductor amplifier. In the 1920s, Lilienfeld could not have understood the physics of the field-effect semiconductor amplifier, as the quantum theory of solids was still several years away. Nevertheless, he had a good intuitive feel for a new approach to electronics. In Bardeen’s own words, “Lilienfeld had the basic concept of controlling the flow of current in a semiconductor to make an amplifying device. It took many years of theory development and material technology to make his dream a reality.”
http://www.todaysengineer.org/2003/may/history.asp

But it sure is funny to see how people try to dismiss this, (because of their religion called science or scientism)
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 12:01 am
@Setanta,
yes, it is your religion because 'modern science' is a religion. disguised I must admit, but it is.

I have a hunch of your beliefs when I read your postings.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 12:06 am
@neologist,
Quote:
it somehow got to be associated with religious belie

Most people don't get it, but 'modern science' is just that, a religous belief.

I know it will be dismissed by reflex action, but the more intelligent and open minds here can start resacrhing.
E.g take a look at the founders of the "Royal Society"
Those people weren't inetrested in bringing us the truth by 'science'
They were interested in steering us away from truth by 'science'.

And oh, 'science' was founded once the religions were not so good any more in controlling people. So the same people that brought us 'religion' brought us 'science' ,hence the same religious structure.