The President is speaking in a bit (WATCH IT!)

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 10:45 am
What would you do different if you were Joe? You have no trouble pointing out what Joe does wrong in you naïve, idealistic mind... So you should have no trouble explaining how someone as noble as yourself would address the problem.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 11:09 am
Bill, I would hire Joe and rate him on his performance rather than his speech skills.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 11:31 am
bookmark
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 11:40 am
As a customer/buyer I am turned off my people with poor command of the english language. If you "axe" me a question I will not respond.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 11:40 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Bill, I would hire Joe and rate him on his performance rather than his speech skills.
I think you might have missed something. Joe does the hiring... and speech skills have been proven to be an important attribute for acceptable job performance. In this fictional example; we are talking about an inside sales position (lots of telephone work).
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 11:46 am
Bill,

You may be able to make your argument clearer by using a "southern accent" in doing telesales to a canadian client base. That way you can remove the colour from the argument - because your argument isn't about colour.

cheers
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 11:51 am
Thank you Jer, that is precisely the point that eludes InfraBlue, who thinks I'm a racist for noticing.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 02:07 pm
I have a close friend who is a black man and a distinct minority in a small North Central Kansas city. (He speaks quite well and does quite well.)

He doesn't mind when I tease him about his really great 'tan' or when it is mentioned that he is black. "After all," he says, "I am." He does not consider it racist that somebody notices. He does resent being asked to give the 'black perspective' on whatever issue is being discussed at the time and he is infuriated when somebody suggests that he has been held back because he is black or got ahead because he was black. He expects to sink or swim on his own ability. This guy could sell fur coats to South Sea islanders.

I think Bill would hire him in a heartbeat.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 06:10 pm
Do you discriminate agains people who say "comfterble" rather than "comfortable"? "Man-aise" rather than "mayonnaise"? "Sangwich" rather than "sandwich"?

You would let petty peeves about what amount to natural linguistic phenomenon guide you're human rights abuses. You'd violate a person's dignity, refuse him an honest shot at a decent living--those are human rights issues according to you, Bill, aren't they--because of his pronunciation. That's mighty humanitarian and not at all hypocritical. Who are the humanitarians that have hired the likes of you given your self-admittedly poor writing skills? You could learn a thing or two from them.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 06:27 pm
Is that your answer to:
Quote:
What would you do different if you were Joe? You have no trouble pointing out what Joe does wrong in your naïve, idealistic mind... So you should have no trouble explaining how someone as noble as yourself would address the problem.

You've proven you can imagine faults, insult without provocation and speak holier than thou. I answered every ridiculous question you came up with. Why not answer the simple question I asked you?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 06:59 pm
If I were Joe I'd do one of two things. I'd either act on my great big bleeding heart, end my pursuit of money and join the peace corps., or I'd shut my great big sanctimonious trap, and risk being thought a hypocritical moron, than to open it and remove all doubt.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 07:10 pm
InfraBlue wrote:
If I were Joe I'd do one of two things. I'd either act on my great big bleeding heart, end my pursuit of money and join the peace corps., or I'd shut my great big sanctimonious trap, and risk being thought a hypocritical moron, than to open it and remove all doubt.
Precisely what I expected: an answer long on insult and short on wisdom. I've indulged your fantasy long enough. Stalk another one of my threads for the sole purpose of Ad Hominem attack and I'll report you. I'll leave you with a tidbit of advice: Stay out of business. You are hopelessly ill equipped to handle the realities that exist there.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 07:11 pm
Ooh, that was a body blow, but Blue can really take a punch. He reels a little bit, shaken but he comes right back with . . .
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 07:20 pm
It was ad hominem, Bill, because you yourself brought up some things about what you think, and some things that you do. If you think they are beyond comment, DON'T POST THEM.

I was talking about Joe, Bill, and what I'd do if I were in his shoes. You were the one that began questioning my intelligence and ability to read, didn't you? I could have brought up the fact that you have atrocious, barely literate writing skills, muddling up your point as you went along attempting to clarify your position, but I didn't. I let your slights go.

But on second thought, read the above.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 07:45 pm
InfraBlue wrote:
It was ad hominem, Bill, because you yourself brought up some things about what you think, and some things that you do. If you think they are beyond comment, DON'T POST THEM.
Perhaps you could refresh my memory. Nowhere in this exchange do I recall you making a single TOPIC RELEVANT post. Not even a sliver of relevance. I indulged your ignorant attack in hopes you would get it out of your system… and not behave like such a child on any more of my threads.

InfraBlue wrote:
I was talking about Joe, Bill, and what I'd do if I were in his shoes.
Which tells me you are a fool, a liar or at least someone hopelessly ill equipped for the business world.
InfraBlue wrote:
You were the one that began questioning my intelligence and ability to read, didn't you?
Yep, after responding to the same quoted paragraph for at least the 6th time. Rolling Eyes

InfraBlue wrote:
I could have brought up the fact that you have atrocious, barely literate writing skills, muddling up your point as you went along attempting to clarify your position, but I didn't. I let your slights go.
Actually, you did point out your problem with my writing skills. Interestingly enough; it was not long after I received a PM from another businessman telling me to "Keep writing good stuff".

InfraBlue wrote:
But on second thought, read the above.
And just what might I find there? An endless list of unsubstantiated accusations, pointless insults and a fool's fantasy where fiscally sound decisions are on par with mass-murder. Beyond your lovely writing skills, you have exhibited nothing but an acute ignorance. Idea
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 07:48 pm
Fight! Fight!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 07:54 pm
It's not girls...so who cares.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 07:59 pm
The two brawlers stand toe to toe, bloodied and exhausted. The crowd is standing as they trade punches in the middle of the ring. And Bill comes in with an uppercut that wobbles Blue, but Blue comes right back with an overhand right! Bill's eye is swollen half shut, but he won't go down. Blue comes back again, this time with a vicious . . .
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:18 pm
A guy at work who I discuss current events with was just aghast at that speech. He wanted to discuss what he felt was outrageous, that the president came off as an incoherent moron. I guess I'm sorry I missed it.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 10:30 pm
You're as sharp as the scissors given to first grade children, Bill. Once again, what I've posted here is relevant here because I've quoted things that you've said here and elsewhere about the president's speech--inspiring things like freedom for Iraqis who are after all HUMAN BEINGS in great big bold letters!, and giving a human being an honest shot at a decent lot in life, and humans' entitlement to dignity (give me a moment to wipe my tears). And, I've commented on these things you've said comparing them to things you've said here, and comparing them to your pathetic attempts at rationalization. And, I've pointed you out as paradigmatic of most of the war supporters. If you can't grasp how this is relevant to this thread, you're a bigger moron than the president you so admire. That president who's human rights you'd violate because he not only exhibits natural linguistic phenomenon, he suffers from severe speech defects. But hey, if he'd negatively affect your wallet, f**k his human rights. You are a good business man, by the way. You don't let petty things like human rights get between you and your wallet. Your business skills should be commended. But, maybe Dubya should satellite-guide a MOAB right up your Approximate vicinity for even considering violating his human rights. Remember, he's a guy that acts on principles, and is willing to collaterally slaughter thousands upon thousands of innocents to get his guy in their name (what?). But then again, he's a raving hypocrite second only to you, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, that's open to discussion.

You are getting redundant, Bill, and I'm getting tired of this. If you ask me again what this has to do with your thread, go sit on a MOAB.
0 Replies